    And do you like the "For Dummies" one? I haven't liked that whole
    series so much.

    , May 8, 2006

  2. On Tue, 9 May 2006 20:53:31 +1200, "Milan"
    <> wrote:

    >> And do you like the "For Dummies" one? I haven't liked that whole
    >> series so much.

    >My 5c:
    >
    >Dummies series is good for a leisurely read. Like when you just want to
    >ease into a subject. Maybe a summer holiday read? (For geeks, I guess)
    >
    >But if you are determined to get answers quickly, then the Dummies series is
    >really frustrating. The authors try to be funny and beat around the bush.

    Completely true across the board?...there are hundreds of those books,
    most by different authors.

    One other observation...Mike Meyers is funny in his books also
    (although you couldn't accuse him of beating around the bush). Humour
    is not a bad thing, necessarily.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, May 9, 2006