    house brand were no longer available in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or 10lb
    bags. Going the way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from 5lb
    to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

    Café Publico, Dec 8, 2010

  2. Café Publico

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:11:42 -0800, Café Publico wrote:

    > At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area), both C&H as well the
    > house brand were no longer available in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or 10lb
    > bags. Going the way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from 5lb
    > to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

    It's been that way for a few years now, 4 lbs. at the 5 lbs. price
    :)
    --
    12/7/2010 8:44:10 PM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo38, Dec 8, 2010

  3. "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:11:42 -0800, Café Publico wrote:
    >
    >> At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area), both C&H as well
    >> the
    >> house brand were no longer available in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or
    >> 10lb
    >> bags. Going the way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from
    >> 5lb
    >> to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

    > It's been that way for a few years now, 4 lbs. at the 5 lbs. price
    > :)

    A few *years*? Just checked the last bag of sugar I bought (about a month
    ago) --- same store, same brand ---- and it was a 5lb bag. Have I been
    buying old sugar? ;-)

    Café Publico, Dec 8, 2010
  4. Café Publico

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:50:02 -0800, Café Publico wrote:

    > "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:11:42 -0800, Café Publico wrote:
    >>
    >>> At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area), both C&H as well
    >>> the
    >>> house brand were no longer available in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or
    >>> 10lb
    >>> bags. Going the way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from
    >>> 5lb
    >>> to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

    >> It's been that way for a few years now, 4 lbs. at the 5 lbs. price
    >> :)

    > A few *years*? Just checked the last bag of sugar I bought (about a month
    > ago) --- same store, same brand ---- and it was a 5lb bag. Have I been
    > buying old sugar? ;-)

    I am almost sure it's been in 4 lb. bags for the past 3-4 years here
    in Texas. It pissed me off how they snuck it in at the same price as
    the 5 lb. bag. <g> Their way of not raising the price. LOL
    --
    12/7/2010 9:01:26 PM CST

    Old Gringo38, Dec 8, 2010
  5. Café Publico

    NormanM Guest

    On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:11:42 -0800, Café Publico wrote:

    > At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area), both C&H as well the
    > house brand were no longer available in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or 10lb
    > bags. Going the way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from 5lb
    > to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

    It's the sugar industry's way of complying with the health nuts' demand to
    reduce the consumption of sugar in this country.

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come

    NormanM, Dec 8, 2010
  6. "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:50:02 -0800, Café Publico wrote:
    >
    >> "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message

    >>> It's been that way for a few years now, 4 lbs. at the 5 lbs. price
    >>> :)

    >> A few *years*? Just checked the last bag of sugar I bought (about a
    >> month
    >> ago) --- same store, same brand ---- and it was a 5lb bag. Have I been
    >> buying old sugar? ;-)

    > I am almost sure it's been in 4 lb. bags for the past 3-4 years here
    > in Texas. It pissed me off how they snuck it in at the same price as
    > the 5 lb. bag. <g> Their way of not raising the price. LOL

    Guess it takes us a little longer out here in California, but we all get
    screwed in the end . . .

    Café Publico, Dec 8, 2010
  7. Café Publico

    G. Morgan Guest

    Café Publico <> wrote:

    >At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area), both C&H as well the
    >house brand were no longer available in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or 10lb
    >bags. Going the way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from 5lb
    >to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

    You don't buy sugar much. It's been that way. It's called the "grocery shrink
    ray" at Consumerist.com

    G. Morgan, Dec 8, 2010
  8. Café Publico

    G. Morgan Guest

    Café Publico <> wrote:

    >"Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 18:50:02 -0800, Café Publico wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message

    >>> A few *years*? Just checked the last bag of sugar I bought (about a
    >>> month
    >>> ago) --- same store, same brand ---- and it was a 5lb bag. Have I been
    >>> buying old sugar? ;-)

    >> I am almost sure it's been in 4 lb. bags for the past 3-4 years here
    >> in Texas. It pissed me off how they snuck it in at the same price as
    >> the 5 lb. bag. <g> Their way of not raising the price. LOL

    >Guess it takes us a little longer out here in California, but we all get
    >screwed in the end . . .

    I'm sure they already nailed ya on ice cream. Those a$$holes have been slowly
    shrinking the buckets into cups !

