  1. When I did my NT 4 MCSE Sybex ruled, is that still the case?

    TIA,

    Clayton

    Clayton Sutton, Feb 5, 2008

  2. "Clayton Sutton" <> wrote in message
    news:5U%pj.89382$:

    > When I did my NT 4 MCSE Sybex ruled, is that still the case?
    >
    > TIA,
    >

    > Clayton

    Which probably explains the surge of NT 4.0 paper certification back in
    the day.

    No. Besides books suck. All that reading and such. Here's an idea, and
    I'm just spit-balling mind you, but sit down in front of a Windows 2003
    server and learn it. However if you dead set on books, go with MS Press.

    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 5, 2008

  3. Thanks Michael,

    But I'm not a paper MCSE (NT 4). I've been in the IT field for almost 20
    years now. Just wanted to updated my cert(s) and wanted to know which
    publishers do a better job.

    Clayton

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Clayton Sutton, Feb 5, 2008
  4. Sybex still writes decent books, though I'm partial to MS Press and
    Syngress.

    --
    ..rev

    www.askthemct.com
    ..

    .rev [askthemct.com], Feb 5, 2008
  5. Technet and Microsoft Press.

    MG

    Mostly Gizzards, Feb 5, 2008
  6. "Clayton Sutton" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks Michael,
    >
    > But I'm not a paper MCSE (NT 4). I've been in the IT field for almost 20
    > years now. Just wanted to updated my cert(s) and wanted to know which
    > publishers do a better job.
    >
    > Clayton
    >

    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    > > "Clayton Sutton" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> When I did my NT 4 MCSE Sybex ruled, is that still the case?
    > >>
    > >> TIA,
    > >>

    > >> Clayton

    > > Which probably explains the surge of NT 4.0 paper certification back in
    > > the day.
    > >
    > > No. Besides books suck. All that reading and such. Here's an idea, and I'm
    > > just spit-balling mind you, but sit down in front of a Windows 2003 server
    > > and learn it. However if you dead set on books, go with MS Press.
    > > --
    > > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    > > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
    > > Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -
    > > microsoft.public.certification.exam.security

    Then in that case, continue on my good sir! Take MG advice in the
    thread. TechNet is free btw. http://www.microsoft.com/technet. Sweet.
    Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 5, 2008
  7. Clayton Sutton

    catwalker63 Guest

    ".rev [askthemct.com]" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > Sybex still writes decent books, though I'm partial to MS Press and
    > Syngress.

    You're partial to anything with Microsoft in the name. <eg>

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Feb 5, 2008