What you got for Xmas!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Modemac, Dec 25, 2003.

  1. Modemac

    Modemac Guest

    Yeah, I know...this is a message thread for ego stroking. But so
    what? I want to blab about the DVDs I got for Christmas, and you do
    too! (Why else would you be reading this?)

    I got:

    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Extended Edition
    (yeah!)
    The Matrix Reloaded
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    Saving Private Ryan
    Blazing Saddles
    Galaxyquest

    Personally, I would have preferred to received some more esoteric DVDs
    such as "Full Metal Jacket," "The War of the Worlds," or "The General"
    (the Buster Keaton one), but I wasn't about to tell them that when
    they gave them to me. :)

    What did you get?

    --
    First Online Church of "Bob"
    http://www.modemac.com/

    Modemac, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Modemac

    EvilN8 Guest

    From Hell
    Office Space
    Stir of Echoes
    Facedown Records DVD Vol. 1
    Blazing Saddles
    Young Frankenstein
    The Ring
    Snatch
    Hellfest 2002
    Dragging the Lake Video Magazine DVD

    EvilN8, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Modemac

    SBFan2000 Guest

    I only got Mash Season 5, but thats by design! I don't ask or want DVDs
    from other people because I'm the only person in my family that knows
    anything about technology. If I ask for DVDs I would get worthless fool
    screen editions. So obviously I prefer to buy them myself!

    I did ask for MASH though because I knew that was orginally full screen and
    that was all that was available anyway!

    Of course that doesn't include the $300 order from deepdiscount during the
    %20 off sale! That was my christmas gift to me. :)

    I got:

    2 days in the valley
    jurassic park
    congo
    x-files fight the future
    batteries not included
    flight of the intruder
    they live
    last action hero
    when the parties over
    renaissance man
    man of the house
    You've got mail
    bruce almighty
    red heat
    jungle 2 jungle
    home alone 1,2, and 3
    turbulence
    jurassic park 2 lost world
    practical magic
    fire down below
    kingpin
    robin williams live
    total recall
    Cube signature series
    while you were sleeping
    i'll be home for christmas
    kindergarden cop
    for richer or poorer

    SBFan2000, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Modemac

    Ray Guest

    > What did you get?

    I sold my laserdisc player and discs (about 60 titles) earlier this year.
    I've been slowly but surely replacing the titles since then. Today I got:

    Citizen Kane
    Vertigo
    Taxi Driver
    Platoon
    The Silence of the Lambs
    The Princess Bride
    Rocky

    I also got Scarface, which was not part of my LD collection, but was still
    much appreciated. Plus, I am seeing other family members this weekend, so
    the list may grow.

    Ray

    Ray, Dec 26, 2003
  5. Modemac

    JMH Guest

    freaky friday
    remember the titans
    american pie 2
    liar liar
    the power of one (bought for myself though)

    JMH, Dec 26, 2003
  6. Modemac

    Jay Stewart Guest

    Under our tree:

    In Cold Blood
    Donnie Darko
    Cosmos
    The Spike Jonze Collection
    Trailer Park Boys - Seasons 1 & 2
    Seabiscuit
    Finding Nemo
    Led Zeppelin
    Never Mind the Bollocks - The Sex Pistols
    Ben Harper - Live at the Hollywood Bowl

    A great and eclectic year!

    --
    Jay

    "Good artists borrow, great artists steal."
    -- Anonymous (usually attributed to Pablo Picasso or T.S. Eliot)

    Jay Stewart, Dec 26, 2003
  7. Modemac

    Clay Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:33:35 GMT, Modemac <> wrote:

    >Yeah, I know...this is a message thread for ego stroking. But so
    >what? I want to blab about the DVDs I got for Christmas, and you do
    >too! (Why else would you be reading this?)
    >
    >I got:
    >
    > The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Extended Edition
    >(yeah!)
    > The Matrix Reloaded
    > The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    > Saving Private Ryan
    > Blazing Saddles
    > Galaxyquest
    >
    >Personally, I would have preferred to received some more esoteric DVDs
    >such as "Full Metal Jacket," "The War of the Worlds," or "The General"
    >(the Buster Keaton one), but I wasn't about to tell them that when
    >they gave them to me. :)
    >
    >What did you get?

