    printed in the same location (ex. Aliens has the number 11 printed on
    the side). Is Fox going to package all their sci-fi DVDs as a set in
    the future, or is this some other type of marketing ploy?
    No. 1, Feb 6, 2004

  2. No. 1 () writes:
    > When I picked up Planet of the Apes this week I noticed the number
    > "14" printed at the bottom of the side edge of the box below the
    > title. Didn't know what it was meant for, but then also noticed that
    > the single movie editions of the Alien series also have a number
    > printed in the same location (ex. Aliens has the number 11 printed on
    > the side). Is Fox going to package all their sci-fi DVDs as a set in
    > the future, or is this some other type of marketing ploy?

    I think it's for all their cardboard two disc special editions
    (Die Hard is 8 or 9).

    --
    "There is nothing so absurd but some philosopher has said it" - Cicero
    "This is genius, this is genuine, this is bullshit" - Bob Mould
    David A. Copeland, Feb 6, 2004

  3. No. 1

    jayembee Guest

    (No. 1) wrote:

    >When I picked up Planet of the Apes this week I noticed the number
    >"14" printed at the bottom of the side edge of the box below the
    >title. Didn't know what it was meant for, but then also noticed that
    >the single movie editions of the Alien series also have a number
    >printed in the same location (ex. Aliens has the number 11 printed on
    >the side). Is Fox going to package all their sci-fi DVDs as a set in
    >the future, or is this some other type of marketing ploy?

    It has nothing to do with their "sci-fi" movies. They are numbering
    their 2-disc digipack "Collector's Edition" releases, similar to their
    numbering of their "Studio Classics" series. Aside from the ones you
    mention, I've noted that THE ABYSS is #1, and THE SOUND OF MUSIC is
    #5.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Feb 8, 2004