    (Flashtrax is a portable digital wallet)
    Cheers,
    Paul

    Paul Burdett, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Paul Burdett

    doS Guest

    those files are loaded by a browser hijacker know as BookedSpace

    doS, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    Hi: Thank you for the quick response! meanwhile, I just did a search via the
    "find files" and found it is connected to the Flashtrax driver. It is in the
    C:Flashtrax folder. Should I delete it? I guess I could uncheck it in the
    startlist under msconfig?
    Cheers,
    Paul

    Paul Burdett, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Paul Burdett

    Lazarus Guest

    Aye he`s good that dos guy

    Open a DOS command prompt windows (from Start->Programs-
    >Accessories), and enter the following commands, for the

    Remanent variant:

    cd "%WinDir%\System"
    regsvr32 /u "..\bs3.dll"

    Next open the registry (click 'Start', choose 'Run',
    enter 'regedit'), find the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
    n\Run, and delete the entry 'BookedSpace' or 'Bsx3' (BS3
    variant). OR bsx5 or any bsx5 variant.
    Restart the computer and you should be able to delete
    the 'rem00001.dll', 'bs2.dll' or 'bs3.dll' or 'bsx5.dll'
    file in the Windows folder.
    You can also open the registry and delete the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Remanent or
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_Software\BookedSpace to clean up, if
    you like.

    Lazarus, Jul 3, 2004
  5. Paul Burdett

    Richard Guest

    delete the exe file before the msconfig or you'll just get it back again.
    do a registry search for the name and delete those entries as well.
    if you get an error message "can't find file" later...how bad do you need
    the driver?
    or find another source for the driver.

    Richard, Jul 3, 2004
  6. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    Thank you. Are those entries you mention in the regedit only there after
    doing the dos command? if not, then none of them are there.
    Paul

    Paul Burdett, Jul 3, 2004
  7. Paul Burdett

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 12:38:37 +1000, "Paul Burdett" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >In my start list (under mssconfig) I have an entry: CY_BG
    >C:\Windows\CY_BG.EXE. Can anyone tell me what this is please? The only
    >recent installations are an mp3 player driver and a Flashtrax driver
    >(Flashtrax is a portable digital wallet)
    >Cheers,
    >Paul

    Spyware resources:

    Ad-Aware by Lavasoft
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spybot - Search & Destroy by Patrick Kolla
    http://security.kolla.de/
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    NOTE: After you install the above, click "Online" and get the latest
    updates for the database. Update it regularly for new spy info.

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (Removes browser hijacker known as CoolWebSearch)

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
    http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

    Advertising Spyware: Blackstone Data Transponder and its derivatives
    http://www.cexx.org/vx2.htm

    Here's an option to scan your PC under "Do You Have Parasites?"
    http://www.aumha.org/a/noads.htm

    Unk, Jul 3, 2004
  8. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    Flashtrax is a portable hard drive device I purchased in order to transfer
    photos from my camera to it when I'm overseas on holiday. I guess that it
    won't work without the driver? I'm assuming the CY_BG.exe is part of the
    driver and not a separate "spyware"?
    Cheers,
    Paul

    Paul Burdett, Jul 3, 2004