  1. hi just installed zone alarm it keeps askingif it will allow access to the
    internet for microsoft(r) html application i dont know if its alright to say
    yes what is it and is it okay to say yes thanks jc

    james christie, Apr 25, 2004

  2. james christie

    Hywel Guest

    In article <c6gpdt$l5a$>, james.christie3
    @btinternet.com says...
    > hi just installed zone alarm it keeps askingif it will allow access to the
    > internet for microsoft(r) html application i dont know if its alright to say
    > yes what is it and is it okay to say yes thanks jc

    If you don't know what it is, don't let it connect. What software are
    you running at the time this message appears?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Apr 25, 2004

  3. james christie

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:36:14 +0000 (UTC), james christie wrote:

    >hi just installed zone alarm it keeps askingif it will allow access to the

    Which version.

    >internet for microsoft(r) html application i dont know if its alright to say

    What are you (if anything) launching just before the message appears.

    >yes what is it and is it okay to say yes thanks jc

    When I had ZA/P, it was possible to check the properties (path\filename)
    of the program attempting access then make a decision.

    If you say no, is what program is then objecting / showing an error
    message?

    There is always the support and user forums at www.zonelabs.com

    Me

    why?, Apr 25, 2004
  4. james christie

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel why? decided it
    was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:36:14 +0000 (UTC), james christie wrote:
    >
    >> hi just installed zone alarm it keeps askingif it will allow access
    >> to the

    > Which version.
    >
    >> internet for microsoft(r) html application i dont know if its
    >> alright to say

    > What are you (if anything) launching just before the message appears.
    >
    >> yes what is it and is it okay to say yes thanks jc

    > When I had ZA/P, it was possible to check the properties
    > (path\filename) of the program attempting access then make a decision.
    >
    > If you say no, is what program is then objecting / showing an error
    > message?
    >
    > There is always the support and user forums at www.zonelabs.com
    >
    > Me

    It also allows you to ask what it is, and ZA generally gives a reasonable
    answer.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Apr 25, 2004
  5. james christie

    °Mike° Guest

    HTML Application is an *.hta file, and it should NOT
    be granted access, under any circumstances. I
    strongly suggest that you scan your system for
    malware/viruses/worms.

    Download, update and use *all* of the following
    malware removers, and then choose AT LEAST
    two antivirus scanners:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    ================
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **** below.]
    http://www.drweb-online.com/en/online_check.asp

    **** Caveat:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

    On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:36:14 +0000 (UTC), in
    <c6gpdt$l5a$>
    james christie scrawled:

    >hi just installed zone alarm it keeps askingif it will allow access to the
    >internet for microsoft(r) html application i dont know if its alright to say
    >yes what is it and is it okay to say yes thanks jc

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 25, 2004