    This does not appear on Firefox, not quite sure why he's be using IE6.0.

    Keith (Southend)
    http://www.southendweather.net

    keith (Southend_2), Jul 2, 2006

  2. keith (Southend_2) wrote:
    > http://64.62.228.94/privacySMP.asp?xP03
    >
    > This seems to be the default page on IE6.0 on my boys computer. Before I
    > remove it / change the home page back to google, can anyone add anything
    > to wat it's all about, as it's a bit suspicious to me?

    A bit? It's classical scam.

    > The two links which it is trying to get you to click on are both java.
    > Version currently installed is 1.5.0_6-b05

    Oh well, please get 1.5.0_7.

    > I have an idea what he's been looking at (not me honest gov!)

    And I have an idea who's system is compromised and should be
    approciately treaten.

    > This does not appear on Firefox, not quite sure why he's be using IE6.0.

    For the same reason as about 40% of the other kiddiots - they don't know
    how to differ between a webbrowser and an ActiveX Rich Platform Client.

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Jul 2, 2006

  3. Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:
    > keith (Southend_2) wrote:
    >
    >>http://64.62.228.94/privacySMP.asp?xP03
    >>
    >>This seems to be the default page on IE6.0 on my boys computer. Before I
    >>remove it / change the home page back to google, can anyone add anything
    >>to wat it's all about, as it's a bit suspicious to me?

    > A bit? It's classical scam.
    >

    >>The two links which it is trying to get you to click on are both java.
    >>Version currently installed is 1.5.0_6-b05

    > Oh well, please get 1.5.0_7.
    >

    >>I have an idea what he's been looking at (not me honest gov!)

    > And I have an idea who's system is compromised and should be
    > approciately treaten.
    >

    >>This does not appear on Firefox, not quite sure why he's be using IE6.0.

    > For the same reason as about 40% of the other kiddiots - they don't know
    > how to differ between a webbrowser and an ActiveX Rich Platform Client.

    Thanks Sebastian. Java now version 7. Google now homepage, plus I
    removed all the tempoerary internet files and cookies just for the sake
    of it :)

    keith (Southend_2), Jul 2, 2006