    it does not work.

    any ideas?

    stan
    stan, Aug 16, 2005

  2. stan

    Jtyc Guest

    > any ideas?

    Yes.

    Many in fact.
    Jtyc, Aug 16, 2005

  3. stan

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jtyc spewed across the ether:

    >> any ideas?

    > Yes.
    >
    > Many in fact.

    Whups. A shark just got jumped. Too bad, I was starting to enjoy myself.

    Oh, and you are Greg and I claim my Uficle.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Aug 16, 2005
  4. stan

    stan Guest

    who is Greg?

    stan, Aug 17, 2005
  5. stan

    Ben Smith Guest

    Ben Smith, Aug 17, 2005
  6. stan

    catwalker63 Guest

    Ben Smith <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > In article <hRtMe.7651$>,
    > says...
    >> some of the icons on my computer say .bmp after them, what does that
    >> mean? when I double click them - they all have pictures. But the
    >> other pictures I have, from my digital camera say .jpg. when i change
    >> the .bmp to .jpg though it does not work.

    > They are differnt image formats:
    >
    > http://www.sharpened.net/glossary/definition.php?bitmap
    > http://www.sharpened.net/glossary/definition.php?jpeg
    >
    >> any ideas?
    >>
    >> stan

    JaR, please don't tell me you threw the pliers overboard again!

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet
    catwalker63, Aug 17, 2005
  7. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=what is .bmp
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=what's .bmp

    returns...

    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=BMP
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/B/BMP.html

    --
    Bob Christian II
    http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog

    Bob Christian, Aug 17, 2005
  8. stan

    Briscobar Guest

    stan <> rambled:

    > some of the icons on my computer say .bmp after them, what does that
    > mean? when I double click them - they all have pictures. But the
    > other pictures I have, from my digital camera say .jpg. when i change
    > the .bmp to .jpg though it does not work.
    >
    > any ideas?
    >
    > stan

    Well, stan, it looks like you just outed yourself. it was fun while it
    lasted, though.

    now please crawl back under the bridge.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com = t3h h0tn3ss
    Briscobar, Aug 17, 2005
  9. stan

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Aug 17, 2005
  10. stan

    Frisbee® Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, catwalker63 spewed across the ether:
    >

    >>> They are differnt image formats:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.sharpened.net/glossary/definition.php?bitmap
    >>> http://www.sharpened.net/glossary/definition.php?jpeg

    >> JaR, please don't tell me you threw the pliers overboard again!

    > Microsoft can get their own pliers. Looks like they are gonna need a .Net,
    > too.

    IFYPFY
    Frisbee®, Aug 17, 2005
  11. stan

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "stan" <> say in

    > some of the icons on my computer say .bmp after them, what does that
    > mean? when I double click them - they all have pictures. But the other
    > pictures I have, from my digital camera say .jpg. when i change the
    > .bmp to .jpg though it does not work.
    >
    > any ideas?
    >
    > stan

    I'm away ONE FREAKIN AFTERNOON!!!!!

    crap I missed a ton of entertainment...

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Hit any user to continue.
    Neil, Aug 17, 2005
  12. stan

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Frisbee® spewed across the ether:

    >> Microsoft can get their own pliers. Looks like they are gonna need a
    >> .Net, too.

    > IFYPFY

    That one has holes in it.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Aug 17, 2005
  13. stan

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Kline Sphere, Aug 18, 2005
  14. stan

    Jtyc Guest

    > sfw, unless you're gary-us

    Funny... that particular vehicle was on my SOI test.
    Jtyc, Aug 18, 2005
  15. stan

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the ether:

    > http://tinyurl.com/9hh9m
    >
    > sfw, unless you're gary-us
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Cool! I had often wondered how to differentiate the BMP-2IFV from a BMP-1.
    I feel so much better now.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Aug 18, 2005
  16. stan

    kpg Guest

    So a clearly marked OT buttracing gets zapped but
    what's a bmp stays? And how is that on topic?????

    --
    kpg
    www.MCNGP.com is a glitch in the Matrix
    kpg, Aug 24, 2005
  17. stan

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:

    > So a clearly marked OT buttracing gets zapped but
    > what's a bmp stays? And how is that on topic?????

    Because "What's a .bmp" was OBVIOUSLY a legit question.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Aug 24, 2005
  18. stan

    Briscobar Guest

    kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> rambled:

    > So a clearly marked OT buttracing gets zapped but
    > what's a bmp stays? And how is that on topic?????

    Yeah, Ben, what gives? Do you not like buttracing?

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com's milkshake is better than yours.
    Briscobar, Aug 24, 2005
  19. stan

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >> So a clearly marked OT buttracing gets zapped but
    >> what's a bmp stays? And how is that on topic?????

    >Because "What's a .bmp" was OBVIOUSLY a legit question.

    next we'll get 'what is a BMD' or 'what is a BTR', jeez why these
    people can't google for russian hardware is beyond me....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Aug 24, 2005
  20. stan

    Jtyc Guest

    > next we'll get 'what is a BMD' or 'what is a BTR', jeez why these
    > people can't google for russian hardware is beyond me....

    BTR's are the worst because of the variations and having to know the subtle
    differences... Using the exhaust is one method of distinguishing the
    difference but you don't always get a good view of it.

    sometimes I really miss my old job...
    Jtyc, Aug 24, 2005