    programs from access the net without me knowing it. I run Adaware but I get
    more paranoid that I've got things hidden.

    Marc

    Marc, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Marc

    samuel Guest

    www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

    samuel, Feb 28, 2005

  3. Marc

    DC Guest

    samuel wrote:
    > "Marc" <mcneer(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote in

    >> I that all sorts of problems with version 5. I don't remeber
    >> about 4.5. I've running a 233 with 98SE so I don't need a hog.
    >> I just want to stop programs from access the net without me
    >> knowing it. I run Adaware but I get more paranoid that I've
    >> got things hidden.

    >> Marc

    > www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

    Seconded.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    DC, Feb 28, 2005
  4. Marc

    Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 03:56:18 GMT, "Marc"
    <mcneer(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote:

    |> I that all sorts of problems with version 5. I don't remeber about 4.5.
    |> I've running a 233 with 98SE so I don't need a hog. I just want to stop
    |> programs from access the net without me knowing it. I run Adaware but I get
    |> more paranoid that I've got things hidden.

    If you run an older version of ZA don't use 4.5 it had a problem with
    vsmon hogging the CPU, anything after that is fine.

    --
    http://wakaba.nervalhi.net/mods/src/everyonehashadmoresex.swf

    , Feb 28, 2005
  5. Marc

    Old Gringo Guest

    Marc wrote:
    > I that all sorts of problems with version 5. I don't remeber about 4.5.
    > I've running a 233 with 98SE so I don't need a hog. I just want to stop
    > programs from access the net without me knowing it. I run Adaware but I get
    > more paranoid that I've got things hidden.
    >
    > Marc

    Before you get to carried away with zone alarms etc. Go here and get
    your computer cleaned up:
    http://tinyurl.com/56gty
    Then go here for a virus check up:
    After that you might consider one of the following:
    http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/
    http://www.free-av.com/
    recommended in order posted.
    Last but not least you might consider a new browser:
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/index.html
    And a new email client to go with the new browser:
    Really no need to pay for something when you can have it all free.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Feb 28, 2005
  6. Marc

    Shel-hed Guest

    On 28 Feb 2005 04:00:49 GMT, DC <> wrote:

    >samuel wrote:
    >> "Marc" <mcneer(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote in

    >>> I that all sorts of problems with version 5. I don't remeber
    >>> about 4.5. I've running a 233 with 98SE so I don't need a hog.
    >>> I just want to stop programs from access the net without me
    >>> knowing it. I run Adaware but I get more paranoid that I've
    >>> got things hidden.

    >>> Marc

    >> www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

    >Seconded.

    Does Outpost show network traffic with the tray icon like ZA?

    Shel-hed, Feb 28, 2005
  7. Marc

    DC Guest

    Shel-hed wrote:
    > On 28 Feb 2005 04:00:49 GMT, DC <> wrote:

    >>samuel wrote:
    >>> "Marc" <mcneer(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote in

    >>> www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

    >>Seconded.

    > Does Outpost show network traffic with the tray icon like ZA?

    No, I don't think so.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    DC, Feb 28, 2005
  8. Marc

    Shel-hed Guest

    On 28 Feb 2005 05:03:30 GMT, DC <> wrote:

    >Shel-hed wrote:

    >>>Seconded.

    >> Does Outpost show network traffic with the tray icon like ZA?

    >No, I don't think so.

    Hmmm. I like that little feature. Keeps me a Lert.

    Shel-hed, Feb 28, 2005