What's all the fuss?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ANovice, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. ANovice

    ANovice Guest

    WHAT'S ALL THE FUSS?

    "Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started
    by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001? Were
    people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that
    day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and
    in a field in Pennsylvania?

    Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or
    crushing death that day, or didn't they?

    And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an
    overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet? Well, I don't. I don't
    care at all.

    I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for
    incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

    I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring
    about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi
    Arabia.

    I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for hacking
    off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling, slashed
    throat.

    I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and
    fight like men instead of dis-respecting their own religion by hiding in
    mosques.

    I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of
    nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide
    bombs.

    I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First
    Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of
    the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

    In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an
    Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

    When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been
    humiliated in what amounts to a college hazing incident, rest assured that I
    don't care.

    When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to
    move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank that I
    don't care.

    When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and
    fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that
    his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your
    heart of hearts that I don't care.

    And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and
    other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and -- you guessed it,I could
    not have said this any better myself!

    If you agree with this view point, pass this on to all your e-mail friends.
    Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous
    behavior! If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button.
    Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more
    atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great country
    ANovice, Nov 15, 2005

  2. ANovice

    TNKEV Guest

    TNKEV, Nov 15, 2005

  3. ANovice

    James Guest

    Hey, this might be the wrong group, but Anovice has
    the right sentiments.

    I share those sentiments and I could write a book on
    this subject...instead I tell you truly, we English are right
    with you to the end my fellow Americans.

    James
    LOOK! Everything you want for Christmas, Home
    and Business!
    http://a2infinitybooks.com

    Learn How to Master Your Memory!
    http://bookdude.mastmemory.hop.clickbank.net/?

    James, Nov 15, 2005
  4. ANovice

    Plato Guest

    James wrote:

    > Hey, this might be the wrong group, but Anovice has
    > the right sentiments.

    The premise is incorrect. It wasn't started by The Nation of Islam /
    Muslims.

    That would be like blaming all Baptists for the 100+ KKK church bombings
    in the US fifty years ago.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Nov 15, 2005
  5. ANovice

    Book End Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > James wrote:
    >>
    >> Hey, this might be the wrong group, but Anovice has
    >> the right sentiments.

    > The premise is incorrect. It wasn't started by The Nation of Islam /
    > Muslims.
    >
    > That would be like blaming all Baptists for the 100+ KKK church bombings
    > in the US fifty years ago.
    >

    > --
    > http://www.bootdisk.com/

    You're kidding. Did the Baptists really do that?
    Book End, Nov 16, 2005
  6. ANovice

    James Guest

    Ok Plato, message understood. Islamic, Muslim
    extremists are using the Muslim faith to project
    their insane ideology on other Muslims.

    I don't believe for one minute all Muslims are in
    support of these no-brainer, terrorist, murdering
    extremists. It's just a pity all of them can't see
    how their faith is being used for evil ends.

    I think all religions are the scourge of the earth
    and are the cause of most wars. Politicians
    and rogue states have allot to answer for too.

    How did I get into this discussion? This really
    is the wrong place for it

    James, Nov 16, 2005
  7. ANovice

    Ant Guest

    On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:55:06 -0600, "ANovice"
    <> wrote:

    >WHAT'S ALL THE FUSS?
    >
    >"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we?

    Yes but the terrorists are American.

    > Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001?

    No, it was begun by America's continually (negative) interference in
    the ME dating back to the 1950's and of course American support and
    financing of Israeli aggression in the ME.

    >Werepeople from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that
    >day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and
    >in a field in Pennsylvania?

    Yes

    >Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or
    >crushing death that day, or didn't they?

    Yes, and as a result the US attacked a country that had nothing to do
    with committing 9\11.
    70,000 innocent Iraqi civilians have been slaughtered by the US
    military so far. Iraq been destroyed and is on the verge of civil war.
    The whole ME has been destabilised, global terrorism has never been
    higher, the price of oil is at an all time high. The world has never
    been more unstable and all committed in the name of finding WMD's...no
    wait...regime change....what was it again?.....installing democracy,
    and when democracy is installed the US will leave Iraq even though
    they have built 9 permanent military bases around Iraq's oil wells and
    have indicated on numerous occasions that they will not be leaving
    Iraq, ever. (Cheney, "the oil needs to be protected")
    America invaded Iraq for control of its oil wealth. Period.

    >And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an
    >overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet? Well, I don't. I don't
    >care at all.

    That's because you HATE Islam, you probably HATE a lot of things,
    right?

    >I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for
    >incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

    Agreed,
    Hopefully those that allowed the US army to use white phosphorous
    (chemical weapon) on innocent civilians in Falluja will also turn them
    selves in or the people who sold Saddam the chemicals he used to
    "burn" Iraqi's will also surrender to the authorities. Who were they
    again?

    >I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring
    >about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi
    >Arabia.

