What's this Asterisk all about ?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Stephen Hammond, Jun 6, 2007.

  1. Stephen Hammond, Jun 6, 2007

  2. Stephen Hammond

    Adrian Guest

    Stephen Hammond () gurgled happily, sounding much
    like they were saying :

    > I'm confused?

    http://www.asterisk.org/

    Think old-style phone system/PABX - but open-source software VoIP.
    Adrian, Jun 6, 2007

  3. Stephen Hammond

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Stephen Hammond wrote:
    > I'm confused?
    > Stephen

    What's your question?
    Desk Rabbit, Jun 6, 2007
  4. Stephen Hammond

    Graham Guest

    "Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message
    > I'm confused?
    > Stephen

    I ran an Asterisk at Home box for over a year, and it did perform some
    cute tricks, but to be honest I couldn't really justify the electricity
    costs as
    its main purpose was account consolidation for the two extensions
    plugged into my Linksys PAP2.

    So I retired the A@H box and moved my accounts to voxalot.com
    which is basically a hosted Asterisk server for which someone else
    pays the electric bill.

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%