    My pc is analog, I'd like to view my lcd monitor in digital mode- any
    advice who makes a nice quality converter/ adapter? Thank you!
    , Dec 21, 2004

  2. HF Guest

    MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Shopping | Money | People & Groups
    Home | Web Directory | Advanced Search | My Preferences | Submit a Site |
    Help

    WebNewsShoppingEncartaGroups
    Download Free MSN Toolbar

    Results 1-15 of about 1034 containing "avg to dvi adapter" NEXT >>

    Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo: Belkin Digital adapter converts a DVI-I
    digital Female to a VGA Male
    .... Electronics - Belkin / September 22, 2003. More information. Avg
    Customer Review: ... No other adapter delivers better performance.This
    adapter converts a DVI-I analog male plug to a VGA ...
    www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000067RL5

    Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo: Gainward GeForce FX PP PRO/680 TV-DVI
    FX5200 256Mb
    .... Pro/680 TV/DVI - graphics adapter - GF FX 5200 - 256 MB ... 95/98 Second
    Edition, Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP. Avg. Customer Review: Number of
    Reviews: 2 ...
    www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000C0SPG

    Newegg.com - ASUS 9600XT/TVD/128M Video Cards
    buy ASUS 9600XT/TVD/128M Video Cards for a cheap price. ... Rating: (Avg
    Rating out of 116 voters ... Cable/Accessories: VGA via DVI Adapter, VIVO
    Adapter, CD Box, Manual ...
    www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-121-501&depa=0

    Lowest price for Any Geforce FX 5700 Ultra - Buy It At Cheap Prices ::
    PlanetPrices UK
    PlanetPrices.co.uk is a computer hardware price comparison site with
    up-to-date pricing from 25+ renowned UK retailers
    www.planetprices.co.uk/index.php?prod_id=2100265&meta=1&cat_id=1049

    Apple Macintosh PowerBook G4/800 DVI (Digital Visual Interface) Specs @
    EveryMac.com
    A complete guide of Every Mac and MacOS-Compatible in the world, with
    detailed technical, configuration, and pricing information.
    www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g4/stats/powerbook_g4_800_dvi...

    Apple Macintosh PowerBook G4/667 DVI (Digital Visual Interface) Specs @
    EveryMac.com
    A complete guide of Every Mac and MacOS-Compatible in the world, with
    detailed technical, configuration, and pricing information.
    www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powerbook_g4/stats/powerbook_g4_667_dvi...

    Lowest price for Any Radeon 9600 Pro - Buy It At Cheap Prices ::
    PlanetPrices UK
    PlanetPrices.co.uk is a computer hardware price comparison site with
    up-to-date pricing from 25+ renowned UK retailers
    www.planetprices.co.uk/index.php?prod_id=2099980&meta=1&cat_id=1048

    http://www.actimbg.com/products/IBM.htm
    .... Security Subsystem 2.0, Modem, Enet, UltraNav, IBM Active Protection
    System, WinXP Pro. 2887 AVG. UJ0AVBM ... Quadro4 200NVS VGA/DVI-I Dual Head
    Graphics Adapter (low profile possible ...
    www.actimbg.com/products/IBM.htm

    PCRules.com - OCSystem Enhanced Geforce 4 TI 4200
    PCRules.com - PC News, reviews and previews, discussion, downloads and much
    more ... Release Date: Out Now In The US. Avg. Price: $218 (This price
    represents the price from OCSystem ... box, is a dvi adapter, s-video cable
    and a video adapter cable ...
    www.pcrules.com/ocsystem.shtml

    Komplett.co.uk
    .... 6800 GT reference design, including video-out, DVI and nView. ...
    Ultra/2400 Golden Sample - graphics adapter - GF 6800 GT - 256 MB ...
    Customer Reviews. Avg. Customer Rating: Sign in ...
    www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=300440&cks=PRL

    Plasma Displays - AVS member created FAQ
    .... will need to purchase a DVI-I to DVI-D adapter since the input on ...
    reduces brightness to reduce burn in) 40.5 after ACG. Ave/Avg Contrast Ratio
    234:1 ...
    www.avsforumfaq.com/~plasma

    Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 213T-Silver Monitors - LCD Flat Panel
    buy SAMSUNG 213T-Silver Monitors - LCD Flat Panel for a cheap price. ...
    Rating: (Avg Rating out of 34 voters ... Input Connectors: 15-pin D-sub,
    DVI-D. Features ... Griffin Technology iFire Adapter and Amplifier for Apple
    Pro Speakers - 5216 ...
    www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=24-001-113&depa=0

    Adder Technology AdderView AV4OSD (AV4OSDE) Multi Console Switche - Adder
    Technology AdderView AV4OSD (AV4OSDE) ...
    Buy Cheap Electronics and Electrical items at Nitro-Electricals
    www.nitro-computers.co.uk/Multi_Console_Switches.html

    MBGJ's Guide to Abbreviations from MBGJ.ORG Limited
    MBGJ's Guide to technical Abrevations. These pages are sponsored by : Alpha
    fast locate. A. B. C. D. E. F. G. H. I. J. K. L. M. N. O. P. Q. R. S. T. U.
    V. W. X. Y. Z ... Defined Function .ADF Adapter Description File (file name
    .... Alternating Voice and Data AVG Average AVI Audio Visual ... DVE Digital
    Video Effect DVI Digital Video Interactive .DVI Device ...
    www.mbgj.org/acronym0.html

    Computers for sale, second hand or newSomerset, Dorset, Devon and Cornwall.
    Computers and computer parts for sale in the south west.Laptops, moniters.
    The Trading Post U.K. . ... New BT Ignition Terminal adapter. c/w box
    manuals ... Radeon 9200 Graphics with DVI TV Out, Galaxy ATX Midi ...
    Microsoft updates), Software preloaded: AVG Antivirus Software / Nero 6 ...
    www.westcountrylinks.co.uk/forsale/computers.htm

    Autosearch from the IE address bar has been improved. If you prefer, you can
    restore the original settings.

    .. Did you find what you were looking for? Send us Feedback!
    Shopping Results
    Find it on eBay.co.uk
    eBay, the world's largest online marketplace
    Click here to buy and sell "avg to dvi adapter" on ebay.co.uk

    Find ''avg to dvi adapter'' at ThomsonLocal.com

    Results 1-15 of about 1034 containing "avg to dvi adapter" NEXT >>

    WebNewsShoppingEncartaGroups

    MSN Search is improved! Check it out.
    Download Free MSN Toolbar

    Try MSN Internet Software for FREE!
    MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Shopping | Money | People & Groups Webmasters
    | Help

    ©2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use Advertise
    TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement Anti-Spam Policy

    HF, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Thor Guest

    It's not going to do you any good to use one of those little analog/DVI
    connection adapters. To go digital, you need to have BOTH a video card with
    a DVI digital output, and an LCD monitor with a DVI input, and use a DVI-D
    or DVI-I cable depending on what connection your monitor supports. DVI has
    three basic connection types. DVI-A (analog) DVI-D (digital) and DVI-I
    (carries analog or digital). If your video card has the standard VGA
    connector, then that is analog, and if you use a DVI connection adapter, the
    only thing you will accomplish is feeding the same analog signal, but with
    the DVI-I or DVI-A connector, thus no net benefit because the signal is not
    converted to digital in any way, rather the connector type is changed. You
    need a new video card with a DVI output.

    Thor, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Trey Guest

    Thor wrote:
    > It's not going to do you any good to use one of those little
    > analog/DVI connection adapters. To go digital, you need to have BOTH
    > a video card with a DVI digital output, and an LCD monitor with a DVI
    > input, and use a DVI-D or DVI-I cable depending on what connection
    > your monitor supports. DVI has three basic connection types. DVI-A
    > (analog) DVI-D (digital) and DVI-I (carries analog or digital). If
    > your video card has the standard VGA connector, then that is analog,
    > and if you use a DVI connection adapter, the only thing you will
    > accomplish is feeding the same analog signal, but with the DVI-I or
    > DVI-A connector, thus no net benefit because the signal is not
    > converted to digital in any way, rather the connector type is
    > changed. You need a new video card with a DVI output.

