    I just don't want to end up buying 2 copies because I made a mistake
    the first time.
    I know about slipstreaming but I don't have an old copy of xp anyway.
    Robert, Oct 27, 2007

  2. Robert

    Scott W Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi, I'd like to install Windows XP on my macbook with bootcamp.
    > I've read posts saying I need windows xp that already has service pack
    > 2 integrated into it.
    >
    > So now I need to make sure I buy the right version of xp. Nowadays,
    > does microsoft only sell xp that has sp2 already on it, or does it
    > come as a separate cd? From what I understand, I need to buy a copy
    > that has sp already. If I were to install an old copy and then try to
    > download and install sp2, it won't work.
    >
    > I'd like to try ebay because they're cheaper than futureshop, but some
    > say version 2002 on the box... so I assume that is pre SP2, right?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > I just don't want to end up buying 2 copies because I made a mistake
    > the first time.
    > I know about slipstreaming but I don't have an old copy of xp anyway.

    They let you bring a laptop into Army Bootcamp? My how
    things have changed! I would spend less time on the laptop
    and focus on learning how to clean and load your rifle, running
    50 miles per day witha bag of RediMix strapped to your back,
    getting enough sleep, eating their food and following lots
    and lots of orders. Oh, and don't forget marching. There'll
    be plenty of marching. So, do they have wireless internet
    in basic training too?
    --
    "USA is the most pathetic country in the world!"
    -- Gordon Ramsay (aka Iron Chef)
    Scott W, Oct 27, 2007

  3. Robert

    Robert Guest

    On Oct 27, 12:04 pm, Scott W <> wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    > > Hi, I'd like to install Windows XP on my macbook with bootcamp.
    > > I've read posts saying I need windows xp that already has service pack
    > > 2 integrated into it.

    > > So now I need to make sure I buy the right version of xp. Nowadays,
    > > does microsoft only sell xp that has sp2 already on it, or does it
    > > come as a separate cd? From what I understand, I need to buy a copy
    > > that has sp already. If I were to install an old copy and then try to
    > > download and install sp2, it won't work.

    > > I'd like to try ebay because they're cheaper than futureshop, but some
    > > say version 2002 on the box... so I assume that is pre SP2, right?

    > > Thanks.

    > > I just don't want to end up buying 2 copies because I made a mistake
    > > the first time.
    > > I know about slipstreaming but I don't have an old copy of xp anyway.

    > They let you bring a laptop into Army Bootcamp? My how
    > things have changed! I would spend less time on the laptop
    > and focus on learning how to clean and load your rifle, running
    > 50 miles per day witha bag of RediMix strapped to your back,
    > getting enough sleep, eating their food and following lots
    > and lots of orders. Oh, and don't forget marching. There'll
    > be plenty of marching. So, do they have wireless internet
    > in basic training too?
    > --
    > "USA is the most pathetic country in the world!"
    > -- Gordon Ramsay (aka Iron Chef)

    This was a very pointless reply. Is this because you don't like the
    way I spell bootcamp? Boot camp? We can't expect 100% accuracy and
    absolutely perfect grammar. Language wouldn't have evolved the way it
    has without little slips like that. Sorry drill sergeant, can I
    service your cock as punishment?
    Robert, Oct 27, 2007
  4. Robert

    Scott W Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Oct 27, 12:04 pm, Scott W <> wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >
    > > > Hi, I'd like to install Windows XP on my macbook with bootcamp.
    > > > I've read posts saying I need windows xp that already has service pack
    > > > 2 integrated into it.

    > > > So now I need to make sure I buy the right version of xp. Nowadays,
    > > > does microsoft only sell xp that has sp2 already on it, or does it
    > > > come as a separate cd? From what I understand, I need to buy a copy
    > > > that has sp already. If I were to install an old copy and then try to
    > > > download and install sp2, it won't work.

    > > > I'd like to try ebay because they're cheaper than futureshop, but some
    > > > say version 2002 on the box... so I assume that is pre SP2, right?

    > > > Thanks.

    > > > I just don't want to end up buying 2 copies because I made a mistake
    > > > the first time.
    > > > I know about slipstreaming but I don't have an old copy of xp anyway.

    > > They let you bring a laptop into Army Bootcamp? My how
    > > things have changed! I would spend less time on the laptop
    > > and focus on learning how to clean and load your rifle, running
    > > 50 miles per day witha bag of RediMix strapped to your back,
    > > getting enough sleep, eating their food and following lots
    > > and lots of orders. Oh, and don't forget marching. There'll
    > > be plenty of marching. So, do they have wireless internet
    > > in basic training too?
    > > --
    > > "USA is the most pathetic country in the world!"
    > > -- Gordon Ramsay (aka Iron Chef)

    > This was a very pointless reply. Is this because you don't like the
    > way I spell bootcamp? Boot camp? We can't expect 100% accuracy and
    > absolutely perfect grammar. Language wouldn't have evolved the way it
    > has without little slips like that. Sorry drill sergeant, can I
    > service your cock as punishment?

