    Paul Smith Guest

    Subjects speaks alone...

    What exactly is it worth?

    Paul Smith, Jul 29, 2008

  2. Paul Smith

    John R Guest

    "Paul Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Subjects speaks alone...
    >
    > What exactly is it worth?

    At first, I was all set to send a big long schpeal, but then I realized that
    this is simply troll fodder.

    John R

    John R, Jul 29, 2008

  3. "Paul Smith" <> wrote in message

    > Subjects speaks alone...
    >
    > What exactly is it worth?

    Absolutely nothing.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    Michael D. Alligood, Jul 29, 2008
  4. Paul Smith

    Paul Smith Guest

    actually i was expecting a more meaningful answer

    Paul Smith, Jul 30, 2008
  5. Paul Smith

    JohnB Guest

    Honestly... the best way to judge it's value is to look at listed IT job
    openings where you live. Either in the newspaper or on Monster.com, etc.
    You'll notice a connection between jobs that require a MCSA or MCSE and
    those IT jobs that don't. The good ones do. And that is particularly the
    case when it comes to pay.

    JohnB, Jul 30, 2008
  6. "Paul Smith" <> wrote in message

    > actually i was expecting a more meaningful answer

    > > "Paul Smith" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > >> Subjects speaks alone...
    > >>
    > >> What exactly is it worth?
    > >>

    > > Absolutely nothing.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    > > The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    I was expecting a well thought out question - so we will call it even.
    Are you referring to monetary value; as in how much it costs to achieve
    this certification? Are you referring to pay grades; as in what is the
    average salary of an MCSA? Are you referring to worth as in technical
    value? Your subject does not speak alone and your question requires
    revising.

    Michael D. Alligood, Jul 30, 2008
  7. Paul Smith

    Paul Smith Guest

    OK rephrase...

    What about salary and the life expectancy of the certification in the IT
    market, that is? Is it enough or one has to go for MCSE to be considered an
    expert in the area.

    Paul Smith, Jul 30, 2008
  8. Paul Smith

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Paul Smith" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > OK rephrase...
    >
    > What about salary and the life expectancy of the certification in the
    > IT market, that is? Is it enough or one has to go for MCSE to be
    > considered an expert in the area.

    What do you want to do? That is a better question when determining between
    MCSA and MCSE. Are you working on the bleeding edge? If so, you might
    skip both and go to the new class of certs from MS. It will all depend on
    your experience, what you are doing now, what you want to do, what you will
    be doing, what you company wants, what the company you want to work for
    wants . . . you get the idea (I hope). Do your own analysis based on the
    objectives and your personal situation.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Jul 30, 2008
  9. Paul Smith

    Andrew Du Guest

    Indeed yes, John B is right.

    Many of the good contract jobs require MCSA or MCSE.

    It may just be a way of paring down the shortlist, but hey, you want that
    interview, don't you?

    Also ref the new Certs (MCITP etc), most agencies don' t seem to have
    noticed their existence yet. MCSE is still the gold standard in the market.

    I would do MCSE and then upgrade to MCITP. Only needs three additional exams
    and then you've got the bases covered.
    --
    No sig is a good sig

    Andrew Du, Sep 29, 2008
  10. Paul Smith

    PAJ Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 05:33:00 -0700, Andrew Du
    <> wrote:

    >Indeed yes, John B is right.

    Can you please help me.
    My computer will not boot.
    It is fixed now but it was not working two months ago.
    Any ideas?

    PAJ, Sep 29, 2008