    Am i correct in thinking this has something to do with a modem?

    --
    www..A1PoolandLeisure

    Bodysnatcher, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Bodysnatcher

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Bodysnatcher" <> wrote in message
    news:cc7915$f7e$
    >| Hi.
    >| Since making a freash start reinstalling Home xp. I'm having
    >| problems with configuaring a "PCI Simple Communications Controller".
    >| Am i correct in thinking this has something to do with a modem?
    >|
    >| --
    >| www..A1PoolandLeisure

    Yep. It's a modem. Do you need it working? It can be disabled if you don't
    need it. If you do, then do you know who it is made by? If it came
    pre-installed in your computer, have you been to the manufacturer's web site
    to look for drivers?

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Bodysnatcher

    Bodysnatcher Guest

    Thanks Toolman Tim.
    No i do not need it, broadband now for my sins!

    Bodysnatcher, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Bodysnatcher

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Then you could go to device manager and disable it - then you won't get
    messages asking for drivers. Love the broadband too!

    >| Thanks Toolman Tim.
    >| No i do not need it, broadband now for my sins!

    >| "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >| > "Bodysnatcher" <> wrote in message
    >| > >|

    >| > Yep. It's a modem. Do you need it working? It can be disabled if
    >| > you don't need it. If you do, then do you know who it is made by?
    >| > If it came pre-installed in your computer, have you been to the
    >| > manufacturer's web
    >| site
    >| > to look for drivers?
    >| >
    >| > --
    >| > "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go
    >| > where THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2004