    Or.. should I spell the entire thing out?

    Sue Smith
    Microsoft Certified Professional

    Presto, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Presto

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Presto" <> say in
    news::

    > I would like to sign my name like : Sue Smith, MCP
    > or,,,, should I put the letters on the next line :
    > Sue Smith
    > MCP

    I would still go with intials under my name. and don't go overboard when
    you get a bunch (I have 8 MS designations alone) use one, maybe 2 and pick
    the top one.

    my $0.01

    --
    Neil
    MCSE, MCT

    Neil, Oct 15, 2005

  3. Presto

    Briscobar Guest

    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:

    > my $0.01

    Exchange rate got you down, Neil?

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com will kill you! No, not! Only kidding!

    Briscobar, Oct 17, 2005
  4. Presto

    Briscobar Guest

    Presto <> rambled:

    > Hey everyone.
    > I just passed the 70-270 test... the start of a long path to MCSA...
    >
    > I just wanted to know if it is appropriate to use the three letter
    > designation after your name when in the corporate scene.
    > I am currently working in a lower level position and am working my
    > way up and want to actively show my achievements. (Sometimes the only
    > way they take notice of these things is to keep it in plain view..)
    >
    > I would like to sign my name like : Sue Smith, MCP
    > or,,,, should I put the letters on the next line :
    > Sue Smith
    > MCP
    >
    > Or.. should I spell the entire thing out?
    >
    > Sue Smith
    > Microsoft Certified Professional

    It's all personal preference. My newsgroup persona aside, I'm actually
    rather humble, and although my certs aren't extensive (I quit on the MCSE
    halfway through), I don't even bother to list them in any correspondence I
    have, other than my resume. Frankly, I feel it's rather pretentious, but to
    each his (or her) own. However, what seems to be the most common is what
    Neil suggested. Don't use all your certs, but rather the most important one
    and maybe one or two others.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26, A+, Network +, MCP, MCP, MCP, MCP, Hammerman Crystal Expert,
    Brainbench Cert Stud, etc, etc, ad infinitum, homo erectus.
    Visiting www.mcngp.com will make you smarter. And sexier.

    Briscobar, Oct 17, 2005
  5. Presto

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Briscobar spewed across the ether:

    > It's all personal preference. My newsgroup persona aside, I'm actually
    > rather humble, and although my certs aren't extensive (I quit on the
    > MCSE halfway through), I don't even bother to list them in any
    > correspondence I have, other than my resume. Frankly, I feel it's
    > rather pretentious, but to each his (or her) own. However, what seems
    > to be the most common is what Neil suggested. Don't use all your
    > certs, but rather the most important one and maybe one or two others.

    Recent studies by the non-partisan Group for Useless Information have shown
    that it's all about ostentation. One cannot have too many letters after
    one's name. HR droids can't read, but they can add. If I have 22 letters
    after my name I'll get a better job than a guy with only 19!

    --
    JaR
    MCP, MCSA, A+, Net+, MCNGP, Sgt.11D30,USA(Ret), BA, BS, 98 Buick, CSA,

    JaR, Oct 17, 2005
  6. Presto

    Briscobar Guest

    JaR <> rambled:

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
    >
    >> It's all personal preference. My newsgroup persona aside, I'm
    >> actually rather humble, and although my certs aren't extensive (I
    >> quit on the MCSE halfway through), I don't even bother to list them
    >> in any correspondence I have, other than my resume. Frankly, I feel
    >> it's rather pretentious, but to each his (or her) own. However, what
    >> seems to be the most common is what Neil suggested. Don't use all
    >> your certs, but rather the most important one and maybe one or two
    >> others.

    > Recent studies by the non-partisan Group for Useless Information have
    > shown that it's all about ostentation. One cannot have too many
    > letters after one's name. HR droids can't read, but they can add. If
    > I have 22 letters after my name I'll get a better job than a guy with
    > only 19!

    Ret. Roflcopter Pilot, 42nd Batallion, UFIA

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com nailed the Olsen twins before they were famous.

    Briscobar, Oct 17, 2005
  7. Presto

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Briscobar spewed across the ether:

    > Ret. Roflcopter Pilot, 42nd Batallion, UFIA

    Ah, the good ol' 42nd. Those were the days...

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Oct 17, 2005
  8. Presto

    Presto Guest

    **blushing**

    I'm a 41yr old who got Laid Off by a company that Sucks!
    I decided that the love of my life has a 19 Inch screen and a processor
    that Screams when I press it's Buttons..... I decided to "Get My Tech" on...
    (.... as my little girl would say....) and work on getting my Certs.