    I got:

    The Abominable Dr Phibes
    Dr Phibes Rises Again
    Pirates of the Caribbean

    and.....

    A Pioneer A06 dvd burner

    Gave my gf:

    The Complete Monty Python Flying Circus tv shows on dvd
    Austin Powers: Goldmember

    Clay, Dec 26, 2003
  8. Modemac

    AceoHearts Guest

    I had a real good DVD Christmas / Hanukkah (I am Jewish, wife is Methodist)

    I got :
    Portable DVD player with 7" wide screen display
    Band of Brothers
    $75 in Best Buy gift cards which I plan on using to get the Boogie Pop
    Phantom Box set and A Christmas Story

    Wife got:
    Indiana Jones Trilogy

    Son got:
    Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
    Frosty the Snowman
    Santa Claus is coming to Town
    The Year Without a Santa Claus
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    Bob the Builder : A Christmas to Remember

    I was also told by my wife that we are expecting another little munchkin at
    the end of next summer.

    AceoHearts

    AceoHearts, Dec 26, 2003
  9. Modemac

    nickske Guest

    "AceoHearts" <> schreef in bericht
    > I had a real good DVD Christmas / Hanukkah (I am Jewish, wife is

    Methodist)

    > I got :
    > Portable DVD player with 7" wide screen display
    > Band of Brothers
    > $75 in Best Buy gift cards which I plan on using to get the Boogie Pop
    > Phantom Box set and A Christmas Story
    >
    > Wife got:
    > Indiana Jones Trilogy
    >
    > Son got:
    > Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
    > Frosty the Snowman
    > Santa Claus is coming to Town
    > The Year Without a Santa Claus
    > How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    > Bob the Builder : A Christmas to Remember
    >
    > I was also told by my wife that we are expecting another little munchkin

    at
    > the end of next summer.
    >
    > AceoHearts

    Now, that last one is the most important.

    Congratulations m8

    Nickske

    nickske, Dec 26, 2003
  10. Modemac

    JMH Guest

    "AceoHearts" <> wrote in message
    > I had a real good DVD Christmas / Hanukkah (I am Jewish, wife is

    Methodist)

    > I got :
    > Portable DVD player with 7" wide screen display
    > Band of Brothers
    > $75 in Best Buy gift cards which I plan on using to get the Boogie Pop
    > Phantom Box set and A Christmas Story
    >
    > Wife got:
    > Indiana Jones Trilogy
    >
    > Son got:
    > Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
    > Frosty the Snowman
    > Santa Claus is coming to Town
    > The Year Without a Santa Claus
    > How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    > Bob the Builder : A Christmas to Remember
    >
    > I was also told by my wife that we are expecting another little munchkin

    at
    > the end of next summer.
    >
    > AceoHearts

    Congrats all around!!!

    JMH, Dec 26, 2003
  11. Modemac

    Mike Davis Guest

    > I had a real good DVD Christmas / Hanukkah (I am Jewish, wife is

    Methodist)

    > I got :
    > Portable DVD player with 7" wide screen display
    > Band of Brothers
    > $75 in Best Buy gift cards which I plan on using to get the Boogie Pop
    > Phantom Box set and A Christmas Story
    >
    > Wife got:
    > Indiana Jones Trilogy
    >
    > Son got:
    > Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
    > Frosty the Snowman
    > Santa Claus is coming to Town
    > The Year Without a Santa Claus
    > How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    > Bob the Builder : A Christmas to Remember
    >
    > I was also told by my wife that we are expecting another little munchkin

    at
    > the end of next summer.
    >
    > AceoHearts

    Well congrats are in order Ace!
    Jeez, I got a new truck, but a new curtain climber is much cooler <ggg>
    We already had two older girls when the "Son" came along as a surprise. Yes
    I spoil him mercilessly, I always wanted a son and even though he's much
    younger than his sisters, we all know who gets all the attention in the
    family <ggg> Congrats again.
    Merry Christmas, all the best, Mike Davis

    Mike Davis, Dec 26, 2003
  12. Modemac

    WJM Guest

    Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 5
    The West Wing, Sesason One

    Just what I wanted.

