    uploading.. Thanks Much,

    Yvonne
    , Nov 27, 2003

  2. Mick Ruthven Guest

    Very good photos are important in selling on eBay. Since you only need them
    for display on a computer monitor and not for printing large prints, even a
    2MP camera would be fine. But you should have good control over the exposure
    (not only Auto mode). I'd also want custom white balance to get the colors
    right. The Canon A70 is a 3MP camera with good manual exposure control
    (aperture priority and shutter priority) and custom white balance. I don't
    think the 2MP cameras have manual exposure control (I'm not sure of this),
    and 3MP would provide enough pixels for more cropping in case you need to do
    that.

    Mick Ruthven, Nov 27, 2003

  3. mark popp Guest

    wrote:

    >Hello, I could use a digital camera to take pics of items I'd like to
    >sell, on ebay or half.com , any suggestions for an inexpensive one?
    >since it would just be used for one purpose. I have a pc to do the
    >uploading.. Thanks Much,
    >
    >Yvonne

    I use a Kodak EZ200 I bought on eBay last December. The model was
    new in 1999 or 2000 but they sell now on eBay for $15 - $35 plus
    shipping. No flash or LCD for viewing. It takes pictures in
    regular room light though you'd want a tripod for best results.
    For small items, you plug it into the PC with the USB cable and
    view the scene on your PC. While connected to the PC it focuses
    down to 2 inches and you can adjust the color and contrast, etc
    with the software until it looks good on the monitor. The max
    resolution is 640 x 480 which is more than you need for eBay.
    The pictures look better when you reduce them. Mine is
    a refurbished camera and came with a warrany. I can email some
    sample photos if you like.
    mark P.
    mark popp, Nov 29, 2003