  1. Not Very

    Not Very Guest

    That seems to be filling this group lately???

    Not Very, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Not Very

    Dierk Haasis Guest

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:09:57 +1000, Not Very <>
    wrote:

    >That seems to be filling this group lately???

    First of all it's September, 11th.

    9th of November has two historical events attached, both linked to
    Germany: the so-called "Reichskristallnacht" (look it up yourself) and
    the opening of the Wall, essentially the "we've lost" message by the
    GDR towards Western Germany.

    And now go drink some more beer.

    --

    Dierk

    Dierk Haasis, Sep 18, 2003

  3. Not Very

    Leonard Guest

    Not Very wrote:
    > That seems to be filling this group lately???

    You've misinterpreted. It's the new nine-elevenths format that
    Olympus are pushing. After the success of the four-thirds project
    in creating a dSLR system that was smaller, cheaper and higher
    quality than those based on existing 35mm systems, they are
    going to make a 'prosumer' version based on a smaller sensor,
    which will allow for a body that is only a little bigger and
    more expensive than a 10D.
    Apparently their marketing people told them they already had
    great brand awareness.

    - Len

    Leonard, Sep 18, 2003
  4. Not Very

    Ms. Jaime Guest

    It isn't crap. November 9 is *my* birthday. :)

    Ms.Jaime

    Ms. Jaime, Sep 18, 2003
  5. Not Very

    FOR7b Guest

    >>That seems to be filling this group lately???

    >=46irst of all it's September, 11th.
    >
    >9th of November has two historical events attached, both linked to
    >Germany: the so-called "Reichskristallnacht" (look it up yourself) and
    >the opening of the Wall, essentially the "we've lost" message by the
    >GDR towards Western Germany.
    >
    >And now go drink some more beer.
    >
    >--=20
    >
    >Dierk

    LOL Dierk. :)

    FOR7b, Sep 18, 2003
  6. In article <MAiab.6743$>, Leonard
    <> wrote:

    > Not Very wrote:
    > > That seems to be filling this group lately???

    > You've misinterpreted. It's the new nine-elevenths format that
    > Olympus are pushing.

    ROTFL.

    The camera industry, like the VCR industry, has with great sensitivity
    perceived that what makes people react strongly emotionally is
    *numbers*. Names like "800-KXL" and "D-X-30" and "Four Thirds" will
    make people break into tears of joy in the store.
    Words and images come in a very distant second in communication power,
    according to big corporations' marketing research.

    --
    - Eolake
    --

    http://MacCreator.com

    Eolake Stobblehouse, Sep 18, 2003
  7. "Ms. Jaime" <> wrote in message
    > It isn't crap. November 9 is *my* birthday. :)

    The 11th of September is my sister's birthday. So don't think bad of me when
    I say I spent the 11th of September, 2001 celebrating with my family.

    --
    Martin
    Staring at C:\ prompts since 1993

    Martin Francis, Sep 18, 2003
  8. "Eolake Stobblehouse" <> wrote in message
    > In article <MAiab.6743$>, Leonard
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Not Very wrote:
    > > > That seems to be filling this group lately???

    > > You've misinterpreted. It's the new nine-elevenths format that
    > > Olympus are pushing.

    > ROTFL.
    >
    > The camera industry, like the VCR industry, has with great sensitivity
    > perceived that what makes people react strongly emotionally is
    > *numbers*. Names like "800-KXL" and "D-X-30" and "Four Thirds" will
    > make people break into tears of joy in the store.
    > Words and images come in a very distant second in communication power,
    > according to big corporations' marketing research.
    >
    > --
    > - Eolake
    > --
    >
    > http://MacCreator.com

    A co-worker is, and has been, all hung up on "megapixels". He even says the word funny. <g> And, he also talks about "the new" HP
    printer (this changes with time) that has a high number megapixel print. He takes the horizontal & vertical printing specks,
    multiplies it and comes up with the megapixel rating for printers. Born to be in marketing!

    Steve

    Steve Colburn, Sep 18, 2003
  9. >> It isn't crap. November 9 is *my* birthday. :)

    >The 11th of September is my sister's birthday. So don't think bad of me when
    >I say I spent the 11th of September, 2001 celebrating with my family.

    Sept. 11 is my mother's birthday and my sister's. I called my mother
    at work on Sept. 11, 2001 and wished her a happy birthday. Her
    reply?

    "Paul, you haven't seen the news yet, have you?"

    "No, I haven't. Why?" Said I.

    "Go turn on CBC."

