    My question is...is About:Blank associated with Yahoo? Is this the
    price I am expected (by Yahoo) to pay for their free services?

    Is About:Blank dangerous to me in any way?

    Edw. Peach, Jan 17, 2006

  2. Edw. Peach

    Donnie Guest

    > My question is...is About:Blank associated with Yahoo? Is this the
    > price I am expected (by Yahoo) to pay for their free services?
    >
    > Is About:Blank dangerous to me in any way?

    ##############################
    Apparently it is a trojan or spyware but I don't think it's related to
    yahoo.
    donnie

    Donnie, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Edw. Peach

    Edw. Peach Guest

    Thanks. I was asking because as I noted, I notice it when I'm using
    Yahoo services but do not find it 'active' while on other sites. Do
    you happen to know what files I could check for on my HD to verify
    that it's there? I want to make sure before I take measures to remove
    it. I've had About:Blank issues for quite a while. Ad-Aware doesn't
    pick this one off my computer.

    Thanks.

    Edw. Peach, Jan 18, 2006
  4. Edw. Peach

    Donnie Guest

    Donnie, Jan 19, 2006
  5. Edw. Peach

    Winged Guest

    Winged, Jan 19, 2006
  6. Edw. Peach

    Edw. Peach Guest

    Yes, I know how to search Google. I do but as a technical novice
    prefer feedback as well. I don't know a good website from a bad one,
    regarding information and help someone is offering online.

    Thanks

    Edw. Peach, Jan 19, 2006
  7. Edw. Peach

    Donnie Guest

    "Edw. Peach" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, I know how to search Google. I do but as a technical novice
    > prefer feedback as well. I don't know a good website from a bad one,
    > regarding information and help someone is offering online.
    >
    > Thanks

    That's why I gave your 2 sites as a starter. I only mentioned google in
    case you wanted more. I wasn't saying that you were google impaired.
    donnie.

    Donnie, Jan 20, 2006