    3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

    Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there
    could only be one passenger in your car?

    Meat Plow, Nov 12, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    Mike Easter Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night,
    > when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the
    > bus:
    >
    > 1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    >

    > 2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    >

    > 3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
    >
    > Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there
    > could only be one passenger in your car?

    How about if you stop and join the group so that you can sort things
    out. It might turn out to be best to let your old friend who is somewhat
    of a samaritan help the old lady who looks so bad/ill onto the bus so
    that he can further help her off the bus or to the hospital or such.

    Then, there you would be with the only one left who would probably be
    happy to catch a ride with such a gentleman and a leader who can assess
    a problem situation and develop a rational strategy for dealing with
    several seemingly conflicting goals.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 12, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    LSMFT Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night,
    > when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the
    > bus:
    >
    > 1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    >

    > 2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    >

    > 3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
    >
    > Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there
    > could only be one passenger in your car?

    I would drive by without stopping. One doesn't matter, two and three are
    too unlikely to worry about.

    --
    LSMFT

    LSMFT, Nov 12, 2010
  4. Meat Plow

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 21:47:37 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night,
    >> when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the
    >> bus:
    >>
    >> 1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    >>

    >> 2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    >>

    >> 3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
    >>
    >> Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there
    >> could only be one passenger in your car?
    >>

    > I'd stop by the bus stop, give my car keys to my old friend and ask him
    > to drive the old lady to the nearest hospital. I'd then wait patiently
    > for the next bus whilst chatting up my perfect partner. :)

    *Best Answer Award* right or wrong. <g>
    --
    11/12/2010 4:10:22 PM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo38, Nov 12, 2010
  5. Meat Plow

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:28:24 -0600, philo wrote:

    > On 11/12/2010 04:10 PM, Old Gringo38 wrote:

    >>> I'd stop by the bus stop, give my car keys to my old friend and ask him
    >>> to drive the old lady to the nearest hospital. I'd then wait patiently
    >>> for the next bus whilst chatting up my perfect partner. :)

    >> *Best Answer Award* right or wrong.<g>

    > Yes
    >
    > a very good answer

    Good logic.
    --
    11/12/2010 4:30:53 PM CST
    Old Gringo38, Nov 12, 2010
  6. Meat Plow <> riddled this:

    > You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night,
    > when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the
    > bus:
    >
    > 1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    >

    > 2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    >

    > 3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
    >
    > Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there
    > could only be one passenger in your car?

    You shoot the dog; eat the babies; thank the old friend;
    say good-bye to the old lady and tell her she really doesn't
    look her age; seduce the pretty girl with big boobies; and
    after she falls asleep take all her credit cards to pay for
    the remainder of your vacation whilst you search for the
    next perfect partner that you're dreaming about now.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 13, 2010
  7. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:28:24 -0600, philo wrote:

    > On 11/12/2010 04:10 PM, Old Gringo38 wrote:

    >>> I'd stop by the bus stop, give my car keys to my old friend and ask
    >>> him to drive the old lady to the nearest hospital. I'd then wait
    >>> patiently for the next bus whilst chatting up my perfect partner. :)

    >> *Best Answer Award* right or wrong.<g>

    > Yes
    >
    > a very good answer

    It's a question of good ethics or morality.

    Meat Plow, Nov 13, 2010
  8. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    Re: What's the answer? --- The REAL answer

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 20:53:28 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when
    > you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:
    >
    > 1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    >

    > 2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    >

    > 3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
    >
    > Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could
    > only be one passenger in your car?

    And now for the real answer:

    Run the old lady over and put her out of her misery because Obama's
    health care won't pay for her hospital visit anyway, have sex with the
    perfect partner on the hood of the car, then drive off with the old
    friend for a few beers.

    Meat Plow, Nov 13, 2010
  9. Meat Plow

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:54:46 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 20:53:28 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when
    >> you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:
    >>
    >> 1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    >>
    >> 2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    >>
    >> 3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
    >>
    >> Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could
    >> only be one passenger in your car?

    > And now for the real answer:
    >
    > Run the old lady over and put her out of her misery because Obama's
    > health care won't pay for her hospital visit anyway, have sex with the
    > perfect partner on the hood of the car, then drive off with the old
    > friend for a few beers.

    LMAO Should have figured. <g>
    --
    11/13/2010 9:58:10 AM CST
    Old Gringo38, Nov 13, 2010
  10. Meat Plow

    nut Guest

    On 12/11/2010 20:53, Meat Plow wrote:
    > You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night,
    > when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the
    > bus:
    >
    > 1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    >

    > 2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    >

    > 3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
    >
    > Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there
    > could only be one passenger in your car?

    The crumpet, obviously.
    nut, Nov 18, 2010
  11. Meat Plow

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-11-18, nut <> wrote:
    > On 12/11/2010 20:53, Meat Plow wrote:
    >> You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night,
    >> when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the
    >> bus:
    >>
    >> 1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
    >>

    >> 2. An old friend who once saved your life.
    >>

    >> 3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.
    >>
    >> Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there
    >> could only be one passenger in your car?

    > The crumpet, obviously.

    Sadly, in this day and age, how many people would get into a private car
    alone with a driver they don't know - and how many drivers would risk
    picking up a stranger?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 18, 2010
  12. Meat Plow

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-11-18, ~BD~ <~BD~@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:

    >>> The crumpet, obviously.

