What you need to get the best out of HL 2

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by William Bell, Nov 19, 2004.

  1. William Bell

    William Bell Guest

    William Bell, Nov 19, 2004

  2. William Bell

    cowboyz Guest

    "William Bell" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Half-Life 2 Performance Preview: The Graphics Hardware Squeezer
    >

    > http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/half-life.html

    To cut a long story short, it basically says you need an Ati card. Even
    last gen Ati cards can keep up with the new 6800GTs. Hmmmmm.

    cowboyz, Nov 20, 2004

  3. William Bell

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    cowboyz wrote:
    > "William Bell" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Half-Life 2 Performance Preview: The Graphics Hardware Squeezer
    >>

    >>http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/half-life.html
    >>

    > To cut a long story short, it basically says you need an Ati card. Even
    > last gen Ati cards can keep up with the new 6800GTs. Hmmmmm.

    I'm sure an AMD CPU would help too..

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 20, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    says...

    > Half-Life 2 Performance Preview: The Graphics Hardware Squeezer

    What do you need to get anything out of HL2??? That sort of thing just
    totally passes me by. If I want to go blast away at things I take the
    ..22 and go shoot some rabbits and possums - at least I do something
    useful that way.

    -P.

    --
    ***************
    direct replies to peters[underscore]spambot[at]

    Peter Huebner, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Peter Huebner wrote:

    > What do you need to get anything out of HL2??? That sort of thing just
    > totally passes me by. If I want to go blast away at things I take the
    > .22 and go shoot some rabbits and possums - at least I do something
    > useful that way.

    You could also combine the two:

    http://www.live-shot.com/

    Unfortunately, there are no possums in the list of available species
    (http://www.live-shot.com/species.shtml)...

    Martin

    Martin Kaufmann, Nov 20, 2004