    What's the biggest size SD card you can get these days?

    Thanks

    , Feb 13, 2006

  2. John Doe Guest

    wrote:

    > What's the biggest size SD card you can get these days?
    >
    > Thanks

    20 x 21.1 x 1.4 mm

    John Doe, Feb 13, 2006

  3. m II Guest

    John Doe wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> What's the biggest size SD card you can get these days?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > 20 x 21.1 x 1.4 mm

    ...yes..any bigger and they wouldn't fit into the camera...

    mike

    m II, Feb 13, 2006
  4. wrote:
    : What's the biggest size SD card you can get these days?

    : Thanks

    And now for the helpful answer. The current maximum capacity of widely
    available SD memory cards is 2meg. But with the current price reductions
    and rebates on the price of 512 and 1g cards that are being offered, I
    suspect that the next jump in "max capacity" may be coming soon.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Feb 13, 2006
  5. Bruce Graham Guest

    In article <UbUHf.4833$Be4.4603@clgrps13>, says...
    > John Doe wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> What's the biggest size SD card you can get these days?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks
    > >>

    > > 20 x 21.1 x 1.4 mm

    > ..yes..any bigger and they wouldn't fit into the camera...

    don't forget that the Fat32 slot is twice as wide as the Fat16 type slot.

    Bruce Graham, Feb 13, 2006
  6. nellybly Guest

    In article <dsp6pc$i17$>, Randy Berbaum
    <> wrote:

    > 2meg

    2 gig, surely.
    hth,
    NB

    nellybly, Feb 13, 2006
  7. nellybly <> wrote:
    : In article <dsp6pc$i17$>, Randy Berbaum
    : <> wrote:

    : > 2meg

    : 2 gig, surely.

    You're right. I missed that slip when I mis typed it. Sorry.

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Feb 13, 2006
  8. RobG Guest

    John Doe <> wrote

    > 20 x 21.1 x 1.4 mm

    Dang, you beat me to the punch.

    RobG

    RobG, Feb 13, 2006
  9. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > What's the biggest size SD card you can get these days?
    >
    > Thanks

    I'm not sure what others here are referring to, since I've been using a
    **4GB 133x SD card** since November, 2005. I paid $269 for it, which is
    fairly cheap for such a fast, high capacity card.
    Works a charm and holds a ton.

    -Mark

    Mark², Feb 13, 2006
  10. "Mark?" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    : wrote:
    : > What's the biggest size SD card you can get these days?

    : I'm not sure what others here are referring to, since I've been using a
    : **4GB 133x SD card** since November, 2005. I paid $269 for it, which is
    : fairly cheap for such a fast, high capacity card.
    : Works a charm and holds a ton.

    Not to disbelieve you, but I have never seen a 4g SD card offered for
    sale. I do see a 2g SD 133x card being offered for ~$250. Where did you
    find such a 4g card?

    Randy

    ==========
    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Feb 16, 2006
  11. John C. Guest

    "Randy Berbaum" <> wrote in message
    > "Mark?" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    > : wrote:
    > : > What's the biggest size SD card you can get these days?
    >
    > : I'm not sure what others here are referring to, since I've been using a
    > : **4GB 133x SD card** since November, 2005. I paid $269 for it, which is
    > : fairly cheap for such a fast, high capacity card.
    > : Works a charm and holds a ton.
    >
    > Not to disbelieve you, but I have never seen a 4g SD card offered for
    > sale. I do see a 2g SD 133x card being offered for ~$250. Where did you
    > find such a 4g card?

    Transcend / Toshiba markets a 4GB SD card. I just recieved one as a gift. I
    don't know where, or for how much, but they're out there.
    --
    John C.

    John C., Feb 16, 2006
  12. Mark² Guest

    Randy Berbaum wrote:
    > "Mark?" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> What's the biggest size SD card you can get these days?

    >> I'm not sure what others here are referring to, since I've been
    >> using a **4GB 133x SD card** since November, 2005. I paid $269 for
    >> it, which is fairly cheap for such a fast, high capacity card.
    >> Works a charm and holds a ton.

    > Not to disbelieve you, but I have never seen a 4g SD card offered for
    > sale. I do see a 2g SD 133x card being offered for ~$250. Where did
    > you find such a 4g card?
    >
    > Randy

    Made by Pretec, and bought at Fry's Electronics.
    Right now it's being used in my I-paq.
    Works a charm.

    Mark², Feb 16, 2006
  13. Rich Guest

    4GB is available now...but 8GB has already been unvailed & should be
    available commercially very soon.

    Rich, Feb 17, 2006
  14. Ron Hunter Guest

    Randy Berbaum wrote:
    > wrote:
    > : What's the biggest size SD card you can get these days?
    >
    > : Thanks
    >
    > And now for the helpful answer. The current maximum capacity of widely
    > available SD memory cards is 2meg. But with the current price reductions
    > and rebates on the price of 512 and 1g cards that are being offered, I
    > suspect that the next jump in "max capacity" may be coming soon.
    >
    > Randy

    > Randy Berbaum
    > Champaign, IL

    I have seen ads in magazines for capacities up to 8GB. BTW a 2meg card
    wouldn't be of much use. Grin.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 17, 2006