  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    I remember reading about it a few years back.
    Rich, Jun 15, 2009

  2. Rich

    daveFaktor Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > I remember reading about it a few years back.

    Enlarging the images was a problem!
    daveFaktor, Jun 15, 2009

  3. Rich

    Eric Stevens Guest

    On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <>
    wrote:

    >I remember reading about it a few years back.

    Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
    http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b

    The idea still seems to be alive and well.

    Eric Stevens
    Eric Stevens, Jun 15, 2009
  4. Rich

    daveFaktor Guest

    Eric Stevens wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I remember reading about it a few years back.

    > Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
    > http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b
    >
    > The idea still seems to be alive and well.
    >

    > Eric Stevens

    A serious problem with Google is dates.
    They never but the date of the last entry in a link and it could very
    well be 2 years old if no other site has more recent info conforming to
    their idea of a relevant site.
    daveFaktor, Jun 15, 2009
  5. Rich

    mike Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I remember reading about it a few years back.

    > Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
    > http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b
    >
    > The idea still seems to be alive and well.

    I took a look at "Physics Buzz", the first link in the search. How the
    hell did they get the mandrill to sit still for 15 minutes?

    Mike
    mike, Jun 16, 2009
  6. Rich

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <> wrote:
    : I remember reading about it a few years back.

    I think you'll find that it was discredited a while back, when it was
    discovered that the human eye has more than one pixel.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jun 22, 2009
  7. Rich

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:43:33 +1000, daveFaktor <> wrote:
    : Rich wrote:
    : > I remember reading about it a few years back.
    :
    : Enlarging the images was a problem!

    Didn't you once claim that you had a way of doing it?

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jun 22, 2009
  8. Rich

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:09:27 +1200, mike <>
    wrote:
    : In article <>,
    : says...
    : > On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <>
    : > wrote:
    : >
    : > >I remember reading about it a few years back.
    : >
    : >
    : > Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
    : > http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b
    : >
    : > The idea still seems to be alive and well.
    : >
    : I took a look at "Physics Buzz", the first link in the search. How
    : the hell did they get the mandrill to sit still for 15 minutes?

    They read him mind-numbing gibberish from Rich's Usenet articles.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jun 22, 2009
  9. Rich

    John Turco Guest

    Robert Coe wrote:

    > On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:09:27 +1200, mike <>
    > wrote:
    > : In article <>,
    > : says...
    > : > On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <>
    > : > wrote:
    > : >
    > : > >I remember reading about it a few years back.
    > : >
    > : >
    > : > Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
    > : > http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b
    > : >
    > : > The idea still seems to be alive and well.
    > : >
    > : I took a look at "Physics Buzz", the first link in the search. How
    > : the hell did they get the mandrill to sit still for 15 minutes?
    >
    > They read him mind-numbing gibberish from Rich's Usenet articles.
    >
    > Bob

    Hello, Bob:

    How could you abide such blatant cruelty to animals? :)

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>
    John Turco, Jun 26, 2009
  10. Rich

    Paul Furman Guest

    mike wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I remember reading about it a few years back.

    >> Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
    >> http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b
    >>
    >> The idea still seems to be alive and well.
    >>

    > I took a look at "Physics Buzz", the first link in the search. How the
    > hell did they get the mandrill to sit still for 15 minutes?

    Looks like they took a photo of a photo. Here's the best link I found:
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081014134021.htm
    -some interesting related stories there too

    Seems like the advantage is high sensitivity & low cost for imaging
    faint spectrum stuff similar to x-rays. I don't really get the random
    pattern interferometer thingy <g>.

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Jun 27, 2009
  11. Rich

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 00:30:33 -0500, John Turco <> wrote:
    : Robert Coe wrote:
    : >
    : > On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:09:27 +1200, mike <>
    : > wrote:
    : > : In article <>,
    : > : says...
    : > : > On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Rich <>
    : > : > wrote:
    : > : >
    : > : > >I remember reading about it a few years back.
    : > : >
    : > : >
    : > : > Here is the result of Google search on the subject.
    : > : > http://tinyurl.com/nfz78b
    : > : >
    : > : > The idea still seems to be alive and well.
    : > : >
    : > : I took a look at "Physics Buzz", the first link in the search. How
    : > : the hell did they get the mandrill to sit still for 15 minutes?
    : >
    : > They read him mind-numbing gibberish from Rich's Usenet articles.
    : >
    : > Bob
    :
    :
    : Hello, Bob:
    :
    : How could you abide such blatant cruelty to animals? :)

    I was already asleep.

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jun 27, 2009