What's this all about?

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by bigal, Feb 3, 2006.

1. bigal

bigal

Hey, I was doing a search for "Sun X-Terminal", and this link came up:

http://www.bgcg.net/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=4

I thought this was interesting, because I had submitted my Sun X-Terminal mod to the Bawls contest months ago. Apparently, somebody liked the pictures!

By the way, have you guys seen the current Maximum PC "Rig of the Month"? That's a very cool wooden case, and I see a picture of it in the above link.

Update: Here are the winners of the February BAWLs HotMod contest: http://www.bgcg.net/hotmod/index.html

You'll notice a similarity between Project “sangaku” and the ROTM for Maximum PC. Lucky guy. He won $1,000 for the two contests.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
    bigal, Feb 3, 2006
    1. Advertising

2. bigal

The Modfather

Unfortunately both of those mods are unoriginal. A Japanese rice-paper type thing was done last year and the mod inside of a mannequin is getting so pathetic. First we had one in some Anime character, then Troyboy did his Cenobite and now Captain America. <Yawn> Can't people at least TRY to be original? Stealing ideas is what got my site shut down when I was with handsonwebhosting, that dickhead Duck from CMG stole the idea after trashing me in public and put together a craptactular Chopper PC made out of a chain and what looked like a 2 liter plastic bottle and when I got pissed off about it and told him off on my site he complained to my web host and got my site shut down. I wish people would just come up with their own ideas for a change. But in this society of Rap and Hiphop where it's common to "borrow" other people's work and get rich and famous off of it, it just seems it's too much trouble for people to think of their own stuff.

The Modfather, Feb 4, 2006
    1. Advertising

3. bigal

bigal

That's good....

....let it all out Mike. You've been holding this in way too long. What you really need is a long ride on a Harley. Why not rent one for a day? It was over 60F yesterday, and I rode my bike to work. It sure was nice riding home along George Washington Parkway, looking at the sun reflect off the water of the Potomac River. :burnout:

bigal, Feb 4, 2006
  4. bigal

The Modfather

Yeah, I can just picture it, me with this neuropathy, trying to ride a Harley... Oops! Was that 2nd gear or 4th? Oops, was that the brake or did my foot just get ground off? :)

Nah, I had to totally give up riding man, can't do it anymore, I can barely drive most of the time. I get around on my little Maxima scooter (no, not a Japanese car), like one of those old people scooters. :)

The Modfather, Feb 4, 2006
  5. bigal

bigal

Time to add more power...

...how about shoe horning in a 1400 cc Harley V-Twin? After all, you can never have too much power!:lollypop:

bigal, Feb 4, 2006
  6. bigal

XhArD

My uncle bought himself a mobility scooter, he doesn't need it but he rides it to work anyway :p He's a bit of a nutcase, he's since modified it to have more power, when you floor it it tips over backwards :p He's gonna give it a petrol conversion, it's electric at the moment. :p

XhArD, Feb 4, 2006
  7. bigal

bigal

Unleaded or Regular?

Actually, all gasoline blends out here are unleaded. How many cubic inches are we talking about? Remember, there's no replacement for displacement!:frog:

bigal, Feb 5, 2006
  8. bigal

unholy

lol, man why not put a v8 on one of those scooters and hoon!!! :)

unholy, Feb 5, 2006
  9. bigal

XhArD

I dunno, didn't get into detail about it. Only saw him for about 2 hours when I was over in NZ last year, we were just passing through that town and stopped there for a while.

XhArD, Feb 5, 2006
  10. bigal

The Modfather

Yeah but that'd make the thing totally useless for indoor riding, I use mine for all purposes, if I slapped an engine in it, I'd be screwed.

X, yeah, I could tell from those videos you posted last month that your Uncle is a real character, he'd fit in so well here, really, you should tell him to visit this site, he'd love it. :)

Al... No bike is going to make up for the lack of the ability to feel anything in my lower extremeties, but damn, that latest episode of American Chopper got me thinking, they built a trike for this parapalegic guy, sweet ride.

The Modfather, Feb 5, 2006
  11. bigal

XhArD

That's a different uncle, my whole family is full of "real characters" :p We've got Ian, owner of the Reo, Bruce, the train driver, Jack the dude with the scooter who works in a cheese factory. He used to drive steam trains too :p

XhArD, Feb 5, 2006
  12. bigal

The Modfather

Hmmm, well invite them all, the more the merrier, get a family reunion going and we'll have a contest, see which one is the most out there. :)

The Modfather, Feb 5, 2006
  13. bigal

unholy

my uncle eats cheese :p

unholy, Feb 7, 2006
  14. bigal

The Modfather

How nice for him.

The Modfather, Feb 7, 2006
  15. bigal

unholy

Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Cheese.

Omfg Cheese Poons

unholy, Feb 8, 2006
  16. bigal

The Modfather

I have been known to eat cheese on occasion, frequent occasions actually, almost daily in fact.

But unlike Unholy, I'm not much for head cheese.

The Modfather, Feb 8, 2006
    1. Advertising