    Peter

    Teach others what you know about Windows Programs in Seconds with
    http://www.kiwioffce.com/

    Peter, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Peter

    Max Burke Guest

    > Peter scribbled:
    > Hi
    > I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this
    > from my computer or do I need take the case off and physically check
    > what type of RAM I have.

    Try here; It will scan your system, tell you what type and amount of ram,
    and also tell you what type you need to upgrade or replace it with....

    http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Peter

    paora Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:42:25 +1200, "Peter" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this from my
    >computer or do I need take the case off and physically check what type of
    >RAM I have.

    This will probably help you.

    http://www.cpuid.com/pcw

    paora, Jun 23, 2004
  4. Peter

    Invisible Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:52:29 +1200, "Max Burke" <> wrote:

    >> Peter scribbled:
    >> Hi
    >> I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this
    >> from my computer or do I need take the case off and physically check
    >> what type of RAM I have.

    >Try here; It will scan your system, tell you what type and amount of ram,
    >and also tell you what type you need to upgrade or replace it with....
    >
    >http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

    "We're sorry.... At this time, The Crucial System Scanner only works with
    Internet Explorer"

    Invisible, Jun 23, 2004
  5. Peter

    Chris Guest

    Invisible <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:52:29 +1200, "Max Burke"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Peter scribbled:
    >>> Hi
    >>> I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this
    >>> from my computer or do I need take the case off and physically check
    >>> what type of RAM I have.

    >>Try here; It will scan your system, tell you what type and amount of
    >>ram, and also tell you what type you need to upgrade or replace it
    >>with....
    >>
    >>http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

    > "We're sorry.... At this time, The Crucial System Scanner only works
    > with Internet Explorer"

    Not only that it thinks I have 160MB of RAM not the 256MB I have installed

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Jun 23, 2004
  6. Peter

    Max Burke Guest

    > Invisible scribbled:

    >> Max Burke wrote:

    >>> Peter scribbled:
    >>> Hi
    >>> I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this
    >>> from my computer or do I need take the case off and physically check
    >>> what type of RAM I have.

    >> Try here; It will scan your system, tell you what type and amount of
    >> ram, and also tell you what type you need to upgrade or replace it
    >> with....
    >> http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

    > "We're sorry.... At this time, The Crucial System Scanner only works
    > with Internet Explorer"

    That's only a problem for those that DONT use IE. Why they/you dont is
    irrelevant to this particular thread dont you think?
    Of course you can always 'hijack' the discussion and rant about *your
    problem* instead of trying to be helpful to the OP.

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Jun 23, 2004
  7. Peter

    Max Burke Guest

    > Chris scribbled:

    >>> Max Burke wrote:
    >>> Try here; It will scan your system, tell you what type and amount of
    >>> ram, and also tell you what type you need to upgrade or replace it
    >>> with....
    >>> http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

    >> "We're sorry.... At this time, The Crucial System Scanner only works
    >> with Internet Explorer"

    > Not only that it thinks I have 160MB of RAM not the 256MB I have
    > installed

    It works fine with my 486 running Win 95A and IE 4, as well as my P4, XP and
    IE6.
    It not only tells me the correct amount of ram in both systems, it also
    provides me with upgrade/replacement options....

    So it must be the OS and the web browser you *choose to use,* and your
    system that's at fault......

    IOW your complaint isn't much help to the OP is it.
    I would suggest you offer him alternatives if you think he needs an
    alternative.

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Jun 23, 2004
  8. Peter

    Chris Guest

    "Max Burke" <> wrote in

    > So it must be the OS and the web browser you *choose to use,* and your
    > system that's at fault......

    I run windows98SE. Tried it with Mozilla, got the message reported and
    then tried with IE which gave me the wrong RAM amount.

    > IOW your complaint isn't much help to the OP is it.
    > I would suggest you offer him alternatives if you think he needs an
    > alternative.

