    one of the prisoners...ooops, i meant "factory workers" just gave a nice
    grin
    and said :" nothing wrong with eating horses"

    philo, Feb 18, 2006

  2. On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 16:45:28 -0600, philo wrote:

    > the other day when i got done with some service work i had done in a
    > factory...
    > i sat down at a lunch table to do my paperwork...
    > the workers were having their lunch and discussing what the food was like
    > when they were in prison!
    >
    > and they all seemed to be getting into the conversation.
    >
    > anyway, feeling like a poor schlub who had not ever been to prison...
    > i thought i could get into the conversation by at least mentioning that i
    > had been in the army...
    > and though that was a lot like being in prison...the food was at least
    > good...
    > though i suspected we were eating horsemeat rather than beef.
    >
    > one of the prisoners...ooops, i meant "factory workers" just gave a nice
    > grin
    > and said :" nothing wrong with eating horses"

    My new bumper sticker:

    Just Say Neigh To Horse Meat

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 18, 2006

  3. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:p,
    philo spewed forth:
    > the other day when i got done with some service work i had done in a
    > factory...
    > i sat down at a lunch table to do my paperwork...
    > the workers were having their lunch and discussing what the food was
    > like when they were in prison!
    >
    > and they all seemed to be getting into the conversation.
    >
    > anyway, feeling like a poor schlub who had not ever been to prison...
    > i thought i could get into the conversation by at least mentioning
    > that i had been in the army...
    > and though that was a lot like being in prison...the food was at least
    > good...
    > though i suspected we were eating horsemeat rather than beef.
    >
    > one of the prisoners...ooops, i meant "factory workers" just gave a
    > nice grin
    > and said :" nothing wrong with eating horses"

    Mmmmm!!! Prison food - such memories <g>

    Toolman Tim, Feb 18, 2006
  4. philo

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > Mmmmm!!! Prison food - such memories <g>

    yeah it sounded pretty bad...
    mostly just well salted baloney sandwiches...
    not much of an incentive for going to prison...

    if the food was better, maybe more folks would want to go there!

    philo, Feb 18, 2006
  5. philo

    philo Guest

    > My new bumper sticker:
    >
    > Just Say Neigh To Horse Meat

    but you're a shark...
    if a horse fell in the water, wouldn't you want to eat it?

    philo, Feb 18, 2006
  6. On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:34:38 -0600, philo wrote:

    >> My new bumper sticker:
    >>
    >> Just Say Neigh To Horse Meat

    > but you're a shark...
    > if a horse fell in the water, wouldn't you want to eat it?

    You missed: sharks don't have bumpers, anyway. ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 19, 2006
  7. philo

    philo Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 17:34:38 -0600, philo wrote:
    >
    >>> My new bumper sticker:
    >>>
    >>> Just Say Neigh To Horse Meat

    >> but you're a shark...
    >> if a horse fell in the water, wouldn't you want to eat it?

    > You missed: sharks don't have bumpers, anyway. ;)

    heck i can't even spell "lunch"

    philo, Feb 19, 2006
  8. philo

    Zaphod Guest

    philo wrote:
    > the other day when i got done with some service work i had done in a
    > factory...
    > i sat down at a lunch table to do my paperwork...
    > the workers were having their lunch and discussing what the food was like
    > when they were in prison!
    >
    > and they all seemed to be getting into the conversation.
    >
    > anyway, feeling like a poor schlub who had not ever been to prison...
    > i thought i could get into the conversation by at least mentioning that i
    > had been in the army...
    > and though that was a lot like being in prison...the food was at least
    > good...
    > though i suspected we were eating horsemeat rather than beef.
    >
    > one of the prisoners...ooops, i meant "factory workers" just gave a nice
    > grin
    > and said :" nothing wrong with eating horses"

    My nephew just go back from his first business trip to Japan. At one
    dinner table after work, he said a plate of raw horse meat was being
    passed aroung.

    He lost a lot of weight in those two weeks.

    David

    Zaphod, Feb 19, 2006
  9. philo

    Frosty Guest

    What trick, what device, what starting-hole on 18 Feb 2006 18:00:29
    -0800, canst thou now find out, to hide "Zaphod" <> from
    this open and apparent shame?:

    >philo wrote:
    >> the other day when i got done with some service work i had done in

    >> factory...
    >> i sat down at a lunch table to do my paperwork...
    >> the workers were having their lunch and discussing what the food

    was like
    >> when they were in prison!
    >>
    >> and they all seemed to be getting into the conversation.
    >>
    >> anyway, feeling like a poor schlub who had not ever been to

    prison...
    >> i thought i could get into the conversation by at least mentioning

    that i
    >> had been in the army...
    >> and though that was a lot like being in prison...the food was at

    least
    >> good...
    >> though i suspected we were eating horsemeat rather than beef.
    >>
    >> one of the prisoners...ooops, i meant "factory workers" just gave a

    nice
    >> grin
    >> and said :" nothing wrong with eating horses"

    >My nephew just go back from his first business trip to Japan. At one
    >dinner table after work, he said a plate of raw horse meat was being
    >passed aroung.
    >
    >He lost a lot of weight in those two weeks.
    >
    >David

    Only Americans it seems think horse meat is bad.
    Thank the beef industry for that! (propoganda)
    BTW, I gained 35 lbs eating prison food. But then I like hospital &
    airline food too! (Oh yeah, I also quit smoking in prison, which may
    have had something to do with my eating habits...)

    --

    "The Borg assimilated my race, and all I got was this crummy tagline."

    Frosty, Feb 19, 2006
  10. philo

    D@Z Guest

    meat is meat,horse beef pig or person,if it was in a curry I doubt if anyone
    could tell the difference

    D@Z, Feb 19, 2006
  11. philo

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > My nephew just go back from his first business trip to Japan. At one
    > dinner table after work, he said a plate of raw horse meat was being
    > passed aroung.
    >
    > He lost a lot of weight in those two weeks.

    but the horse lost even more!

    philo, Feb 19, 2006
  12. philo

    philo Guest

    "D@Z" <> wrote in message
    > meat is meat,horse beef pig or person,if it was in a curry I doubt if
    > anyone could tell the difference

    true...
    i think with horsemeat..it's just the psychological factor...
    as in the US, horses are not though of as food

    philo, Feb 19, 2006
  13. Zaphod wrote:
    > philo wrote:
    >
    >>the other day when i got done with some service work i had done in a
    >>factory...
    >>i sat down at a lunch table to do my paperwork...
    >>the workers were having their lunch and discussing what the food was like
    >>when they were in prison!
    >>
    >>and they all seemed to be getting into the conversation.
    >>
    >>anyway, feeling like a poor schlub who had not ever been to prison...
    >>i thought i could get into the conversation by at least mentioning that i
    >>had been in the army...
    >>and though that was a lot like being in prison...the food was at least
    >>good...
    >>though i suspected we were eating horsemeat rather than beef.
    >>
    >>one of the prisoners...ooops, i meant "factory workers" just gave a nice
    >>grin
    >>and said :" nothing wrong with eating horses"

    > My nephew just go back from his first business trip to Japan. At one
    > dinner table after work, he said a plate of raw horse meat was being
    > passed aroung.
    >
    > He lost a lot of weight in those two weeks.
    >
    > David

    Horse is healthier, and by far, more tender than beef.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 19, 2006