    I've just got a new "old" 2003 access. Creating a new database tells
    me that it is of the 2000 format... why??? I'm not converting, so why
    would a database create a new OLD file?
    dimon, May 13, 2008

  2. dimon

    OldMan Guest

    Tools>Options>Advanced.....amend 'Default File Format'

    OldMan, May 13, 2008

  3. dimon

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 13 May 2008 08:08:03 -0700 (PDT), dimon wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I've just got a new "old" 2003 access. Creating a new database tells

    Remove the - got a new "old" , replace with installed.

    >me that it is of the 2000 format... why??? I'm not converting, so why

    Compatability feature. For those that didn't know if they had the shiny
    new version of something others couldn't open the files. It's more fun
    tham you may have thought, see last link below.

    >would a database create a new OLD file?

    Wow that's a clear description.

    Tools / Options / Advanced / Default File Format, then pick
    Access 2000
    Access 2002-2003

    www.google.com

    Change the default file format - Access - Microsoft Office Online
    Change the default file format. Applies to: Microsoft Office Access 2007
    .... in either the Access 2000 format or the Access 2002-2003 format
    (both with the ...
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100210701033.aspx - 43k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    Upgrading to Access 2003
    Do I need to convert my existing database to Access 2003 format? ... On
    the Advanced tab, change the Default File Format to Access 2000:. Back
    to top ...
    www.ucl.ac.uk/is/documents/accessfaq/index.htm - 18k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1076
    January 6th, 2008
    Microsoft restores Office 2003 users’ access to old file types
    Posted by Mary Jo Foley @ 8:20 am

    Microsoft, justifiably, has come under a lot of criticism for blocking
    Office 2003 users’ access to older file formats — even if it was in the
    name of security. But it looks like the public outcry did some good, as
    Microsoft has detailed options to allow users continue to access the old
    formats.

    Me
    why?, May 13, 2008