What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Jan 8, 2004.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    You're driving home from work. It's 5:55PM and the sky is turning bright pink.
    You know that this could be the Daddy Sunset you wait all year for so you're
    trying to fight the traffic and get to your favorite spot atop the bridge to
    capture what could be the sunset pic of the year.

    However, you need to pick up a roll of B&W prints that you dropped off
    yesterday and the photo lab closes at 6:00PM. If you go take the sunset pic
    you'll have to wait until tomorrow to pick up the prints.

    What do you do?

    Well, me being a dumbass, I swerved into the parking lot of the photo place
    only to find the owner standing outside admiring the sunset. The sunset now
    was peaking and so the chance to get to my favorite photo spot in time was now
    lost.
    The owner finally decided to wait on the customers already there, so I head out
    to the parking lot and fire off a few quickies with the Totally Digital D60.
    Instead of having the Tennessee River in the foreground, I get an Arby's and
    passing traffic.

    http://www.pbase.com/image/24923120

    Finally, the owner gets done with the other customers, the sky darkens, and
    then he tells me that he had some probs with the B&W processing and it'll be
    tomorrow before he gets to my roll.

    **** me.

    And THAT'S why I shoot 99% Totally Digital !!!
    Annika1980, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Annika1980

    Jim Waggener Guest

    > Finally, the owner gets done with the other customers, the sky darkens,
    and
    > then he tells me that he had some probs with the B&W processing and it'll

    be
    > tomorrow before he gets to my roll.
    >
    > **** me.
    >
    > And THAT'S why I shoot 99% Totally Digital !!!

    So what do the B&W prints look like?

    Jim Waggener, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Jim Waggener"

    >So what do the B&W prints look like?

    >> then he tells me that he had some probs with the B&W processing and it'll

    >be
    >> tomorrow before he gets to my roll.

    I'll let you know tomorrow.
    Annika1980, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Annika1980

    scott Guest

    In article <>,
    (Annika1980) wrote:

    > >From: "Jim Waggener"

    > >So what do the B&W prints look like?

    > >> then he tells me that he had some probs with the B&W processing and it'll

    > >be
    > >> tomorrow before he gets to my roll.

    > I'll let you know tomorrow.

    I'd a gone for the sunset photos! If it was truly The Mother of All
    Sunsets (for a year, anyway) what difference would a day make to
    see some developed photos? I'd like to know what they were, too.
    I don't recall ever having photos that good before.

    scott, Jan 8, 2004
  5. Annika1980

    steve Guest

    Amazing sunset!

    As for the question, well answering it now wouldn't be fair would it?

    Maybe you can digitally crop out the arbys and add the river? :)

    steve

    steve, Jan 8, 2004
  6. Annika1980

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    What would I do?

    Probably try to sell the photo to Arby's at the highest possible rate... :)
    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 8, 2004
  7. Annika1980

    Malevil Guest

    Re: What Would You Do? (Moral Dilemma

    Al Franken, James Carvel and Barbra Streisand are walking and about to be
    struck by a truck.. You can put down your camera and wave to get their
    attention and warn them or you can get ready for a terrific shot. Here's the
    dilemma ... what shutter speed would you select?

    Mal

    Malevil, Jan 8, 2004
  8. Annika1980

    steve Guest

    Re: What Would You Do? (Moral Dilemma

    I would definitely snap the photo -- the photo of Cheney's back room
    dealings with Enron etc. during the energy negotiations.

    Now can we get back to photography?

    Thanks

    steve, Jan 8, 2004
  9. Annika1980

    steve Guest

    Now that's a true photographer's answer !!!!

    Years ago I saw an Arby's with the F in 'Roast Beef Sandwich' burned
    out. It would have made a cute photo.

    steve, Jan 8, 2004
  10. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    On 1/7/04 6:32 PM, in article ,
    "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    > You're driving home from work. It's 5:55PM and the sky is turning bright
    > pink.
    > You know that this could be the Daddy Sunset you wait all year for so you're
    > trying to fight the traffic and get to your favorite spot atop the bridge to
    > capture what could be the sunset pic of the year.
    >
    > However, you need to pick up a roll of B&W prints that you dropped off
    > yesterday and the photo lab closes at 6:00PM. If you go take the sunset pic
    > you'll have to wait until tomorrow to pick up the prints.
    >
    > What do you do?
    >
    > Well, me being a dumbass, I swerved into the parking lot of the photo place
    > only to find the owner standing outside admiring the sunset. The sunset now
    > was peaking and so the chance to get to my favorite photo spot in time was now
    > lost.
    > The owner finally decided to wait on the customers already there, so I head
    > out
    > to the parking lot and fire off a few quickies with the Totally Digital D60.
    > Instead of having the Tennessee River in the foreground, I get an Arby's and
    > passing traffic.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/24923120
    >
    > Finally, the owner gets done with the other customers, the sky darkens, and
    > then he tells me that he had some probs with the B&W processing and it'll be
    > tomorrow before he gets to my roll.
    >
    > **** me.
    >
    > And THAT'S why I shoot 99% Totally Digital !!!