    I didn't notice the 'bootcamp' or 'boot camp'
    thing. Just assumed that you were talking
    about joining the military. Oh, and 'don't
    ask. don't tell.', soldier.
    Scott W, Oct 27, 2007
  5. Robert

    Robert Guest

    I thought there might be someone who can tell me when microsoft
    started selling XP with SP2 already integrated into it. If I end up
    buying an old copy without SP2, it won't work...

    When did microsoft start selling xp sp2 on one disk, or do they not do
    this, and just include a SP2 disk in with XP, and put a "now includes
    service pack 2" on the box?
    Robert, Oct 27, 2007
  6. Robert

    Scott W Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I thought there might be someone who can tell me when microsoft
    > started selling XP with SP2 already integrated into it. If I end up
    > buying an old copy without SP2, it won't work...
    >
    > When did microsoft start selling xp sp2 on one disk, or do they not do
    > this, and just include a SP2 disk in with XP, and put a "now includes
    > service pack 2" on the box?

    SP2 was released by microsoft in August/04 and
    it is an update which may or may not be included
    with XP OEM versions that same year. But you
    can always update it on line if it isn't included.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

    Scott W, Oct 27, 2007
  7. Robert

    Guest

    Robert <> wrote:

    >So now I need to make sure I buy the right version of xp. Nowadays,
    >does microsoft only sell xp that has sp2 already on it, or does it
    >come as a separate cd? From what I understand, I need to buy a copy
    >that has sp already. If I were to install an old copy and then try to
    >download and install sp2, it won't work.

    Current versions of XP will have XP already integrated.

    --

    "This may just may break the cute meter."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/75345140@N00/1740438237
  8. Robert

    Scott W Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Robert <> wrote:
    >
    > >So now I need to make sure I buy the right version of xp. Nowadays,
    > >does microsoft only sell xp that has sp2 already on it, or does it
    > >come as a separate cd? From what I understand, I need to buy a copy
    > >that has sp already. If I were to install an old copy and then try to
    > >download and install sp2, it won't work.

    > Current versions of XP will have XP already integrated.

    Well; I would hope so!

    Scott W, Oct 27, 2007
  9. Robert

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:52:19 -0700, Robert wrote:

    > I thought there might be someone who can tell me when microsoft
    > started selling XP with SP2 already integrated into it. If I end up
    > buying an old copy without SP2, it won't work...

    Buy a new copy.

    > When did microsoft start selling xp sp2 on one disk, or do they not do
    > this, and just include a SP2 disk in with XP, and put a "now includes
    > service pack 2" on the box?

    Soon after the SP is available M$ adds them to to install disc.
    Meat Plow, Oct 27, 2007
  10. Robert

    TJ Guest

    wrote in news:dlt6i3pfvtuthss91i1ivl0rit4tce3pqo@
    4ax.com:

    > Robert <> wrote:
    >
    >>So now I need to make sure I buy the right version of xp. Nowadays,
    >>does microsoft only sell xp that has sp2 already on it, or does it
    >>come as a separate cd? From what I understand, I need to buy a copy
    >>that has sp already. If I were to install an old copy and then try to
    >>download and install sp2, it won't work.

    > Current versions of XP will have XP already integrated.

    Ya think? :)
    TJ, Oct 27, 2007
  11. Robert

    chuckcar Guest

    Robert <> wrote in

    > Hi, I'd like to install Windows XP on my macbook with bootcamp.
    > I've read posts saying I need windows xp that already has service pack
    > 2 integrated into it.
    >
    > So now I need to make sure I buy the right version of xp. Nowadays,
    > does microsoft only sell xp that has sp2 already on it, or does it
    > come as a separate cd? From what I understand, I need to buy a copy
    > that has sp already. If I were to install an old copy and then try to
    > download and install sp2, it won't work.
    >
    > I'd like to try ebay because they're cheaper than futureshop, but some
    > say version 2002 on the box... so I assume that is pre SP2, right?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > I just don't want to end up buying 2 copies because I made a mistake
    > the first time.
    > I know about slipstreaming but I don't have an old copy of xp anyway.

    If you do that, you won't have a warrenty with Microsoft as you're
    buying used goods. That's why it's cheaper. And questionable existance
    of the product besides.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 28, 2007
  12. Robert

    Plato Guest

    Robert wrote:

    > Hi, I'd like to install Windows XP on my macbook with bootcamp.
    > I've read posts saying I need windows xp that already has service pack
    > 2 integrated into it.

    Yes, the XP you buy in a store has SP2 already.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Oct 29, 2007