    Roger Abell
    Microsoft MVP (Windows, Security)
    MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
    Roger Abell, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Roger Abell

    Lady Guest

    There's good information here. You just simply have to ignore some posts.

    Lady, Aug 24, 2003

  3. Roger Abell

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:24:01 -0500, "Lady" <> wrote:

    >There's good information here. You just simply have to ignore some posts.

    Or... realize that valid questions get valid answers... and people who
    think they're ready to be certified systems engineers but can't locate
    microsoft.com/traincert get treated like dumbasses.
    |{evin, Aug 24, 2003
  4. Roger Abell

    Rick Sears Guest

    I think this group has a Darwin thing going on. If Microsoft will not trim
    out the unfit maybe this group will. The MCSE certification would be far
    more respected if it was treated as survival of the fittest by Microsoft. I
    really have to question if they even care what type of canidates are being
    turned out on the market.
    This is of course just one mans humble opinion.

    Rick

    Rick Sears, Aug 24, 2003
  5. Roger Abell

    John Guest

    Now I am becoming really scared. I have recently been
    through the classes for MCSE and I am working on my exams
    (I have five to go). When I started into this track, my
    company closed its doors. At this time I am looking for
    work.
    Now, I see that the flood of able MCSE's in the field is
    becoming slim and the MCSE that I used to work with can't
    find a position.
    Is this do to the bad name that MS certifications are
    getting?

    John, Aug 24, 2003
  6. "Lady" <> wrote in message
    > There's good information here. You just simply have to ignore some posts.

    My serenade was lost on you, eh?

    --
    Fris "Gentleman" beeĀ® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Aug 24, 2003
  7. Roger Abell

    JaR Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Now I am becoming really scared. I have recently been
    > through the classes for MCSE and I am working on my exams
    > (I have five to go). When I started into this track, my
    > company closed its doors. At this time I am looking for
    > work.
    > Now, I see that the flood of able MCSE's in the field is
    > becoming slim and the MCSE that I used to work with can't
    > find a position.
    > Is this do to the bad name that MS certifications are
    > getting?

    Partly.

    But even more is the simple fact that most tech companies are falling all
    over each other in the race to move jobs overseas. It's not just the MCSE
    that's affected, but all tech jobs. For every opening in this country, there
    are hundreds of over-qualified applicants.

    --
    J.R. Jones
    MCSA, A+, Net+

    'It was pity that stayed his hand. "It's a pity I'm out of
    bullets", he said.' --unknown
    JaR, Aug 24, 2003
  8. Roger Abell

    Gary - US Guest

    MCSE for the most part....thank Microsoft and the off-shoring movement for
    that.

    --

    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    ** Kindly Do The Needful **

    Gary - US, Aug 24, 2003
  9. Roger Abell

    Gary - US Guest

    Waaaaaaaa

    Gary - US, Aug 24, 2003
  10. Roger Abell

    Gary - US Guest

    Exactly

    Gary - US, Aug 24, 2003
  11. Roger Abell

    Gary - US Guest

    Come on Rick. All they care about is the money. Get real. It's always been
    about the money.

    Gary - US, Aug 24, 2003
  12. Roger Abell

    Herb Martin Guest

    No, it's just people who cannot sell themselves or who
    didn't really learn anything who are belly achin'.

    When the MCP and MCSE first started, people use to
    complain, "It's worthless because no one knows what it
    is."

    You have to learn and YOU have to sell yourself.

    There is always work (somewhere) for smart, capable,
    hard working people who want to learn and who will
    actually contribute something to the BUSINESS.

    --
    Herb Martin
    Herb Martin, Aug 29, 2003
  13. Roger Abell

    Lady Guest

    Yes, there is always work for smart, capable, hard-working people. Some
    people may not think much of the MCSE status, but employere still ask for
    it. And they're the ones paying our salaries.

    A friend recently applied for a job that not only requires the MCSE, but
    insisted that Exchange must be one of the tests passed and wanted a copy of
    the applicant's MCP Transcript with the resume and cover letter.

    For the positive, able, and certified IT Professional, there will always be
    work.

    Lady, Aug 29, 2003