    Luckily we didn't have any friends or relatives in the buildings, but
    still... it's a hell of a thing to find out about on one's birthday.

    Paul Fedorenko, Sep 19, 2003
  10. Not Very

    George Kerby Guest

    On 9/18/03 4:51 PM, in article , "Steve
    Colburn" <> wrote:

    > "Eolake Stobblehouse" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <MAiab.6743$>, Leonard
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> You've misinterpreted. It's the new nine-elevenths format that
    >>> Olympus are pushing.

    >> ROTFL.
    >>
    >> The camera industry, like the VCR industry, has with great sensitivity
    >> perceived that what makes people react strongly emotionally is
    >> *numbers*. Names like "800-KXL" and "D-X-30" and "Four Thirds" will
    >> make people break into tears of joy in the store.
    >> Words and images come in a very distant second in communication power,
    >> according to big corporations' marketing research.
    >>
    >> --
    >> - Eolake
    >> --
    >>
    >> http://MacCreator.com

    > A co-worker is, and has been, all hung up on "megapixels". He even says the
    > word funny. <g>

    The word itself is an abomination. It is a miscarriage of marketing.
    Personally, I hate it because it is misleading and irrelevant. Typical
    stupid way that people love to use 'flashwords' that don't mean shit. He may
    say the word "funny" (as you state), but it doesn't matter how he says it,
    because it is meaningless.
    Think about it: Mega = 'big', Pixel = "small"
    Typical invention furthering the bastardization of the English language...

    George Kerby, Sep 19, 2003
  11. Not Very

    DTJ Guest

    wrote:

    >That seems to be filling this group lately???

    I knew europeons were stupid, but I didn't know they were this stupid.

    You probably think saddam didn't have any weapons...

    DTJ, Sep 19, 2003
  12. Not Very

    Eric Gisin Guest

    "DTJ" <> wrote in message
    | On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:09:57 +1000, Not Very <>
    | wrote:
    |
    | >That seems to be filling this group lately???

    stupid amerikans who don't know off-topics posts are trolling.

    | I knew europeons were stupid, but I didn't know they were this stupid.
    |
    | You probably think saddam didn't have any weapons...

    weapons of mass destruction? sticks and stones?

    Eric Gisin, Sep 19, 2003
  13. "George Kerby" <> wrote in message news:BB8FB113.19020%...
    > On 9/18/03 4:51 PM, in article , "Steve
    > Colburn" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Eolake Stobblehouse" <> wrote in message

    > >> ROTFL.
    > >>
    > >> The camera industry, like the VCR industry, has with great sensitivity
    > >> perceived that what makes people react strongly emotionally is
    > >> *numbers*. Names like "800-KXL" and "D-X-30" and "Four Thirds" will
    > >> make people break into tears of joy in the store.
    > >> Words and images come in a very distant second in communication power,
    > >> according to big corporations' marketing research.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> - Eolake
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> http://MacCreator.com

    > > A co-worker is, and has been, all hung up on "megapixels". He even says the
    > > word funny. <g>

    > The word itself is an abomination. It is a miscarriage of marketing.
    > Personally, I hate it because it is misleading and irrelevant. Typical
    > stupid way that people love to use 'flashwords' that don't mean shit. He may
    > say the word "funny" (as you state), but it doesn't matter how he says it,
    > because it is meaningless.
    > Think about it: Mega = 'big', Pixel = "small"
    > Typical invention furthering the bastardization of the English language...

    > <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>

    Kinda like jumbo shrimp? <g>

    Steve
    ....with a 6.3 megapixel camera...

    Steve Colburn, Sep 19, 2003
  14. Not Very

    Bob Guest

    > On 9/18/03 4:51 PM, in article , "Steve
    > Colburn" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Eolake Stobblehouse" <> wrote in

    message

    > >> ROTFL.
    > >>
    > >> The camera industry, like the VCR industry, has with great sensitivity
    > >> perceived that what makes people react strongly emotionally is
    > >> *numbers*. Names like "800-KXL" and "D-X-30" and "Four Thirds" will
    > >> make people break into tears of joy in the store.
    > >> Words and images come in a very distant second in communication power,
    > >> according to big corporations' marketing research.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> - Eolake
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> http://MacCreator.com

    > > A co-worker is, and has been, all hung up on "megapixels". He even says

    the
    > > word funny. <g>

    > The word itself is an abomination. It is a miscarriage of marketing.
    > Personally, I hate it because it is misleading and irrelevant. Typical
    > stupid way that people love to use 'flashwords' that don't mean shit. He

    may
    > say the word "funny" (as you state), but it doesn't matter how he says it,
    > because it is meaningless.
    > Think about it: Mega = 'big', Pixel = "small"
    > Typical invention furthering the bastardization of the English language...