    >> Sadly, in this day and age, how many people would get into a private car
    >> alone with a driver they don't know - and how many drivers would risk
    >> picking up a stranger?
    >>

    > Are you of an age where you can remember folk getting from A to B by
    > hitch-hiking? ;-)

    Done it myself, both as hitcher and driver.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 18, 2010
  13. Meat Plow

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-11-19, ~BD~ <~BD~@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:

    >>> Are you of an age where you can remember folk getting from A to B by
    >>> hitch-hiking? ;-)

    >> Done it myself, both as hitcher and driver.
    >>

    > You and me both! :)
    >
    > I don't do either thing nowadays though. Times have changed!

    Sad. I blame Hollywood and the gummint scaremongering.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 19, 2010
  14. Meat Plow

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-11-19, §nühw¤£f <> wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:

    [...]

    >>> You and me both! :)
    >>>
    >>> I don't do either thing nowadays though. Times have changed!

    >> Sad. I blame Hollywood and the gummint scaremongering.
    >>

    > Buisness always attacks "free things". Why do you think they went after
    > Craigslist? ZOMG! A FREE SITE where you can poast things for sale!!!
    > OH NOES! ITS TEH COMMYOUNIZIMS!
    > By giving people a ride, you ostensibly take away that persons
    > "incentive" to buy and operate a car...well...thats how buisness looks
    > at it.
    > Capitalism is a predatory system.

    A good number of the hitch-hikers were motor-trade delivery drivers (often
    identifiable by the distinctive red-and-black detachable 'trade plates'
    they carried) trying to get home after delivering a new car to its buyer;
    and quite a few of the others were motorists whose new pride and joy (or
    ancient relic - there wasn't much other than new or ancient) had conked
    out somewhere inconvenient.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 19, 2010
  15. Meat Plow

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:18:52 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

    > Whiskers wrote:

    >> On 2010-11-18, ~BD~<~BD~@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

    >>> Are you of an age where you can remember folk getting from A to B by
    >>> hitch-hiking? ;-)

    >> Done it myself, both as hitcher and driver.
    >>

    > You and me both!
    >
    > I don't do either thing nowadays though. Times have changed!

    I used to hitch-hike everywhere- all over England. Once, in the late
    Summer of '79, it took me two whole weeks to get from Portsmouth to
    Runcorn.

    Via Risley detention centre and HMP Walton. But *that's* a whole 'nother
    story.

    BTW I had committed no crime.

    no hace mucho tiempo que vivía un hidalgo de los de lanza en
    astillero, adarga antigua, rocín flaco y galgo corredor."
    -Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'
    Aardvark, Nov 20, 2010
  16. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:17:43 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:18:52 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:
    >
    >> Whiskers wrote:

    >>> Done it myself, both as hitcher and driver.
    >>>

    >> You and me both!
    >>
    >> I don't do either thing nowadays though. Times have changed!

    > I used to hitch-hike everywhere- all over England. Once, in the late
    > Summer of '79, it took me two whole weeks to get from Portsmouth to
    > Runcorn.
    >
    > Via Risley detention centre and HMP Walton. But *that's* a whole 'nother
    > story.
    >
    > BTW I had committed no crime.

    I hitchhiked home from school back in the 70's. Had to stay after the
    buses left for track and football practice. Got my operator's license at
    17 and road my street legal Yamaha 250 Enduro everywhere. Them was the
    days...............

    Meat Plow, Nov 20, 2010
  17. Meat Plow

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-11-20, Aardvark <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:18:52 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:
    >
    >> Whiskers wrote:

    >>> Done it myself, both as hitcher and driver.
    >>>

    >> You and me both!
    >>
    >> I don't do either thing nowadays though. Times have changed!

    > I used to hitch-hike everywhere- all over England. Once, in the late
    > Summer of '79, it took me two whole weeks to get from Portsmouth to
    > Runcorn.
    >
    > Via Risley detention centre and HMP Walton. But *that's* a whole 'nother
    > story.
    >
    > BTW I had committed no crime.

    That's what they all say ;))

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Nov 20, 2010
  18. Meat Plow

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 22:35:38 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

    > Whiskers wrote:

    >>> I used to hitch-hike everywhere- all over England. Once, in the late
    >>> Summer of '79, it took me two whole weeks to get from Portsmouth to
    >>> Runcorn.
    >>>
    >>> Via Risley detention centre and HMP Walton. But *that's* a whole
    >>> 'nother story.
    >>>
    >>> BTW I had committed no crime.

    >> That's what they all say ;))
    >>

    > Aardy should start a thread about that experience on SE

    It wasn't amusing then, but every time I think about it now, I have a
    quiet chuckle.

    > - I'll bet he's
    > had the life of Riley if the truth be known! ;-)

    I'm still alive. What more could I want?

    > D.

    A.

    Aardvark, Nov 20, 2010
  19. Meat Plow

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 23:05:56 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

    > Some may not know (Aardvark *will* know, of course!)
    > http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ont1.htm

    No doubt about it.

    At least we're not at loggerheads, eh?

    Aardvark, Nov 20, 2010