    I've had a lot of trouble getting headers recently, especially on 11th
    when I could get none. Of course this is not covered in the Slingshot
    Net status report.

    Nighthawk, Sep 11, 2007

  2. Nighthawk

    Peter Guest

    Nighthawk wrote:
    > I've had a lot of trouble getting headers recently, especially on 11th
    > when I could get none. Of course this is not covered in the Slingshot
    > Net status report.

    Yes, it was timing out all evening (Tuesday 11 Sept).
    Also, there was some problems one day last week, when my news client gave
    error message; "error 499 - remote server down?"
    This seemed to clear after I sent in a question via the on line form.

    It appears there are ongoing problems with the news server at Slingshot.

    Peter

    Peter, Sep 11, 2007

  3. Nighthawk

    John Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > Nighthawk wrote:
    >> I've had a lot of trouble getting headers recently, especially on 11th
    >> when I could get none. Of course this is not covered in the Slingshot
    >> Net status report.

    > Yes, it was timing out all evening (Tuesday 11 Sept).
    > Also, there was some problems one day last week, when my news client gave
    > error message; "error 499 - remote server down?"
    > This seemed to clear after I sent in a question via the on line form.
    >
    > It appears there are ongoing problems with the news server at Slingshot.
    >

    > Peter

    They will probably end up dropping it. Then I will also shift ISP, as I have
    been waiting for another reason apart from the poor connection speeds in the
    evening.

    John, Sep 12, 2007
  4. Nighthawk

    Nighthawk Guest

    On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:55:17 +1200, Peter <>
    wrote:

    >Nighthawk wrote:
    >> I've had a lot of trouble getting headers recently, especially on 11th
    >> when I could get none. Of course this is not covered in the Slingshot
    >> Net status report.

    >Yes, it was timing out all evening (Tuesday 11 Sept).
    >Also, there was some problems one day last week, when my news client gave
    >error message; "error 499 - remote server down?"
    >This seemed to clear after I sent in a question via the on line form.
    >
    >It appears there are ongoing problems with the news server at Slingshot.

    This is the first time I have managed to get back in since I posted
    the original message. I was also getting the 499 error message
    earlier in the week.

    Nighthawk, Sep 12, 2007