    About as much help as you, I'd say. I think the OP should be wary of your
    suggestion on the basis that it don't work 4 every 1.

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Jun 24, 2004
  9. Peter

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:38:56 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

    > That's only a problem for those that DONT use IE.

    Maybe, but the idea is that the web should work, no matter what browser
    you view it through.

    Gordon, Jun 24, 2004
  10. Peter

    Gordon Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:48:42 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

    > It works fine with my 486 running Win 95A and IE 4, as well as my P4, XP and
    > IE6.

    Good grief, someone is still using IE4! Now history has shown that to be a
    not the best of MS products.

    Gordon, Jun 24, 2004
  11. Peter

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:42:25 +1200, Peter wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this from my
    > computer or do I need take the case off and physically check what type of
    > RAM I have.

    Aida32 might have doen it but it seems to have died. Ask Google.

    Gordon, Jun 24, 2004
  12. Peter

    RdM Guest

    "Max Burke" <> writes:

    : > Chris scribbled:
    :
    :
    : >>> Max Burke wrote:
    : >>> Try here; It will scan your system, tell you what type and amount of
    : >>> ram, and also tell you what type you need to upgrade or replace it
    : >>> with....
    : >>> http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/
    :
    :
    : >> "We're sorry.... At this time, The Crucial System Scanner only works
    : >> with Internet Explorer"
    :
    : > Not only that it thinks I have 160MB of RAM not the 256MB I have
    : > installed
    :
    : It works fine with my 486 running Win 95A and IE 4, as well as my P4, XP and
    : IE6.

    Hmm. On 98SE, firing up a very disused IE 5, I get an error message
    about problems with the page; details are
    Line 17
    Character 39
    Expected ';'
    Code 0
    Proceeding, I get the same error on the following license page and
    process page ... and results page.

    Then, the announcement:

    We're Sorry...
    The Crucial System Scanner was not able to gather any information about
    your computer.
    You may find better results by using the Belarc Advisor. The Belarc
    Advisor automatically detects your system's configuration information
    and gives you the details you need to purchase a compatible upgrade.
    Simply start the Belarc Advisor, follow the simple instructions, and the
    Belarc Advisor will help you find the right upgrade for your computer.
    http://www.crucial.com/support/belarc_download.asp

    So I go to that page (same error message), and copy the link to d/l with
    my current favourite d/l program ... noting that its requirements are
    less stringent, to wit Windows 95/98/Me, NT 4, Windows 2000 and XP
    Requires IE 3 or Netscape 3 and higher versions.

    : I would suggest you offer him alternatives if you think he needs an
    : alternative.

    Here's the link in case anyone else wants to download it directly.
    http://www.belarc.com/Programs/Crucial/advisor.exe [600.43KB]

    Installing ... I notice it creating a Mozilla plugin ... then it runs
    straight after the License Agreement. So far, it's hanging at 54% of
    "The Belarc Advisor will only take a few moments to create a profile of
    your system" ... no, wait, it's freed up and finished!

    Nice! It's fired up Mozilla with an information page. Accurately
    reported RAM as 2 x 128MB, but *no* further details on its type.
    Then a very full information page on all hardware and software.
    It's a handy tool to have found, and have offline for other systems.

    I'm glad I followed the link now, or I wouldn't have found it. Thanks.
    --
    RdM

    RdM, Jun 24, 2004
  13. Peter

    RdM Guest

    : Nice! It's fired up Mozilla with an information page. Accurately
    : reported RAM as 2 x 128MB, but *no* further details on its type.
    : Then a very full information page on all hardware and software.
    : It's a handy tool to have found, and have offline for other systems.

    I might add that the page it creates has links back to a Crucial page
    that has a database of motherboards and compatible memory types.

