    cost of it?

    John
    , Oct 14, 2003

  2. No. Get and use the exact software for the exams you are taking.

    So Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003.

    It is worth knowing how SBS is configured and works but there subtle
    differences between SBS and the full versions.

    You can get eval versions from Microsoft.

    Brendon Rogers, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Sir Kozz Guest

    For $300.00 a year you can sign up with ms and get almost all of the sw,
    this includes 2k server, 03 server, sbs server, sql sever, exchange, office,
    plus all the betas.

    Its really a great deal, the only stipulation is that you can't sell it.

    Thanx, Chris.

    p.s. It ends up being worth about 15k in sw for paying absolutely nothing.

    Sir Kozz, Oct 15, 2003
  4. William Wang Guest

    testing

    <> ÔÚà]¼þ news: ÖÐ׫Œ‘...

    William Wang, Oct 15, 2003
  5. Guest

    >No. Get and use the exact software for the exams you are taking.
    >
    >So Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003.
    >
    >It is worth knowing how SBS is configured and works but there subtle
    >differences between SBS and the full versions.

    Wow

    I didn't know that! I assumed Small Business Server
    was the exact same thing as Win 2003 server and
    Exchange 2003..... just at a discount since it was
    packaged together.

    So are you saying ther are technical differences
    between SBS and full blown Win 2003 server and Exchange
    2003 server?

    John
    , Oct 15, 2003
  6. Guest

    >For $300.00 a year you can sign up with ms and get almost all of the sw,
    >this includes 2k server, 03 server, sbs server, sql sever, exchange, office,
    >plus all the betas.

    Wow!

    Is this for real above? Why is MS allowing all this so
    cheap?

    I already have the beta kit from MS for Win 2003 server
    and Exchange 203 and all that. It only cost me $20.....
    but the software expires after Nov 31 next month

    Are you saying that I can sign up for the deal you
    mention above....and get "functional" and useable
    version of all this software for $300/yr?

    John
    , Oct 15, 2003
  7. Guest

    >p.s. It ends up being worth about 15k in sw for paying absolutely nothing.

    Not sure what you mean.

    Can you explain?

    John
    , Oct 15, 2003
  8. MikeF Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > > >It is worth knowing how SBS is configured and works but there

    subtle
    > >differences between SBS and the full versions.

    > Wow
    >
    > I didn't know that! I assumed Small Business Server
    > was the exact same thing as Win 2003 server and
    > Exchange 2003..... just at a discount since it was
    > packaged together.
    >
    > So are you saying ther are technical differences
    > between SBS and full blown Win 2003 server and Exchange
    > 2003 server?
    >
    > John

    It depends on what the meaning of "are" is. Sorry. Yes there are.
    Some not to subtle.
    Get the full software. Free Evals are good for 180 days. If you're
    going to buy the MS study kits (bookpool.com is cheapest) you'll get
    evals with the books.
    Mike
    MikeF, Oct 15, 2003
  9. VMWare. If you don't have lots of actual hardware at home, at have at least moderately-powerful PC (1Ghz+ processor, 512Mb+ RAM), you can setup a whole virtual network just on a single physical PC! I think using evaluation versions of the software is fine, all you need then is to get vmware, www.vmware.com.

    --
    Dmitry Korolyov []
    MVP: Windows Server - Active Directory

    Dmitry Korolyov [MVP], Oct 15, 2003
  10. Guest

    > If you're
    >going to buy the MS study kits (bookpool.com is cheapest) you'll get
    >evals with the books.

    And they are good for 6 months?

    But what if I want to run all these apps
    permanently.... even tho at home?

    John
    , Oct 15, 2003
  11. Guest

    >VMWare. If you don't have lots of actual hardware at home, at have at least moderately-powerful PC (1Ghz+ processor, 512Mb+ RAM), you can setup a whole virtual network just on a single physical PC! I think using evaluation versions of the software is fine, all you need then is to get vmware, www.vmware.com.

    Well actually I do need to by another PC.... as my
    nephew likes to come over and use my cable
    connection.... and usually when *I* want to set down
    and do something on the PC or Net. Hahaha

    So....Im definitely gonna buy another PC for home use.

    John
    , Oct 15, 2003
  12. Guest Guest

    i think he, or she, talked about Action Pack.

    3 months ago M$ had a promotion. I paid $100 for Action Pack STD.

    Guest, Oct 15, 2003
  13. Brian Guest

    <> wrote
    > But what if I want to run all these apps
    > permanently.... even tho at home?

    Then you'll have to pay for the software you are using. Or set yourself up
    as a reseller as the posts above are talking about.
    Brian, Oct 15, 2003
  14. Sir Kozz Guest

    Basically your setting yourself up as a reseller, full version sw delivered
    every month to your door, for $300/yr, please note that for server products
    you only get 1 license were as for office and winxp you get 10, not a bad
    deal. Every month the new service packs on cd, the new betas etc.. There is
    even a $3000 partner package that includes stuff like visual studio and fox
    pro, I'm not a sw developer, just an old tyme computer guy so I pass it up.
    The program is set up to help small business sell and support ms without
    having to shell out mucho bucks, you never have to sell anything although
    they give you sales training cds too.

    Thanx Chris
    btw I work a 40hr/wk job for a fortune 50 company in field service, own my
    own company and also do consulting work on the side, and this is the BEST
    deal ms has, haven't bought any ms sw since 98. I can't say gates is nice
    guy but this is his way of helping those that help themselves.

    Sir Kozz, Oct 16, 2003
  15. Guest

    >btw I work a 40hr/wk job for a fortune 50 company in field service, own my
    >own company and also do consulting work on the side, and this is the BEST
    >deal ms has, haven't bought any ms sw since 98. I can't say gates is nice
    >guy but this is his way of helping those that help themselves.

    Wow thanks Chris

    I will definitely look into this Action Pack thing

    I guess it still does exist, right?

    I can still get this deal?

    John
    , Oct 16, 2003
  16. Greg Guest

    URL would be nice please..

    Greg

    Greg, Oct 16, 2003
  17. Hmmm. more mcse's who can't find stuff on the internet.

    http://members.microsoft.com/partner/salesmarketing/partnermarket/actionpack/default.aspx

    Brendon Rogers, Oct 16, 2003
  18. Greg Guest

    I never stated I was an MCSE yet... :UP