    Now THAT'S A SKY!!!
    You live in The Holy Land?
    I would expect to Charlton Heston appear in the Arby's asking "you want
    fries with that?"

    George Kerby, Jan 8, 2004
  11. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    On 1/7/04 7:13 PM, in article ,
    "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    >> From: "Jim Waggener"

    >> So what do the B&W prints look like?

    >>> then he tells me that he had some probs with the B&W processing and it'll

    >> be
    >>> tomorrow before he gets to my roll.

    > I'll let you know tomorrow.

    Anni, use the 2200 to print them! Just let the labster process the film and
    scan them yourself.

    George Kerby, Jan 8, 2004
  12. Annika1980

    Mark Herring Guest

    Re: What Would You Do? (Moral Dilemma

    It's Carville

    These are all GOOD people---you are confused. (Not to mention
    seriously off topic)

    On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:47:28 -0500, "Malevil" <>
    wrote:

    >Al Franken, James Carvel and Barbra Streisand are walking and about to be
    >struck by a truck.. You can put down your camera and wave to get their
    >attention and warn them or you can get ready for a terrific shot. Here's the
    >dilemma ... what shutter speed would you select?
    >
    >Mal
    >
    >"scott" <> wrote in message

    >it'll
    >> >
    >> > I'll let you know tomorrow.
    >> >

    >> I'd a gone for the sunset photos! If it was truly The Mother of All
    >> Sunsets (for a year, anyway) what difference would a day make to
    >> see some developed photos? I'd like to know what they were, too.
    >> I don't recall ever having photos that good before.

    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".
    Mark Herring, Jan 8, 2004
  13. Annika1980

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    steve wrote:

    > Years ago I saw an Arby's with the F in 'Roast Beef
    > Sandwich' burned out. It would have made a cute photo.

    I guess you'd need a lot more than one to fill a sandwich... :)

    Somewhere near Dallas there is a famous rest area off
    a freeway with a giant sign: "DIESEL-FRIED CHICKEN."

    I've always wondered how it would taste but never
    dared to try...

    ;-)
    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 8, 2004
  14. Annika1980

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    steve wrote:

    > I would definitely snap the photo -- the photo of Cheney's back
    > room dealings with Enron etc. during the energy negotiations.

    If you had actually managed to do that, I believe you
    wouldn't be alive now... ;-)
    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 8, 2004
  15. Annika1980

    Patrick L. Guest

    "Malevil" <> wrote in message
    > Al Franken, James Carvel and Barbra Streisand are walking and about to be
    > struck by a truck.. You can put down your camera and wave to get their
    > attention and warn them or you can get ready for a terrific shot. Here's

    the
    > dilemma ... what shutter speed would you select?
    >
    > Mal

    Carville and Franken rock, let them live!

    Patrick
    Patrick L., Jan 8, 2004
  16. Annika1980

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Glorious sky but I would crop out the lamp and electric wire on the upper left
    hand corner. Otherwise the city skape does not bother me and Arby adds some
    interest.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Jan 8, 2004
  17. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: George Kerby

    >Anni, use the 2200 to print them! Just let the labster process the film and
    >scan them yourself.

    My original intention was to only get a contact sheet with the hegatives, but
    it wasn't much more expensive to get 4x6 prints.
    Annika1980, Jan 8, 2004
  18. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    Re: What Would You Do? (Moral Dilemma

    On 1/8/04 3:43 AM, in article
    xD9Lb.25012$, "Patrick L."
    <> wrote:

    > "Malevil" <> wrote in message
    >> Al Franken, James Carvel and Barbra Streisand are walking and about to be
    >> struck by a truck.. You can put down your camera and wave to get their
    >> attention and warn them or you can get ready for a terrific shot. Here's

    > the
    >> dilemma ... what shutter speed would you select?
    >>
    >> Mal
    >>

    > Carville and Franken rock, let them live!
    >
    > Patrick

    Carville is a maniac ragin cajun. I don't know how Mary deals with him...

    George Kerby, Jan 8, 2004
  19. Annika1980

    Jim Waggener Guest

    Re: What Would You Do? (Moral Dilemma

    > > Carville and Franken rock, let them live!
    > >
    > > Patrick
    > >

    > Carville is a maniac ragin cajun. I don't know how Mary deals with him...

    I don't know why, but when I see Carville he reminds me of a huge ant head.
    <shrug>

    Jim Waggener, Jan 8, 2004
  20. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Re: What Would You Do? (Moral Dilemma

    >From: "Jim Waggener"

    >I don't know why, but when I see Carville he reminds me of a huge ant head.

    I think he looks like a snake.
    A smug, smart-assed snake.
    He'd make a damn fine Republican!
    Annika1980, Jan 9, 2004