    I shut down most of the apps on my new comp. to open up memory, but
    there is a tab named processes also. Can I and should I close these
    permanently to make programs run faster?

    CGott, Nov 1, 2004

  2. CGott

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    "CGott" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I shut down most of the apps on my new comp. to open up memory, but
    > there is a tab named processes also. Can I and should I close these
    > permanently to make programs run faster?

    No not recommended, the majority are necessary processes working to keep
    Windows running smoothly, if your that strapped for memory then consider
    purchasing more memory.

    Matt Pascoe, Nov 1, 2004

  3. CGott

    Kenny Guest

    If by processes you mean services look here, it gives a guide of sorts of
    what they are and what you can safely disable.
    http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/winxp.htm

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Nov 1, 2004