    changing.
    I didn't have this trouble using the free Outpost-firewall, what is
    happening here?

    Scottie, May 18, 2004

  2. Scottie

    °Mike° Guest

    Avast is a pile of crap, and will continually bombard
    you with false positives. I suggest you invest in a
    real antivirus solution.

    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

    When Outpost Pro clears log data, it is merely housekeeping;
    there is no "trouble".

    On Tue, 18 May 2004 19:33:03 +0100, in
    <crtqc.282$kv4.93@newsfe1-win>
    Scottie scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 18, 2004

  3. Scottie

    Scottie Guest

    Thanks Mike I will have a look at Kaspersky and the rest. Hope their not to
    expensive?
    ------

    Scottie, May 18, 2004
  4. Scottie

    Boomer Guest

    "Scottie" <> did say:

    > Thanks Mike I will have a look at Kaspersky and the rest. Hope
    > their not to expensive?
    > ------
    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Avast is a pile of crap, and will continually bombard
    >> you with false positives. I suggest you invest in a
    >> real antivirus solution.
    >>
    >> KAV (Kaspersky)
    >> http://www.kaspersky.com/
    >>
    >> eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)
    >> http://www.my-etrust.com/products/Antivirus.cfm
    >>
    >> Sophos
    >> http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

    Free is good. 'eZ Antivirus'

    http://www.my-
    etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm?&CFID=1430070&CFTOKEN=898d562bfb88e393-
    953FBADF-E447-25A5-7E4BF498BF995247

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?H34523658

    Boomer, May 18, 2004
  5. Scottie

    °Mike° Guest

    Ask yourself if your data on your hard drive is worth it.

    On Tue, 18 May 2004 22:20:58 +0100, in
    <BUvqc.370$kv4.190@newsfe1-win>
    Scottie scrawled:

    >Thanks Mike I will have a look at Kaspersky and the rest. Hope their not to
    >expensive?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 19, 2004
  6. Scottie

    Rifleman Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Avast is a pile of crap, and will continually bombard
    > you with false positives. I suggest you invest in a
    > real antivirus solution.

    Well I've been using Avast! for six months or so and had no problems at all
    with it. Not been infected, either.

    Rifleman, May 19, 2004
  7. Scottie

    Scottie Guest

    Probably not Mike, there is nothing on the disk that I don't have on CD.
    It's just the slowness when I connect to the internet recently with email
    etc.
    -----

    Scottie, May 19, 2004
  8. Scottie

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 11:42:28 +0100, in
    <>
    Rifleman scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Avast is a pile of crap, and will continually bombard
    >> you with false positives. I suggest you invest in a
    >> real antivirus solution.
    >>

    >Well I've been using Avast! for six months or so and had no
    >problems at all with it. Not been infected, either.

    A whole six months? That much experience is awe inspiring.
    Oh, and it's still crap.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 19, 2004
  9. Scottie

    Rifleman Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 19 May 2004 11:42:28 +0100, in
    > <>
    > Rifleman scrawled:
    >
    > >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > >> Avast is a pile of crap, and will continually bombard
    > >> you with false positives. I suggest you invest in a
    > >> real antivirus solution.
    > >>

    > >Well I've been using Avast! for six months or so and had no
    > >problems at all with it. Not been infected, either.

    > A whole six months? That much experience is awe inspiring.
    > Oh, and it's still crap.
    >
    > --

    Oh very sarcy aren't we? Actually the last six months has seen the worst
    outbreak of viruses EVER in computing history, so that should be worth
    several years of "normal" experience then shouldn't it?

    Rifleman, May 19, 2004
  10. Scottie

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:00:20 +0100, in
    <>
    Rifleman scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 19 May 2004 11:42:28 +0100, in
    >> <>
    >> Rifleman scrawled:
    >>
    >> >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> >>

    >> >Well I've been using Avast! for six months or so and had no
    >> >problems at all with it. Not been infected, either.

    >> A whole six months? That much experience is awe inspiring.
    >> Oh, and it's still crap.
    >>
    >> --

    >Oh very sarcy aren't we? Actually the last six months has seen the worst
    >outbreak of viruses EVER in computing history, so that should be worth
    >several years of "normal" experience then shouldn't it?

    That means squat, particularly if your copy of Avast is not
    actually being exposed to hundreds, no thousands of *different*,
    live viruses/worms/trojans.

    Oh, and I challenge your assertion. The last six months may
    have seen the biggest outbreak of *internet worms*, but where
    is your proof of the biggest outbreak of viruses in history? And
    I don't mean some journalist's ramblings.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 19, 2004