    Some people still think I'm HOT.... or at least kinda warm'ish..... :)
    A guy named Warloque thinks I'm the "Trippin'est Bitch he'd ever got
    his tech on with...." <3 Yep, that's word for word ....
    I would have married him :) but Mr. Boring with a PHD in Anti-Humorism
    got me first. If he only signed his love notes with his credentials, I could
    have avoided years of diaper changing and spent that time blowing the
    heads of nerds on HalfLife. :)

    Presto, Oct 18, 2005
  9. Presto

    LnkWizard Guest

    "Presto" <> wrote in message
    > **blushing**
    >
    > I'm a 41yr old who got Laid Off by a company that Sucks!
    > I decided that the love of my life has a 19 Inch screen and a processor
    > that Screams when I press it's Buttons..... I decided to "Get My Tech"

    on...
    > (.... as my little girl would say....) and work on getting my Certs.
    >
    > Some people still think I'm HOT.... or at least kinda warm'ish..... :)
    > A guy named Warloque thinks I'm the "Trippin'est Bitch he'd ever got
    > his tech on with...." <3 Yep, that's word for word ....
    > I would have married him :) but Mr. Boring with a PHD in Anti-Humorism
    > got me first. If he only signed his love notes with his credentials, I

    could
    > have avoided years of diaper changing and spent that time blowing the
    > heads of nerds on HalfLife. :)

    pic's????????????????

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Oct 18, 2005
  10. Presto

    Presto Guest

    **No way** do I want to become the Poster Geek for any of you
    sexually repressed Tech Support boys. I respect my face too much.

    I'd rather become your Boss and whip you around, maybe chain you
    to your desk, and make you type code until you pass out. :)

    I am hot, so I don't mind the question.
    I'm smart too, which I know you'll never be able to handle. ;)

    Presto, Oct 19, 2005
  11. Presto

    MitchS Guest

    "Bob Christian" <> wrote in message
    > IFYPFY
    >
    > I am sure you meant blowing the heads off nerds on Halflife.

    Sure Bob, ruin it for nerds everywhere.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone."

    MitchS, Oct 19, 2005
  12. Presto

    LnkWizard Guest

    Answers in-line

    "Presto" <> wrote in message
    > **No way** do I want to become the Poster Geek for any of you
    > sexually repressed Tech Support boys. I respect my face too much.

    You assumed we wanted perverted pics. You were right, but some of us
    aren't even that normal, right JaR?.

    > I'd rather become your Boss and whip you around, maybe chain you
    > to your desk, and make you type code until you pass out. :)

    And this would be different from my current job??

    > I am hot, so I don't mind the question.
    > I'm smart too, which I know you'll never be able to handle. ;)

    You need to talk to Brat, Kat, and Catwalker about that.

    Please stick around, it is nice to see intelligent and fun posts on here.
    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Oct 19, 2005
  13. Presto

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, LnkWizard spewed across the ether:

    >> **No way** do I want to become the Poster Geek for any of you
    >> sexually repressed Tech Support boys. I respect my face too much.

    > You assumed we wanted perverted pics. You were right, but some of us
    > aren't even that normal, right JaR?.

    Perverted is using a feather. We were more thinkin' the whole chicken!

    >> I'd rather become your Boss and whip you around, maybe chain you
    >> to your desk, and make you type code until you pass out. :)

    > And this would be different from my current job??

    *sigh* Another day, another dollar.

    >> I am hot, so I don't mind the question.
    >> I'm smart too, which I know you'll never be able to handle. ;)

    > You need to talk to Brat, Kat, and Catwalker about that.

    And Laura, Diana[0], and Kendall. And my lovely bride for that matter.

    [0] The official Land Shark™ of the MCNGP.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Oct 19, 2005
  14. Presto

    Briscobar Guest

    JaR <> rambled:

    > And my lovely bride for that matter.

    She's a googler, I take it.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com iz t3h h0tn3ss

    Briscobar, Oct 19, 2005
  15. Presto

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Briscobar spewed across the ether:

    >> And my lovely bride for that matter.

    > She's a googler, I take it.

    Nope.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, Oct 19, 2005
  16. Presto

    Briscobar Guest

    JaR <> rambled:

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
    >
    >>> And my lovely bride for that matter.

    >> She's a googler, I take it.

    > Nope.

    Oh, then you're whipped. I see.