    System Memory 256 MB (SDRAM)
    BIOS Type Award Modular (03/15/00)
    Thanks
    Steff, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Steff

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Steff" <> wrote in
    news:m4i1c.16995$Y%9.net:

    > Looking to change my video card. Not into gaming so doesn't have to be
    > ultra fast.
    > What will be suitable with my motherboard:

    What is your current card and what aspect of it is not working well enough
    to keep using it?

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    Repairs, upgrades and networking
    DeMoN LaG, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Steff

    Michael-NC Guest

    If your not into gaming, just get anything that works. I have a machine with
    XP and a 4MB video card and it runs fine.

    Michael-NC, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Steff

    Steff Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message
    > If your not into gaming, just get anything that works. I have a machine

    with
    > XP and a 4MB video card and it runs fine.
    >
    > "Steff" <> wrote in message
    > > Looking to change my video card. Not into gaming so doesn't have to be

    > ultra
    > > fast.
    > > What will be suitable with my motherboard:
    > >
    > > CPU Type Intel Pentium IIIE, 800 MHz (8 x 100)
    > > Motherboard Name Shuttle AV61 (2 ISA, 5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DIMM)
    > > Motherboard Chipset VIA VT82C693A Apollo Pro133
    > > System Memory 256 MB (SDRAM)
    > > BIOS Type Award Modular (03/15/00)
    > > Thanks

    I want to change it because after installing a new hard drive and installing
    XP, it just doesn't show graphics properly in XP - screen savers are slow
    and jerky, as is scrolling etc. Updated drivers etc but am pretty sure its
    the graphics card that's on the way out.
    So basically what I want to know is - will ANY AGP graphics card fit that
    motherboard - for example will a 4MB ATI 3D Rage IIc.
    and a 3D Labs Wildcat 111 6110 both fit? (Not particularly thinking about
    getting either, just using them as examples)
    Details of my pc are at
    http://www.djh.ukjournalists.co.uk/Pc2 report.htm
    Steff, Mar 4, 2004
  5. Steff

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Steff" <> wrote in

    > I want to change it because after installing a new hard drive and
    > installing XP, it just doesn't show graphics properly in XP - screen
    > savers are slow and jerky, as is scrolling etc. Updated drivers etc
    > but am pretty sure its the graphics card that's on the way out.

    Graphics cards don't tend to work slowly because they are dying, they may
    draw corrupted graphics or lock the system up, but if your problem is
    scrolling is jerky I'd say you are wasting money on a new graphics card.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Mar 4, 2004
  6. Steff

    Michael-NC Guest

    When you loaded XP, did you update the motherboard drivers and then the
    video driver?

    As Demon said, you're about to waste your money.

    Michael-NC, Mar 4, 2004
  7. Steff

    Michael-NC Guest

    Just looked at the Shuttle website and found _No_ drivers for your mainboard
    for XP. You may have done an ill-advised upgrade, in which case, no video
    card will help you. Old hardware and a new OS does not always play together.

    Try to install the Win2K drivers available at the shuttle site and hope for
    the best.

    http://www.shuttle.com/hq/support/download/dwn.asp

    Michael-NC, Mar 5, 2004