    WJM, Dec 26, 2003
  13. Modemac

    NOMAD205 Guest

    >Subject: What you got for Xmas!
    >From: Modemac
    >Date: 12/25/03 10:33 PM !!!First Boot!!!

    Die Hard Box Set
    Ferris Buellers Day off
    Stand By Me
    Vanilla Sky
    One flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
    Animal HOuse
    Regarding Henry

    NOMAD205, Dec 27, 2003
  14. Modemac

    Mark B. Guest

    "Modemac" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah, I know...this is a message thread for ego stroking. But so
    > what? I want to blab about the DVDs I got for Christmas, and you do
    > too! (Why else would you be reading this?)

    Buffy Season 5
    X2
    Panasonic 5-disc progressive scan player

    Mark B., Dec 27, 2003
  15. Modemac

    Stan Jensen Guest

    Aughhh!!! I got shut out!!!

    No DVD's whatsoever!!!

    My parents & brother said that the new high end computer system should be
    enough for this year.

    But what about the DVD's I asked for?!?!?!?!?!

    :)

    Stan Jensen, Dec 27, 2003
  16. Modemac

    jgb Guest

    X-Files Season 3 (yeah... I know.. it's been out there for ages....)
    Joao Cesar Monteiro: Integral (for everyone that does not know, JCM was a
    portuguese director that died about a year or so ago. This box set features
    all of his movies. He has won many big prizes in European film festivals,
    including Cannes and Venice)
    Breaking The Waves
    Velvet Goldmine
    Dogme #1: The Party
    Tipsy & Tory
    East is East

    And I think that's about it....

    jgb, Dec 27, 2003
  17. Modemac

    Kevin Scholl Guest

    Alien Quadrilogy
    Schoolhouse Rock (grew up on those spots)
    Sink the Bismark

    Kevin Scholl http://www.ksscholl.com/

    Information Architecture, Web Design and Development
    We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of
    the dreams...

    Kevin Scholl, Dec 27, 2003
  18. Modemac

    Mr. Moody Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 02:30:10 GMT, Stan Jensen <> wrote:

    >Aughhh!!! I got shut out!!!
    >
    >No DVD's whatsoever!!!

    Well, at least SOMEBODY got less than my lonely copy of Stripes. But hey, I did
    want it and it's anamorphic widescreen (on one side).

    And there's still a chance my brothers I haven't seen yet might give me one or
    two more...

    -Mr.Moody-Remove the don't like spam to mail
    The best DVDs ever created:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/r...ath=tg/listmania/list-browse/-/1DI9N74554UWW/

    Mr. Moody, Dec 27, 2003
  19. Modemac

    djskyler Guest

    I thought I was clever in giving my family the link to my DVD Profiler "Want
    List" of over 100 titles. I didn't consider that most of them are not that
    internet savvy, so all that came of it was:

    Animal House - Double Secret Probation

    Best Buy $50 gift certificate which I will put forward on
    The Monkees Vol. 2

    djskyler, Dec 27, 2003
  20. Modemac

    Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:33:35 GMT, Modemac <> wrote:

    >Yeah, I know...this is a message thread for ego stroking. But so
    >what? I want to blab about the DVDs I got for Christmas, and you do
    >too! (Why else would you be reading this?)
    >
    >I got:
    >
    > The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Extended Edition
    >(yeah!)
    > The Matrix Reloaded
    > The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    > Saving Private Ryan
    > Blazing Saddles
    > Galaxyquest
    >
    >Personally, I would have preferred to received some more esoteric DVDs
    >such as "Full Metal Jacket," "The War of the Worlds," or "The General"
    >(the Buster Keaton one), but I wasn't about to tell them that when
    >they gave them to me. :)

    I hope you burn these things you got. You'll be doing yourself and
    the whole world a big favor. Stop the spread of d'VD.

    >What did you get?

    Someone sent me a fucking DVD player, but I destroyed it with a 50lb
    sledge hammer.
    I was careful and I did NOT get the Deadly Venereal Disease.

    I still dont know who had the nerve to send me this thing...

    , Dec 27, 2003