    Saudi, you means the US's (Bush's) ally? where most of the 9\11
    bombers actually came from? the country that the US should have
    invaded if the war was really about revenge and stopping terrorism.

    >I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for hacking
    >off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling, slashed
    >throat.

    Berg was part of an illegal invasion force that has attacked Iraq. No
    doubt if Russia had attacked the US in the same manner you would have
    sat on your arse whilst your country and family burned? The brave
    Iraqi freedom fighters are fighting an enemy that vastly outguns and
    out mans them. They have no choice but to use terrorist tactics.

    >I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and
    >fight like men instead of dis-respecting their own religion by hiding in
    >mosques.

    Unlike the brave US "airforce" that fires missiles at targets situated
    miles away from them or the brave men in Apache helicopters who kill
    civilians for fun from the safety of their cockpits.

    >I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of
    >nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide
    >bombs.

    Why don't you care about the 70,000 Iraqi innocent Iraqi civilians
    that the US have slaughtered or the deliberate bombing of civilian
    area's including hospitals or the perverted torture used by the US
    military or the shooting of surrendering unarmed combatants?

    >I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First
    >Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of
    >the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

    The Patriot Act, lol. Currently being used to imprison more Americans
    than terrorists.

    >In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an
    >Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

    So you agree torture is a legitimate form of gathering information!!?
    and you call the Islamists uncivilised!!?

    >When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been
    >humiliated in what amounts to a college hazing incident, rest assured that I
    >don't care.

    Turns you on, does it? I think we're getting to the crux of your rant
    now. Are you one of the US GI's who traded pictures of mutilated
    Iraqi bodies for access to porn sites?

    >When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to
    >move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank that I
    >don't care.

    Hmmm. I think what your really saying is you like to see death in the
    goriest detail possible.

    >When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and
    >fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that
    >his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your
    >heart of hearts that I don't care.

    You're getting desperate now and I'm getting bored.

    >And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and
    >other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and -- you guessed it,I could
    >not have said this any better myself!

    Lol, very desperate.

    >If you agree with this view point, pass this on to all your e-mail friends.
    >Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous
    >behavior! If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button.
    >Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more
    >atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great country

    I think most people who've bothered to read your rant will agree you
    need help. You also need a life, probably a girlfriend...any friends.
    Most of all you need to stop using others as a scapegoat for your own
    very obvious inadequacies.
    BTW, why haven't you enlisted to fight in Iraq as you feel so strongly
    about it?

    Ant, Nov 16, 2005
  8. Ant wrote:

    > The world has never been more unstable

    Right.

    Too young to remember the 40+ years of the Cold War, huh?

    Never read about it?

    Never heard of it?

    Look it up.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 16, 2005
  9. ANovice

    Ant Guest

    On 16 Nov 2005 20:35:17 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Ant wrote:
    >
    >> The world has never been more unstable

    >Right.
    >
    >Too young to remember the 40+ years of the Cold War, huh?
    >
    >Never read about it?
    >
    >Never heard of it?
    >
    >Look it up.

    Don't need to, I remember it, based in Europe I also lived it as
    opposed to the Hollywood version you probably experienced and it was a
    walk in the park compared to the nightmare the US has unleashed on the
    world today.
    During the cold war the US and Russia were equal super powers. One
    kept the colonialist aspirations of the other in check. Although
    Russia and China are growing to equal the US in super power status and
    will eventually surpass the US to become global super powers they are
    not prepared to challenge the US directly at the moment. That's what
    makes the current US position so dangerous. It's not that the US is
    governing the world it's that the US THINKS it's governing the world
    and will back up their claim with missiles as we have seen in Iraq and
    Afghanistan.
    America's time as the sole super power will soon be over meanwhile we
    (in the free world) must do what we can to support those that stand up
    to American aggression around the globe.
    Ant, Nov 16, 2005
  10. Ant wrote:

    > On 16 Nov 2005 20:35:17 GMT, Blinky the Shark
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Ant wrote:
    >>
    >>> The world has never been more unstable

    >>Right.
    >>
    >>Too young to remember the 40+ years of the Cold War, huh?
    >>
    >>Never read about it?
    >>
    >>Never heard of it?
    >>
    >>Look it up.

    > Don't need to, I remember it, based in Europe I also lived it
    > as opposed to the Hollywood version you probably experienced

    and it

    Born in 1947, son -- lived nearly all of it.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 16, 2005
  11. ANovice

    Ant Guest

    On 16 Nov 2005 22:17:20 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Ant wrote:
    >
    >> On 16 Nov 2005 20:35:17 GMT, Blinky the Shark
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Right.
    >>>
    >>>Too young to remember the 40+ years of the Cold War, huh?
    >>>
    >>>Never read about it?
    >>>
    >>>Never heard of it?
    >>>
    >>>Look it up.

    >> Don't need to, I remember it, based in Europe I also lived it
    >> as opposed to the Hollywood version you probably experienced

    >and it
    >
    >Born in 1947, son -- lived nearly all of it.

