    specific..."Supports 500MHz to 1GHz and faster".

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Enkidu

    Enkidu Guest

    Thanks for that. I did try but the drop down won't let me go to that
    board. Guess I could have munged the URL...

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Enkidu

    Enkidu Guest

    Do they make *any* of the 7 series now?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 11, 2003
  4. They sure do, GA-7 series means AMD mobo, GA-8 Intel, the rest of the number
    can denote chipset, power supply tpye (if EATX) etc....
    GA-6's are their PIII boards i think, cant remember :p

    Matt

    _

    Matthew Strickland, Jul 11, 2003
  5. Enkidu

    Enkidu Guest

    Ah, didn't know that.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jul 11, 2003
  6. Enkidu

    Enkidu Guest

    Interesting! It says that the FSB is 200MHz, but my manual (and the
    website say that the FSB can be set from 100MHz to 133MHz. ?? Is there
    a x2 in the circuit somewhere?

    Enkidu, Jul 12, 2003
  7. Enkidu

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > Interesting! It says that the FSB is 200MHz, but my manual (and the
    > website say that the FSB can be set from 100MHz to 133MHz. ?? Is there
    > a x2 in the circuit somewhere?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    It's marketing hype Cliff. It is what they call "double pumped" FSB, the RAM
    is capable of taking instuctions on both the rising and falling cycles so
    they call it 200Mhz. It's still only 100 or 133.
    --
    ~misfit~

    > On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:58:25 +1200, "Matthew Strickland"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/CPUSupportList/CPUSupportList_

    GA-7ZM.htm

    > >Might have to unbend URL
    > >
    > >Duron 1.3 or Athlon 1.4 by gigabyte
    > >
    > >Matt
    > >
    > >"Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > >> ....that will run in a GA-7ZM MB? The manual is not too
    > >> specific..."Supports 500MHz to 1GHz and faster".
    > >>
    > >> Cheers,
    > >>
    > >> Cliff
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Signed and sealed with Great Seal of the Executive
    > >> Council of the Internet, by The Master of The Net.

    > --
    >
    > Signed and sealed with Great Seal of the Executive
    > Council of the Internet, by The Master of The Net.

    ---

    ~misfit~, Jul 13, 2003