    There are VGA to DVI-D converters, but they are about $300

    Here is one for way too much.
    http://www2.dvigear.com/vgatodvicosc.html

    And here is a less extreme price tag
    http://www.networktechinc.com/dvi-vga.html

    http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/DVI_ADC-converter.html
    Trey, Dec 22, 2004
  5. Thor Guest

    "Trey" <> wrote in message
    > Thor wrote:
    >> It's not going to do you any good to use one of those little
    >> analog/DVI connection adapters. To go digital, you need to have BOTH
    >> a video card with a DVI digital output, and an LCD monitor with a DVI
    >> input, and use a DVI-D or DVI-I cable depending on what connection
    >> your monitor supports. DVI has three basic connection types. DVI-A
    >> (analog) DVI-D (digital) and DVI-I (carries analog or digital). If
    >> your video card has the standard VGA connector, then that is analog,
    >> and if you use a DVI connection adapter, the only thing you will
    >> accomplish is feeding the same analog signal, but with the DVI-I or
    >> DVI-A connector, thus no net benefit because the signal is not
    >> converted to digital in any way, rather the connector type is
    >> changed. You need a new video card with a DVI output.

    > There are VGA to DVI-D converters, but they are about $300
    >
    > Here is one for way too much.
    > http://www2.dvigear.com/vgatodvicosc.html
    >
    > And here is a less extreme price tag
    > http://www.networktechinc.com/dvi-vga.html
    >
    > http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/DVI_ADC-converter.html

    LOL! figures someone would have a gadget to do that. I was thinking of those
    little gender changers that convert the DB15 VGA connection to an analog DVI
    though. Still, it's interesting someone even bothers to make full-blown A/D
    converters, given the high price tag. Note that the second one you listed
    actually only converts DVI-D to VGA for use with VGA monitors. Nonetheless,
    one can buy an extremely nice video card with native DVI output for less
    than any of them.
    Thor, Dec 23, 2004
  6. Trey Guest

    Thor wrote:
    > "Trey" <> wrote in message
    >> Thor wrote:
    >>> It's not going to do you any good to use one of those little
    >>> analog/DVI connection adapters. To go digital, you need to have BOTH
    >>> a video card with a DVI digital output, and an LCD monitor with a
    >>> DVI input, and use a DVI-D or DVI-I cable depending on what
    >>> connection your monitor supports. DVI has three basic connection
    >>> types. DVI-A (analog) DVI-D (digital) and DVI-I (carries analog or
    >>> digital). If your video card has the standard VGA connector, then
    >>> that is analog, and if you use a DVI connection adapter, the only
    >>> thing you will accomplish is feeding the same analog signal, but
    >>> with the DVI-I or DVI-A connector, thus no net benefit because the
    >>> signal is not converted to digital in any way, rather the connector
    >>> type is changed. You need a new video card with a DVI output.

    >> There are VGA to DVI-D converters, but they are about $300
    >>
    >> Here is one for way too much.
    >> http://www2.dvigear.com/vgatodvicosc.html
    >>
    >> And here is a less extreme price tag
    >> http://www.networktechinc.com/dvi-vga.html
    >>
    >> http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/DVI_ADC-converter.html

    > LOL! figures someone would have a gadget to do that. I was thinking
    > of those little gender changers that convert the DB15 VGA connection
    > to an analog DVI though. Still, it's interesting someone even bothers
    > to make full-blown A/D converters, given the high price tag. Note
    > that the second one you listed actually only converts DVI-D to VGA
    > for use with VGA monitors. Nonetheless, one can buy an extremely nice
    > video card with native DVI output for less than any of them.

    We have some of those VGA - DVI adapters that you mention, but it only
    converts VGA to DVI-A, so if you have a DVI-D display, and a proprietary
    system with VGA coming out with it, then there is a need to convert the VGA
    signal to a DVI-D signal, but yes, for the price, its cheaper to just get a
    new display or video card. As we did at my office.
    Trey, Dec 23, 2004
  7. ExRaton

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Display must be compatible with ANALOG DVI signals

    I've noted a number of people still having problems with the VGA to DVI adapters "not working" and because there are some other good answers in this thread (even though it is quite old), I thought I'd consolidate a much more detailed explanation here and provide a description of the problem using an "everyday" consumer device as an example.

    Unless you're simply willing to take the risk, I think the lesson here (for those who find out that a particular VGA to DVI acable dapter doesn't work with their display) is that unless you can find reliable information that the display's DVI input supports analog signals, you have to assume worst case...that the display supports only DVI-D Single Link signal inputs from the DVI input port.