    Then how can you support a power that stalks the globe forcing
    countries to embrace it's political system and culture at the point of
    a gun?
    Ant, Nov 16, 2005
  12. ANovice

    DC Guest

    Ant wrote:

    > On 16 Nov 2005 22:17:20 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Ant wrote:

    >>> Don't need to, I remember it, based in Europe I also lived it as
    >>> opposed to the Hollywood version you probably experienced

    >>and it
    >>
    >>Born in 1947, son -- lived nearly all of it.

    > Then how can you support a power that stalks the globe forcing
    > countries to embrace it's political system and culture at the point of
    > a gun?

    BTSDDP. }:O)

    --
    DC

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
    -- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
    DC, Nov 16, 2005
  13. ANovice

    DC Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Ant wrote:
    >
    >> On 16 Nov 2005 20:35:17 GMT, Blinky the Shark
    >> <> wrote:

    >>>Right.
    >>>
    >>>Too young to remember the 40+ years of the Cold War, huh?
    >>>
    >>>Never read about it?
    >>>
    >>>Never heard of it?
    >>>
    >>>Look it up.

    >> Don't need to, I remember it, based in Europe I also lived it as
    >> opposed to the Hollywood version you probably experienced and it

    <guffaw>

    > Born in 1947, son -- lived nearly all of it.

    Old people smell funny.

    <ducking!>

    DC, Nov 16, 2005
  14. DC wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Ant wrote:

    >>> Don't need to, I remember it, based in Europe I also lived it
    >>> as opposed to the Hollywood version you probably experienced
    >>> and it

    > <guffaw>
    >
    >> Born in 1947, son -- lived nearly all of it.

    > Old people smell funny.
    >
    > <ducking!>

    It probably doesn't help that I usuall run Linux, either. ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 16, 2005
  15. Ant wrote:

    > On 16 Nov 2005 22:17:20 GMT, Blinky the Shark
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Ant wrote:

    >>> Don't need to, I remember it, based in Europe I also lived it
    >>> as opposed to the Hollywood version you probably experienced

    >>and it
    >>
    >>Born in 1947, son -- lived nearly all of it.

    > Then how can you support a power that stalks the globe forcing
    > countries to embrace it's political system and culture at the
    > point of a gun?

    Sorry. I don't do politics. I do history, though -- and while
    the mid-to-mid-late-20th-century is pretty recent, it's still part
    of history. And part that I lived through and remember; that's
    why I brought it up as an example of a potentially explosive
    world.

    You go play with the other ranters, now. HAND.

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 16, 2005
  16. ANovice

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Ant
    <> wrote:

    > Then how can you support a power that stalks the globe forcing
    > countries to embrace it's political system and culture at the point of
    > a gun?

    Are you kidding?
    When most of the countries that it's going to have seriously deranged
    dictators running them?
    Any push away from the wrong direction is a good one, man.

    I think the Americans have stronger reasons not to do it than other
    countries have to complain about them doing it.
    Mitch, Nov 17, 2005
  17. ANovice

    Mitch Guest

    In article <135>, DC
    <> wrote:

    > > Born in 1947, son -- lived nearly all of it.

    > Old people smell funny.
    >
    > <ducking!>

    Funny like latex novelty noses
    or funny like prunes soaked in turpentine?
    Mitch, Nov 17, 2005
  18. ANovice

    Mitch Guest

    In article <Xns97107FFFB69D4bnooz@130.133.1.4>, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    > > The world has never been more unstable

    > Right.
    >
    > Too young to remember the 40+ years of the Cold War, huh?

    Now, wait a minute.
    The cold war was called 'cold' because it wasn't so aggressive, active,
    fast-moving and unstable.
    Sure, it seems important and momentous when you're living it, but in
    retrospect doesn't every other period seem more tragic and dynamic and
    momentous?
    Mitch, Nov 17, 2005
  19. ANovice

    DC Guest

    Mitch wrote:

    > In article <135>, DC
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> > Born in 1947, son -- lived nearly all of it.

    >> Old people smell funny.
    >>
    >> <ducking!>

    > Funny like latex novelty noses
    > or funny like prunes soaked in turpentine?

    I think that it's the formaldehyde...

    DC, Nov 17, 2005
  20. ANovice

    DC Guest

    Mitch wrote:

    > In article <Xns97107FFFB69D4bnooz@130.133.1.4>, Blinky the Shark
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> > The world has never been more unstable

    >> Right.
    >>
    >> Too young to remember the 40+ years of the Cold War, huh?

    > Now, wait a minute.
    > The cold war was called 'cold' because it wasn't so aggressive, active,
    > fast-moving and unstable.
    > Sure, it seems important and momentous when you're living it, but in
    > retrospect doesn't every other period seem more tragic and dynamic and
    > momentous?

    In my experience, it's the 4 or 5 days leading up to the period that fits
    that description.

    DC, Nov 17, 2005