    using a Benq projector I see the quicktime frame but no image!!! What!!! ...
    it's true! Any ideas? (As a teacher it's a bit hard to have a class
    crowding round a laptop!!

    JohnM, Sep 23, 2006

  2. JohnM

    philo Guest

    "JohnM" <> wrote in message
    news:ef36l4$n6s$1$...
    > My laptop quite happily shows me quicktime videos. When I project the

    image
    > using a Benq projector I see the quicktime frame but no image!!! What!!!

    > it's true! Any ideas? (As a teacher it's a bit hard to have a class
    > crowding round a laptop!!

    Ask your students how to do it :)

    philo, Sep 23, 2006

  3. JohnM

    Changstein Guest

    "JohnM" <> wrote in

    > My laptop quite happily shows me quicktime videos. When I project the
    > image using a Benq projector I see the quicktime frame but no image!!!
    > What!!! ... it's true! Any ideas? (As a teacher it's a bit hard to
    > have a class crowding round a laptop!!

    How about a 24" (or bigger) flatscreen monitor, hooked up to the PC via a
    typical VGA port -- which almost certainly your laptop has built into it.
    It will be a bit pricey (it would on this side the pond), but end the fire-
    hazard crowding -- and just maybe you can get the school to pay for it as
    an AV resource :)

    Changstein

    Changstein, Sep 23, 2006
  4. JohnM

    MJP Guest

    On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 12:43:39 +0100, JohnM wrote:

    > My laptop quite happily shows me quicktime videos. When I project the
    > image using a Benq projector I see the quicktime frame but no image!!!
    > What!!! ... it's true! Any ideas? (As a teacher it's a bit hard to have
    > a class crowding round a laptop!!

    Try turning down the hardware acceleration of the graphics card.

    MJP

    MJP, Sep 23, 2006
  5. JohnM

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya JohnM.

    In <news:ef36l4$n6s$1$> you wrote:

    > My laptop quite happily shows me quicktime videos. When I project the image
    > using a Benq projector I see the quicktime frame but no image!!! What!!! ...
    > it's true! Any ideas? (As a teacher it's a bit hard to have a class
    > crowding round a laptop!!

    Set the projector as primary display.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Sep 23, 2006
  6. JohnM

    edgy Guest

    "JohnM" <> wrote in message
    > My laptop quite happily shows me quicktime videos. When I project the
    > image using a Benq projector I see the quicktime frame but no image!!!
    > What!!! ... it's true! Any ideas? (As a teacher it's a bit hard to have
    > a class crowding round a laptop!!

    Ive had this before...try this:

    rightclick on the desktop, properties, advanced, displays, and set the
    projector as the main screen by clicking on the top left corner and pressing
    apply. now your laptop screen probably will show the black box and your
    projector will show the video.

    edgy, Sep 24, 2006