Whatelse I have to study ? Exam - 70-305

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Sharmila, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. Sharmila

    Sharmila Guest

    Hi,

    I am been preparing from a while for exam - 70-305 Book
    Mike Gunderloy.I have been practicing all the examples as
    I study them.I keep surfing net to read more(not much).
    I have yet to finish completing the book.

    Please can anyone let me know what else I need to know and
    how much more practice I should do in order to pass the
    exam for sure and with best results.
    Is there any special Topic I should concentrate on while
    studying or explore more.

    If anyone has used or seen Mike Gunderloy book,I would
    like to know that Is the amount of material on each topic
    covered by him enough especially Data binding,XML ,Web
    service and all.

    I just want to be confident enough before i jump into the
    exam.

    Sharmila, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Sharmila

    om Guest

    Sharmila..
    Thanks for your reply on "code behind with
    precompilation"...

    I'm also preparing for 70-305 exam from Mike gunderloy. I
    have just finished 1st chapter. I also have the same doubt
    as you. I was just wondering if you know VB or Vb.net or
    ASP prior to your preparation for this exam.. If I don't
    know any of those languages, will I still be able to
    follow the Mike gunderloy's book for the exam.

    Is working knowledge a must for appearing for the exam
    although as someone as mentioned in this forum that it
    would be a + to face the exam.

    any input is appreciated,

    -om

    om, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Sharmila

    Sharmila Guest

    Hi Om,

    Well I know VB and have had some experience with it.I have
    not done VB.Net yet.U need to know the basics of web based
    applications and programming.
    ASP.net is completely new.No ASP knowledge required.
    As far as the book goes.The book is nice.But i too have
    the same question.Weather it will be enough !.This wouldU
    need to explore more on topics I guess.For example the
    question u asked.The book does not have much on that does
    it.I found that stuff on internet.
    So just keep your mind wide open i guess....Good luck..
    I am waiting for someone to reply for my question hope to
    get some views from experienced guys out there....

    Sharmila, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Sharmila

    Kumar Reddi Guest

    I havent used GunderLoy books. I did my exams in C# track and thus used Amit
    Kalani. His books and GunderLoy books are considered to be clones in
    different languages. Amit Kalani books are more than enough if you go
    through them properly. And ofcourse there is always MSDN site if you do not
    understand any particular topic. But I dont think you would need to buy some
    other book, in addition to these Que books. They are the best for these
    exams and cover the material to the extent you need to pass.

    kumar

    Kumar Reddi, Mar 4, 2004
  5. Sharmila

    Eric Guest

    The book is great. The sample questions are a little easier than the
    real test. Transcenders and MesaureUp have better sample tests.

    Study these areas in addition to the book:

    Code Access Security and XPathNavigator

    Eric, Mar 4, 2004
  6. Sharmila

    Sharmila Guest