    Anybody have any good experiences with an Xbox modchip? And which one?
    And where purchased?

    Appreciate any positive or negative help given on this,

    zZz, Dec 29, 2004

  2. zZz wrote:

    > Anybody have any good experiences with an Xbox modchip? And which one?
    > And where purchased?
    >
    > Appreciate any positive or **negative** help given on this,

    You want negative? You know that Sega went out of the hardware business
    because of assholes stealing the software and distributing it. Are you
    going to be just tickled shitless when MS announces that too many
    assholes have put in mod chips and are stealing the software, so they're
    dropping the XBox line?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 29, 2004

  3. zZz

    zZz Guest

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:00:29 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >zZz wrote:
    >
    >> Anybody have any good experiences with an Xbox modchip? And which one?
    >> And where purchased?
    >>
    >> Appreciate any positive or **negative** help given on this,

    >You want negative? You know that Sega went out of the hardware business
    >because of assholes stealing the software and distributing it. Are you
    >going to be just tickled shitless when MS announces that too many
    >assholes have put in mod chips and are stealing the software, so they're
    >dropping the XBox line?

    Thank you for taking the time to answer my question it is greatly
    appreciated!

    Thanks again,

    zZz, Dec 29, 2004
  4. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Wed,
    29 Dec 2004 18:22:07 -0500, zZz <> screamed from behind the
    mulberry bush:

    >On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:00:29 -0500, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    >>zZz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anybody have any good experiences with an Xbox modchip? And which one?
    >>> And where purchased?
    >>>
    >>> Appreciate any positive or **negative** help given on this,

    >>You want negative? You know that Sega went out of the hardware business
    >>because of assholes stealing the software and distributing it. Are you
    >>going to be just tickled shitless when MS announces that too many
    >>assholes have put in mod chips and are stealing the software, so they're
    >>dropping the XBox line?

    >Thank you for taking the time to answer my question it is greatly
    >appreciated!

    I wouldn't put in a mod chip if'n I were you. MS has been getting down
    on these hacks and now, if you connect on the Internet to play
    something like Halo 2, the servers checks your boxen to make sure it
    wasn't modified. If it was, they automatically kick you off and
    blackball you.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Dec 29, 2004
  5. Rôgêr wrote:

    > zZz wrote:
    >
    >> Anybody have any good experiences with an Xbox modchip? And which one?
    >> And where purchased?
    >>
    >> Appreciate any positive or **negative** help given on this,

    > You want negative? You know that Sega went out of the hardware business
    > because of assholes stealing the software and distributing it. Are you
    > going to be just tickled shitless when MS announces that too many
    > assholes have put in mod chips and are stealing the software, so they're
    > dropping the XBox line?

    What does that tell us? Cross-financing probably good hardware with
    overprized games isn't going to work. They have to take for the hardware
    what it's worth, and recalculate their games. Nowadays telephone companies
    or public transports have to separate
    "hardware" (wires/rails/infrastructure) related business from the service
    part (actually transporting information or people) to open for competition.
    That will be forced by laws. Sooner or later the same thing will happen
    here.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.9-mm1[LinuxCounter#295241]

    Walter Mautner, Dec 30, 2004
  6. zZz

    Jimmy Guest

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor wrote:
    > I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Wed,
    > 29 Dec 2004 18:22:07 -0500, zZz <> screamed from behind the
    > mulberry bush:

    >>>You want negative? You know that Sega went out of the hardware business
    >>>because of assholes stealing the software and distributing it. Are you
    >>>going to be just tickled shitless when MS announces that too many
    >>>assholes have put in mod chips and are stealing the software, so they're
    >>>dropping the XBox line?

    >>Thank you for taking the time to answer my question it is greatly
    >>appreciated!

    > I wouldn't put in a mod chip if'n I were you. MS has been getting down
    > on these hacks and now, if you connect on the Internet to play
    > something like Halo 2, the servers checks your boxen to make sure it
    > wasn't modified. If it was, they automatically kick you off and
    > blackball you.

    I saw a modchip on TechTV that you can switch on and off if you plan to
    play online.

    Jimmy, Dec 31, 2004