    the pocket easily. Which is why i like the F450

    Many thanks

    Damo
    Damo, Feb 21, 2005

  2. Damo

    Drude Guest

    In article <421a1f5f$0$26722$>,
    says...
    > Im getting a new camera and thought about getting either of Fuji F450 or
    > F610
    >
    > Whilst the F610 can do images of 12 million mega pixels the 450 has better
    > optical zoom. The 450 is smaller than the 610 which is a little chunkier.
    > One camera seems to have better at some things and worst at others. My mate
    > has a F610 and i was really impressed with it. But would probably be equally
    > impressed with a 450 as i have a Fuji finepix 40i at present.
    >
    > Any comments on the pros and cons of these two cameras would be appreciated
    > or if anyone has any suggestions by other makers in the same price bracket.
    > Im looking for a quite good spec cam, but has to be small enough to fit in
    > the pocket easily. Which is why i like the F450
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Damo

    If I said it once, I'll say it a thousand times (and get flamed for
    it)...

    After about 3 or 4 megapixels, there is virtually NO identifiable
    difference in sharpness or quality in the images from digital cameras.
    Don't get fooled into paying hundreds extra for the extra MPs.

    Get a 4-6 MP and sink the money you save into the best optical zoom you
    can find.

    Also, why does everyone need their camera to fit in their pocket? I'm
    sorry, but you'll never convince me that some credit-card sized piece of
    plastic will ever have the features that a good, solid SLR or SLR-type
    camera will have. Not to mention that the higher weight of a larger
    camera helps you TAKE BETTER PICTURES through the camera being more
    stable in your hand or on a tripod.

    Of course, if all you're going to take is pictures of your dog or the
    grandkids, then I guess it doesn't matter. Just drop $100 on a point n
    shoot.

    Gripe Gripe Gripe....

    Sorry... I haven't had my Wheaties yet and it's that time of the
    month...

    Drude
    Drude, Feb 21, 2005

  3. Damo

    Vic Dura Guest

    On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:56:14 GMT, RE: Re: Whats better - Fuji F450 or
    F610? Drude <> wrote:

    >Gripe Gripe Gripe....
    >
    >Sorry... I haven't had my Wheaties yet and it's that time of the
    >month...

    But all good points.

    --
    To reply to me directly, remove the XXX characters from my email address.
    Vic Dura, Feb 22, 2005
  4. Damo

    Stewy Guest

    In article <421a1f5f$0$26722$>,
    "Damo" <> wrote:

    > Im getting a new camera and thought about getting either of Fuji F450 or
    > F610
    >
    > Whilst the F610 can do images of 12 million mega pixels the 450 has better
    > optical zoom. The 450 is smaller than the 610 which is a little chunkier.
    > One camera seems to have better at some things and worst at others. My mate
    > has a F610 and i was really impressed with it. But would probably be equally
    > impressed with a 450 as i have a Fuji finepix 40i at present.
    >
    > Any comments on the pros and cons of these two cameras would be appreciated
    > or if anyone has any suggestions by other makers in the same price bracket.
    > Im looking for a quite good spec cam, but has to be small enough to fit in
    > the pocket easily. Which is why i like the F450

    I've just bought a 440 (identical to the 450 except being 4mpxl) and
    with the limited use I've put it to so far, I'm very pleased with it.
    The only potential problem I can see is the cradle, which could be
    damaged if I'm not too careful. I suppose I'll have to take this on my
    travels too unless I get myself an external charger and card reader.
    Stewy, Feb 23, 2005