    Hugo Drax Guest

    What do you think is the most overdone type subject,genre? and what do you
    think is something that is least explored?
    Hugo Drax, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Hugo Drax

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "Hugo Drax" <> wrote in message
    news:bu4egm$d78e6$-berlin.de...
    > What do you think is the most overdone type subject,genre? and what do you
    > think is something that is least explored?

    Imo:

    most overdone: sunrise, sunsets
    least explored: micro photography

    Jim Waggener, Jan 14, 2004

  3. "Hugo Drax" <> wrote in message
    > What do you think is the most overdone type subject,genre? and what do you
    > think is something that is least explored?

    Overdone? Those snotty looking heroin-youth-on-parade shots I see littering
    the pages of so many "edgy" photography mags.

    Least explored? Extraterrestrial architecture & interior design.

    :)

    Patrick.
    Lefty Leftowitz, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Hugo Drax

    Deathwalker Guest

    1.glamour/porn/female form.

    2. Toilet rolls

    Deathwalker, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Hugo Drax

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Hugo Drax" <> wrote in message
    > What do you think is the most overdone type subject,genre? and what do you
    > think is something that is least explored?

    My love life?
    PhotoMan, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Hugo Drax

    Hugo Drax Guest

    "Lefty Leftowitz" <> wrote in message

    > "Hugo Drax" <> wrote in message
    > > What do you think is the most overdone type subject,genre? and what do

    you
    > > think is something that is least explored?
    > >

    > Overdone? Those snotty looking heroin-youth-on-parade shots I see

    littering
    > the pages of so many "edgy" photography mags.
    >
    > Least explored? Extraterrestrial architecture & interior design.
    >
    > :)
    >
    > Patrick.

    I never seen those, what kind of magazine is that?

    I have see lots and lots of national park scenery pictures though ie: yellow
    stone etc...
    Hugo Drax, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Hugo Drax

    Hugo Drax Guest

    "Deathwalker" <> wrote in message
    > 1.glamour/porn/female form.
    >
    > 2. Toilet rolls

    yeah #1 I see lots, but #2???
    Hugo Drax, Jan 15, 2004
  8. Hugo Drax

    Gill Couto Guest

    Most overdone but always enlightening: sports photography
    Least explored: landfill scenics by moonlight

    gill
    http://www.gillcouto.com/

    Gill Couto, Jan 15, 2004
  9. Hugo Drax

    B.o.w.s.e.r Guest

    Most overdone: youth culture.
    Least explored: the US southwest. OK, I'm kidding.

    B.o.w.s.e.r, Jan 15, 2004
  10. Hugo Drax

    T P Guest

    "Deathwalker" <> wrote:

    >1.glamour/porn/female form.

    Absolutely!

    It is not only the most overdone, it is also mostly very badly done.

    (see current SI for some examples of the latter)
    T P, Jan 15, 2004
  11. Hugo Drax

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    "Jim Waggener" <> wrote in message

    > "Hugo Drax" <> wrote in message
    > > What do you think is the most overdone type subject,genre? and what do

    you
    > > think is something that is least explored?
    > >

    > Imo:
    >
    > most overdone: sunrise, sunsets

    With the sun in the absolute center of the picture.

    Like a freakin archery target.

    And DUCKS!!!

    Don't get me started...
    Dan Sullivan, Jan 15, 2004
  12. Hugo Drax

    Busrider Guest

    Most Overdone: I would say vacation shots of the wife and kids standing in
    front of something, to prove they were there, I guess.

    Least Explored: Demonstrably real pictures of ghosts, like that deal in
    England a month or so ago.

    My two cents...

    Ed

    Busrider, Jan 15, 2004
  13. Hugo Drax

    Freemale Guest

    "Dan Sullivan" <> wrote in message

    > "Jim Waggener" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Hugo Drax" <> wrote in message
    > > > What do you think is the most overdone type subject,genre? and what do

    > you
    > > > think is something that is least explored?
    > > >

    > > Imo:
    > >
    > > most overdone: sunrise, sunsets

    > With the sun in the absolute center of the picture.
    >
    > Like a freakin archery target.
    >
    > And DUCKS!!!
    >
    > Don't get me started...

    take that a few steps forward. Landscapes. Just the same old view done in
    the same way as it has been for a hundred or more years. Anybody fancy a
    Swan for dinner !
    Freemale, Jan 15, 2004
  14. Hugo Drax

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Hugo Drax wrote:

    > What do you think is the most overdone type subject,genre? and what do you
    > think is something that is least explored?

    Cats or flowers

    Jungle

    --
    Paul.
    to look at
    Paul Heslop, Jan 15, 2004
  15. Hugo Drax

    Paul Heslop Guest

    T P wrote:

    > "Deathwalker" <> wrote:
    >
    > >1.glamour/porn/female form.

    > Absolutely!
    >
    > It is not only the most overdone, it is also mostly very badly done.
    >
    > (see current SI for some examples of the latter)

    agreed that this can be a very tedious subject... same old same old

    Paul Heslop, Jan 15, 2004
  16. Hugo Drax

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Busrider wrote:

    > Most Overdone: I would say vacation shots of the wife and kids standing in
    > front of something, to prove they were there, I guess.
    >
    > Least Explored: Demonstrably real pictures of ghosts, like that deal in
    > England a month or so ago.
    >
    > My two cents...

    'demonstrably real'? I hadn't heard they had proof positive of ghosts over
    here... do you have a link?

    Paul Heslop, Jan 15, 2004
  17. Hugo Drax

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Heslop wrote:

    > Jungle

    Sorry, should have noted I mean online, where I view most of the pics I see
    nowadays

    Paul Heslop, Jan 15, 2004
  18. Hugo Drax

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Rick wrote:

    > > 'demonstrably real'? I hadn't heard they had proof positive of ghosts over
    > > here... do you have a link?

    > This is about the gist of what I could find, not positive but enough to keep
    > you on your toes.
    >
    > Rick
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/12/19/hampton.ghost.ap/
    >
    > ---

    Thanks Rick. Since seeing this I did a search on the bbc and they have it too

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3336299.stm

    yet it's been surprisingly absent from main news. Nice way to bump visitor
    numbers eh? :O)

    Paul Heslop, Jan 15, 2004
  19. Hugo Drax

    Jim Phelps Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > > 'demonstrably real'? I hadn't heard they had proof positive of ghosts

    over
    > > here... do you have a link?

    > This is about the gist of what I could find, not positive but enough to

    keep
    > you on your toes.
    >
    > Rick
    >
    > http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/12/19/hampton.ghost.ap/

    Oh come on. Can't any one else see it's Michael Jackson? He's hiding out
    from the Media and Police. The ghostly white face without a nose gives it
    away :~)

    Jim Phelps, Jan 15, 2004
  20. Hugo Drax

    Rick Guest