  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    NONE of these posts are "reposts at all! Who started this rubbish?

    Gordon, Mar 17, 2005

  2. Gordon

    Scrote Guest

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/familyalbum1/manuel.jpg
    --
    The physicist Leo Szilard once announced to his friend Hans Bethe that
    he was thinking of keeping a diary: "I don't intend to publish. I am

    Scrote, Mar 17, 2005

  3. Gordon

    cluedweasel Guest

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:07:27 -0000, "Gordon"
    <> wrote:

    >NONE of these posts are "reposts at all! Who started this rubbish?

    It appears that someones anti-spam cancelbot was cancelling messages
    that weren't spam. They are now reposting those mistakenly cancelled
    messages.
    I think there may be more going on as the volume of posts seem to be
    way down in the last few days. Anyone else notice?

    cluedweasel, Mar 17, 2005
  4. Gordon

    Old Gringo Guest

    cluedweasel wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:07:27 -0000, "Gordon"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>NONE of these posts are "reposts at all! Who started this rubbish?
    >>

    > It appears that someones anti-spam cancelbot was cancelling messages
    > that weren't spam. They are now reposting those mistakenly cancelled
    > messages.
    > I think there may be more going on as the volume of posts seem to be
    > way down in the last few days. Anyone else notice?

    A post I made to nevill showed up as a repost and the orig. had an
    error message under it(message may have expired)(click here to remove
    all expired messages)??. What ever happened, looks like they are
    trying to fix it.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Mar 17, 2005
  5. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    || cluedweasel wrote:
    ||| It appears that someones anti-spam cancelbot was cancelling messages
    ||| that weren't spam. They are now reposting those mistakenly cancelled
    ||| messages.
    ||| I think there may be more going on as the volume of posts seem to be
    ||| way down in the last few days. Anyone else notice?
    || A post I made to nevill showed up as a repost and the orig. had an
    || error message under it(message may have expired)(click here to remove
    || all expired messages)??. What ever happened, looks like they are
    || trying to fix it.

    Interestingly some messages with "REPOST" in the subject line also appeared
    in the MS News server newsgroups - one theory was that a "rogue" server
    somewhere was actually "reposting" messages from a couple of days ago.....

    Gordon, Mar 17, 2005