What's the future in Online Data backup??

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by gcaldwell69@hotmail.com, Apr 11, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have been dabbling in the offsite tape storage game for a few
    months...and I have been increasingly interested in the online data
    backup scenario.

    One of the questions i would like to throw at this forum is......Why
    are Web hosters NOT really promoting any data hosting solutions AS
    there is some technical viability in this?

    If a company does manage to organise an online backup procedure -
    what is the upload cost AND what suitable programs are out there that
    can really compress the data in such a way as to allow a more
    affordable transfer of data???

    AND

    What do you do about getting a snapshot of your server in the first
    place so that you can do a server rebuild in the even of a
    disaster....?....AND where do you keep a copy of this snapshot....On a
    USB on the IT managers keychain???

    Any thoughts...cheers

    Glenn

    , Apr 11, 2007