    Where would be a great event to take him to? the big Consumer Electronics
    show in Vegas? He's a very fun outgoing person, non-drinker or smoker and
    doesn't gamble. Suggestions??

    02befree, Dec 8, 2005

  2. 02befree

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, 02befree
    <> wrote:

    > My dad is 70 and has been involved with computers through his career as an
    > industrial engineer with NOAA/NMFS.
    > I'd like to take him to some sort of tech convention for a treat. He likes
    > to see what's new and reads his PC Mag religiously. Doesn't program (used
    > to in ancient BASIC, etc languages) and now just uses computers to archive
    > geneology materials, etc.
    > Where would be a great event to take him to? the big Consumer Electronics
    > show in Vegas? He's a very fun outgoing person, non-drinker or smoker and
    > doesn't gamble. Suggestions??

    What part of the world are you in?

    Mitch, Dec 8, 2005

  3. 02befree

    smee Guest

    "02befree" <> wrote in message
    He's a very fun outgoing person, non-drinker or smoker and
    > doesn't gamble. Suggestions??

    Sorry, but I have to ask, does he make all of his own dresses too??

    smee, Dec 8, 2005
  4. 02befree

    02befree Guest

    Lives in Washington State, USA

    02befree, Dec 8, 2005
  5. 02befree

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, 02befree
    <> wrote:

    > Lives in Washington State, USA

    Hmm... nothing comes right to mind.
    You might be able to find something interesting in tours of naval
    yards, research organizations, or large companies making innovative
    equipment, especially the ones that he might have dealt with before.
    Many companies manufacturing their own products offer tours of their
    plants. Most of that kind of stuff is more interesting than it sounds.

    Sorry I'm not coming up with something great right off -- it's just not
    there yet.

    Mitch, Dec 9, 2005