    Pixel stands for Picture Element. I don't see how it necessarily means
    "small."

    Bob, Sep 19, 2003
  15. Not Very

    Charlie D Guest

    "Bob" <> wrote:
    > Pixel stands for Picture Element. I don't see how it necessarily means
    > "small."

    And mega can mean 1,000,000
    mega- pref.
    1. Large: megadose.
    2. One million : megahertz. [Greek, from megas, great. See meg- below.]

    Seems ok to me

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA

    Charlie D, Sep 19, 2003
  16. Not Very

    Ms. Jaime Guest

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:02:51 +0000 (UTC), "Martin Francis"
    <> wrote:

    >"Ms. Jaime" <> wrote in message
    >> It isn't crap. November 9 is *my* birthday. :)

    >The 11th of September is my sister's birthday. So don't think bad of me when
    >I say I spent the 11th of September, 2001 celebrating with my family.

    Why would I? It *is* your sister's birthday and IMO all birthdays
    need to be acknowledged to the person who was born that day.

    Besides Sept 11 was around *long* before 9/11 if you see what I mean.

    Ms.Jaime

    Ms. Jaime, Sep 19, 2003
  17. Not Very

    Dierk Haasis Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:52:19 GMT, DTJ <> wrote:

    >You probably think saddam didn't have any weapons...

    But you've heard the news Junior announced yesterday? It was about
    Saddam, WMD and 9/11 ... I am sure it was on TV, so even Americans
    could cope with it (not having to learn to read).

    Can anybody explain to me - and rest assured this is a rhetorical
    question - why some people always try to bash each other on the sole
    ground of not being them?

    --

    Dierk

    Dierk Haasis, Sep 19, 2003
  18. Not Very

    FOR7b Guest

    >>You probably think saddam didn't have any weapons...
    >
    >But you've heard the news Junior announced yesterday? It was about
    >Saddam, WMD and 9/11 ... I am sure it was on TV

    Yeah he said what he has always said, that there was no conclusive evidence to
    tie Sadam Hussein to 9/11. He has always said that. Where have you been?
    Apparently you do not realize why he metioned that. It was in repsonse to a
    recent survey that showed Americans suspect Hussein of being tied to 9/11. Try
    and get your facts straight before posting please.

    >, so even Americans
    >could cope with it (not having to learn to read).

    Wow, that was very mature.

    >Can anybody explain to me - and rest assured this is a rhetorical
    >question - why some people always try to bash each other on the sole
    >ground of not being them?

    Not being them? What are you trying to say? Are you trying to say like them?
    While we are at it, try explaining YOUR bashing remark "so even Americans could
    cope with it (not having to learn to read." You laughably question why people
    bash and then do it yourself? Real intelligent. You make for a very embarassing
    ambassador for Germany.

    FOR7b, Sep 19, 2003
  19. Not Very

    Dierk Haasis Guest

    On 19 Sep 2003 07:52:17 GMT, xnxnxnx (FOR7b) wrote:

    >Try and get your facts straight before posting please.

    Curiously, I just posed a question with only one fact being
    implicated, namely that Junior yesterday said something about Hussein

    >Wow, that was very mature.

    Thanks!

    >Not being them? What are you trying to say? Are you trying to say like them?
    >While we are at it, try explaining YOUR bashing remark "so even Americans could
    >cope with it (not having to learn to read." You laughably question why people
    >bash and then do it yourself? Real intelligent. You make for a very embarassing
    >ambassador for Germany.

    Why do you think that I am German? Even if I am one - and I don't say
    I am - I surely wouldn't be a good German, let alone anything remotely
    reminiscent of an ambassador.

    BTW, if you cannot even guess what I am trying to say (see above), how
    come you know I have to be insulted for it.

    Trolls are so cuuuute to play with! :)

    --

    Dierk

    Dierk Haasis, Sep 19, 2003
  20. Not Very

    Not Very Guest

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:52:19 GMT, DTJ <> wrote:

    > >That seems to be filling this group lately???

    > I knew europeons were stupid, but I didn't know they were this stupid.

    I'm not European, I'm Antipodean.

    > You probably think saddam didn't have any weapons...

    He didn't. Prove that he did.

    Not Very, Sep 19, 2003