    G. Morgan, Dec 8, 2010
  9. Café Publico

    NotMe Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > Café Publico <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Old Gringo38" <> wrote in message

    >>> I am almost sure it's been in 4 lb. bags for the past 3-4 years here
    >>> in Texas. It pissed me off how they snuck it in at the same price as
    >>> the 5 lb. bag. <g> Their way of not raising the price. LOL

    >>Guess it takes us a little longer out here in California, but we all get
    >>screwed in the end . . .

    > I'm sure they already nailed ya on ice cream. Those a$$holes have been
    > slowly
    > shrinking the buckets into cups !

    Blue Bell is still in the one gallon bucket. Given the number of grand kids
    we have (natural, adopted and foster) it's a good thing.

    NotMe, Dec 8, 2010
  10. Café Publico <> via

    > At the grocery store today (Lucky store, SF Bay Area),
    > both C&H as well the house brand were no longer available
    > in 5lb bags. It was either 4lb or 10lb bags. Going the
    > way of candy bars, I suppose. Is this transition from
    > 5lb to 4lb bags common in the rest of the US?

    Yes. (Colorado; Denver mostly but I get around...)

    Walmart Deli's just shortened their "Pick 3" chicken bucket by
    about a third. That's a third less volume. Supposedly you
    still get 3 pounds for $10, but how long that's gonna last is
    anybody's guess. "Prices are falling" but they forgot to tell
    you that containers are consistently getting smaller.

    Papa John's Pizza is now grinding cardboard into the crust batter...
    remember when Dominos was doing that? They also are cutting the
    cheese with chicken, pork and beef fat... supposedly it makes it
    taste so much better that most people don't even mind.

    Papa John's Pizza got caught blowing their noses onto finished
    pizzas before delivery... It's like a culture of the brand
    which has spread all over the country now. They never should
    have made movies joking about spitting on food, or commercials
    about waitresses wringing out bar rags into patrons' drinks.
    This is where luzers and retards get their ideas: Hollywood.

    HTH.

    If you buy *anything* that says "Made in China" anytime,
    you're supporting the "Evil Empire" and the terrorists too.

    --

    Hello, I'm Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and you're not.

    http://www.socialmediasobrietytest.com/

    http://213.251.145.96/ (WikiSteenks)

    http://thedogpaddler.com/RandomUploads/Ball/ball.htm

    Repent! The end is near. Or... good luck
    with that whole pesky "apocolypse" thangy.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 9, 2010
  11. Café Publico

    G. Morgan Guest

    Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote:

    >Walmart Deli's just shortened their "Pick 3" chicken bucket by
    >about a third.

    Based on past posts, It seems to me you wouldn't be caught dead in a Wal-Mart..

    G. Morgan, Dec 10, 2010
  12. G. Morgan <> via

    > Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >

    >> Walmart Deli's just shortened their "Pick 3"
    >> chicken bucket by about a third.

    > Based on past posts, It seems to me you wouldn't
    > be caught dead in a Wal-Mart..

    I don't shower for a few days and wear a disguise to blend in.

    (My red stretchy pants with "JUICY" screenprinted across the
    front is about to wear out - so I may have to come up with
    another stategy... like sending the maid over there...)

    HTH.

    Watch out for Papa John's Pizza or they may slip in
    some of their notorious "special snot toppings" on you.
    <and then they have the big giggles parties>

    --

    Hello, I'm Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and while I understand
    that you may be a government-trained TSA officer; I repeat,

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 10, 2010
  13. Café Publico

    G. Morgan Guest

    Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out> wrote:

    >so I may have to come up with
    >another stategy... like sending the maid over there...)

    That's what I do.

    G. Morgan, Dec 10, 2010
  14. G. Morgan says:

    > Bucky Breeder wrote:
    >
    >> so I may have to come up with
    >> another stategy... like sending the maid over there...)

    > That's what I do.

    We should start a club... and call it "the country club"...
    But every now and then I likes to get out there and
    see how the little peeples live. Walmart is like the
    21st century Geezus because they too take the
    food stamps - according to the signs. Turning the
    little government fishies into big ole baskets of food,
    beer and wine. 'Cept they still can't turn the water
    into wine - and I mean that taking a "Sam's Club" bottle
    of watered down fruit juice and selling it as "wine" just
    ain't the same, I tell ya, it just ain't!

    (Sam's Club cookies are really good. I only know that because
    I caught the maid eatin' them, and said "Hay, I pay you to
    work, not eat the cookies - gimme them cookies or I'll turn
    you into INS/ICE..." then I went into the study and ate them.)

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 10, 2010