What's up with DVD Price Search?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stan Brown, May 19, 2004.

  1. Stan Brown

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, May 19, 2004

  2. Stan Brown

    Codswallop Guest

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 00:57:38 GMT, Stan Brown wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > For almost the last 48 hours, every time I try to calculate totals I
    > get "Internal Server Error". The error message says to write to
    > , which I've done; but no reply.

    Where is the "calculate totals" option? I price checked a DVD fine just
    then and it looks OK to me...

    If you are using IE as your browser, go into Tools -> Internet Options
    -> Advanced and untick "Show friendly HTTP error messages". That will
    give you a more descriptive error message.

    --
    - Cods
    (un ROT-13 to email)

    Welcome to KILLFILE, population: You.

    Codswallop, May 19, 2004

  3. Stan Brown

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <Xns94EE76140E1CFcodswallopcom@139.132.1.4>, chunkylover53
    @aol.com says...
    > On Wed, 19 May 2004 00:57:38 GMT, Stan Brown wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > > For almost the last 48 hours, every time I try to calculate totals I
    > > get "Internal Server Error". The error message says to write to
    > > , which I've done; but no reply.

    > Where is the "calculate totals" option? I price checked a DVD fine just
    > then and it looks OK to me...

    I'll bet he's using the old, non-Javascript version of the site:

    http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/indexA.shtml

    I noticed this too a couple of days ago - I still use Netscape
    frequently, and the way I have it configured, it doesn't like the newer
    version of the site, so I'd use the old site more often than not. My
    guess is some changes were made to the site architecture that rendered
    some parts of the old site unusable. Frankly, I'm surprised it's
    remained up as long as it has.

    Dave

    Dave Garrett, May 19, 2004
  4. Stan Brown

    Stan Brown Guest

    "Dave Garrett" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >I'll bet he's using the old, non-Javascript version of the site:
    >
    >http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/indexA.shtml

    Good guess. :)

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, May 19, 2004
  5. Stan Brown

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > "Stan Brown" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > >Anybody know what's going on? Does this affect both interfaces, or
    > >is the Javascript interface still working?

    > "Dave Garrett" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > >I'll bet he's using the old, non-Javascript version of the site:
    > >
    > >http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/indexA.shtml

    > Good guess. :)

    Note to self: read first, then post. ;-)

    Dave

    Dave Garrett, May 19, 2004