    seems like a very good, simple program, but what's "lens selection" for?

    I've tried various settings and it doesn't seem to make any difference in
    the picture and the documentation on this issue really sucks.

    Dane Brickman, Aug 2, 2003

  2. Dane Brickman

    Ian Stirling Guest

    Dane Brickman <> wrote:
    > I've been playing around with "panavue I.A." the past couple of days, and it
    > seems like a very good, simple program, but what's "lens selection" for?
    >
    > I've tried various settings and it doesn't seem to make any difference in
    > the picture and the documentation on this issue really sucks.

    I have not used the program in question.
    However, when you go to join up multiple images into one, you have
    to work out which areas of the picture came from which areas of the
    scene, then work out how the original scene looked.

    Just trying to line up the edges generally won't work very well, as
    the distortions can be quite large, especially with wide angle lenses.

    The lens selection probably lets you pick from various lenses to get
    the best results.

    --
    http://inquisitor.i.am/ | mailto: | Ian Stirling.
    Two fish in a tank: one says to the other, "you know how to drive this thing??"

    Ian Stirling, Aug 3, 2003