    Many displays electrically support DVI-D (D=digital signals) only even though their connector physically accepts a DVI-A (carries analog video signals ONLY) or a DVI-I (analog and digital*) cable. But VGA video signals are analog only. Note that a DVI-D display connector will not physically accept a DVI-A or DVI-I cable connector, but a DVI-I display connector will physically accept all three DVI cable connectors (DVI-I, DVI-A, and DVI-D).

    The Ultra "HD15/M TO DVI-I/F" adapter is not an analog (VGA) signal to digital (DVI-D) signal converter (such an adapter/analog-to-digital signal converter) typically costs US$100 and up. I've seen one as high as US$220. As a result, if your display's DVI input does not support analog signal inputs, then it won't work regardless of which cable and passive adapters you use. Even if the cable's connector physically "fits" your display's DVI connector, it's the electronics inside the display that apply here. Some manufacturer's use a DVI-I compatible connector on the display even when the display electronics themselves are only compatible with DVI-D (digital).

    Here's an example using more common devices. In this example, pretend that 220Volts power represents Digital signals and 110Volts power represents Analog signals, and the 110Volt to 220Volt connector adapter represents the VGA to DVI connector adapter. The toothbrush that works only with 220Volt power represents your display that works ONLY with digital signals.

    The toothbrush runs only on 220Volts, but the cable itself can handle both 220Volts power and 110Volts power but ends in a plug that fits only 220Volt power outlets. So if you buy a 110Volt power outlet to 220Volt power cable connector adapter and plug your toothbrush's power cable + adapter into 110Volts, the toothbrush still won't work...it needs the 220Volts power to work properly...which it is not getting! Like the VGA to DVI adapter, the power adapter didn't actually Boost/Convert the 110Volts power up to 220Volts power. All it did was let the cable connector (plug) "fit" into the 110Volt power outlet socket. So even though all the connectors all physically "fit"...the toothbrush still doesn't work. It's not getting the right "signal" so to speak.

    Check the display's detailed specs. It should specify the DVI cable signals supported. However, retailers and manufacturers are providing less and less detailed display specs to the buyer these days when in fact it's becoming increasingly important to know exactly what your display supports. I've found this particularly true regarding the input and output signal connectors. For example, for some retailers the only thing they said about the DVI connector on a given display was the quantity of connectors (e.g. DVI=1). But the Owner's ManualL specified the display supported ONLY DVI-D inputs signals. Therefore, this $5 "VGA to DVI" adapter would NOT work for that display because the signals from the VGA port are analog before and after the adapter. So to get the needed details you may have to go to the manufacturer's website, download the Owner's Manual (if available), or even call the manufacturer's tech support to get the detailed supported input (and output) signal specification information. In some cases even first-level tech support doesn't know (of course) and it takes time to get the details. In some cases I've found the display input details only in detailed website reviews like PCperspective (not user reviews). The reviewer tested the display and discovered critical information not included even in the manufacturer's information on the product.

    For example, a PCperspectives review detailed a display's video input specs like this. Note also that it clearly states "DVI-D", even though for some reason he separated the DVI-D and D-sub (VGA) inputs connectors from the "Video Input" information. Weird.)
    "PC Input: DVI-D/D-Sub
    Video Input: Component(YPbPr)/HDMI"

    Whereas the tigerdirect website provided only the minimal info below, and that was only in the accompanying pictures with lines connecting the labels to the respective connector in the picture. There wasn't even a "specification" section in the product page...just a very simplistic "Product Information" section!!!
    HD Port
    DVI Port
    HDMI Port

    And, newegg showed these slightly more helpful (but still insufficient) details in the "Specifications"
    CONNECTIVITY
    Input Video Compatibility Analog RGB, Digital
    Connectors: D-Sub, DVI, HDMI, Component, SPDIF out
    D-Sub: 1
    DVI: 1
    Video: Component
    HDMI: 1

    Even in the display's "Owner's Manual" the only place where the DVI specification shows it supports only DVI-D signals is in a VERY complex table that shows you what timings the display supports. And even then it was deeply buried in the table. The table is much too complicated to include here.

    *single or dual-link
    ExRaton, Aug 13, 2010
  8. luecjennifer

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    One of the finest avg to dvi adapter/converter

    Its so easy to find a dvi-d to vga converter or a vga to dvi-d converter. This would fit in your needs ww.kvmstuff.com/video-routing/video-converters/vga-to-dvi-d-converter.html
    luecjennifer, Aug 27, 2010