    Lets, try for another to be the ultimate:)

    Hows about....................

    Osprey

    Osprey, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Osprey

    Richard Guest

    Osprey wrote:>>

    > A way of making sure it's at the top of the list in NG's.

    > Lets, try for another to be the ultimate:)

    > Hows about....................

    > Osprey

    Actually it's not first on the list. There are literally several hundred
    groups on the official list shown before 24hshd. It's just that most
    services don't want to carry them because they're mainly joke groups.
    If you saw the official list, you'd see a long list of names where it looks
    like somebody tried their hand at ascii art work.

    Richard, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Osprey

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard said:

    > Osprey wrote:>>
    >
    > > A way of making sure it's at the top of the list in NG's.

    > > Lets, try for another to be the ultimate:)

    > > Hows about....................

    > > Osprey

    > Actually it's not first on the list. There are literally several hundred
    > groups on the official list shown before 24hshd. It's just that most
    > services don't want to carry them because they're mainly joke groups.
    > If you saw the official list, you'd see a long list of names where it looks
    > like somebody tried their hand at ascii art work.

    What part of the OP's post makes you think he said it was top of the list?
    "A way of making sure it's at the top" doesn't translate to "it's at the top,
    let's find a way of keeping it there".
    Or are you just coming out with any old shit just to let people know you still
    have a roof over your head?

    Brian H¹©, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Osprey

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:>>

    > > Richard said:

    > >> Actually it's not first on the list. There are literally several hundred
    > >> groups on the official list shown before 24hshd. It's just that most
    > >> services don't want to carry them because they're mainly joke groups.
    > >> If you saw the official list, you'd see a long list of names where it
    > >> looks like somebody tried their hand at ascii art work.

    > > What part of the OP's post makes you think he said it was top of the
    > > list? "A way of making sure it's at the top" doesn't translate to "it's
    > > at the top, let's find a way of keeping it there".
    > > Or are you just coming out with any old shit just to let people know you
    > > still have a roof over your head?

    > Comprehend what I was communicating, asshole. Even though this group is
    > first on the list of many ISP's and news services, it is there because they
    > do not wish to carry the hundreds of oddball groups listed above it in the
    > official group list, which is kept at isc.org I believe.
    > This is where the news services get the official charter to read before they
    > implement a new group.
    > Suggest you learn how usenet works.

    He didn't say it was at the top of the list, so there was no reason for you to
    rebuke him and tell him that it isn't at the top of the list.
    At no time did he say it *was* at the top of the list.
    To make sure something is at the top (or gets to the top, or makes it to the
    top), isn't the same as make sure it remains at the top. And doesn't mean that
    it is already at the top either.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 7, 2003
  5. Richard Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    in <>:

    <snip>

    > Suggest you learn how usenet works.

    BWAHAHAHAHALOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Oh wait. You're serious? <Snicker>

    My wife knows more about the net than you do....and she's picked
    all her knowlege up by osmosis. <Stifles belly-laugh>

    So, why are you uinder the impression that you know more about the
    internet <Laughs> than Brian H, oh Richard of the port 80 Internet.
    <Chuckle>

    NOI
    --

    There must be wonderful paintings on the walls of his ass, for his
    head to be stuck up there for so long...!

    Thund3rstruck, Aug 7, 2003
  6. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote:

    > Richard said:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© wrote:>>

    >> > What part of the OP's post makes you think he said it was top of the
    >> > list? "A way of making sure it's at the top" doesn't translate to "it's
    >> > at the top, let's find a way of keeping it there".
    >> > Or are you just coming out with any old shit just to let people know you
    >> > still have a roof over your head?

    >> Comprehend what I was communicating, asshole. Even though this group is
    >> first on the list of many ISP's and news services, it is there because they
    >> do not wish to carry the hundreds of oddball groups listed above it in the
    >> official group list, which is kept at isc.org I believe.
    >> This is where the news services get the official charter to read before they
    >> implement a new group.
    >> Suggest you learn how usenet works.

    >He didn't say it was at the top of the list, so there was no reason for you to
    >rebuke him and tell him that it isn't at the top of the list.
    >At no time did he say it *was* at the top of the list.
    >To make sure something is at the top (or gets to the top, or makes it to the
    >top), isn't the same as make sure it remains at the top. And doesn't mean that
    >it is already at the top either.

    It's hard to discern which of you two 'St00pids' is the St00pidest.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 10, 2003