    RdM, Jun 24, 2004
  14. Peter

    RdM Guest

    [speaking of http://www.belarc.com/Programs/Crucial/advisor.exe
    from http://www.crucial.com/support/belarc_download.asp ]

    : : Nice! It's fired up Mozilla with an information page. Accurately
    : : reported RAM as 2 x 128MB, but *no* further details on its type.
    : : Then a very full information page on all hardware and software.
    : : It's a handy tool to have found, and have offline for other systems.
    :
    : I might add that the page it creates has links back to a Crucial page
    : that has a database of motherboards and compatible memory types.

    And again that a "clean" non-sponsored/linked version seems to be
    http://www.belarc.com/Programs/advisor.exe
    or read about it first at their download page

    RdM, Jun 24, 2004
  15. "Gordon" <> wrote in message news:p...
    > On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:42:25 +1200, Peter wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this from my
    >> computer or do I need take the case off and physically check what type of
    >> RAM I have.

    > Aida32 might have doen it but it seems to have died. Ask Google.

    Aida32 has been upgraded to Everest, and the home edition is still free. It provides plenty of details about
    the RAM, too.

    http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1&subpage=5

    Tony.

    The Black Wibble, Jun 24, 2004
  16. Peter

    RdM Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote:
    in nz.comp<>,
    on Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:42:25 +1200,
    : Hi
    :
    : I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this from my
    : computer or do I need take the case off and physically check what type of
    : RAM I have.

    See http://www.vml.co.uk/vis/vis_download.htm for
    DIMM ID 2001 [20KB]
    Research Machines latest version allowing you to identify your DIMM's
    installed in your PC.

    If it's an old computer, perhaps better take the case off - easy enough.

    RdM, Jun 24, 2004
  17. Peter

    RdM Guest

    RdM <> wrote:

    : See http://www.vml.co.uk/vis/vis_download.htm for
    : DIMM ID 2001 [20KB]
    : Research Machines latest version allowing you to identify your DIMM's
    : installed in your PC.

    Hmm, I seem to be having a bad night. It's a DOS program and gives very
    little useful information on my PC. Sorry. I was interested in this too.

    RdM, Jun 24, 2004
  18. Peter

    ~misfit~ Guest

    The Black Wibble wrote:
    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:42:25 +1200, Peter wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I would like to find out what type of RAM I have. Can I check this
    >>> from my computer or do I need take the case off and physically
    >>> check what type of RAM I have.

    >> Aida32 might have doen it but it seems to have died. Ask Google.

    > Aida32 has been upgraded to Everest, and the home edition is still
    > free. It provides plenty of details about the RAM, too.
    >
    > http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1&subpage=5

    Hmm, the free version doesn't look as good as the last version of Aida
    though. Do a Google search for aida32ee_393.exe as that's the install file
    for the last version of Aida. An excellent and very powerful tool, someone's
    bound to still have it mirrored somewhere (hopefully).

    It's times like this I don't resent my 3GB+ "Downloads" folder. It's 3.37MB,
    if ya need it emailed and your ISP allows it just reply in this thread with
    your addy.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jun 25, 2004
  19. "~misfit~" <> wrote in message news:eek:DJCc.3682$...
    > The Black Wibble wrote:

    [...]
    >> Aida32 has been upgraded to Everest, and the home edition is still
    >> free. It provides plenty of details about the RAM, too.
    >>
    >> http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1&subpage=5

    > Hmm, the free version doesn't look as good as the last version of Aida
    > though. Do a Google search for aida32ee_393.exe as that's the install file
    > for the last version of Aida. An excellent and very powerful tool, someone's
    > bound to still have it mirrored somewhere (hopefully).

    By "doesn't look as good" do mean the size of the icons, which can be changed
    to large size, making them identical to what you see in Aida32? :)

    > It's times like this I don't resent my 3GB+ "Downloads" folder. It's 3.37MB,
    > if ya need it emailed and your ISP allows it just reply in this thread with
    > your addy.

    I had already downloaded Aida32ee_393.exe , but it was nice of you to
    make the offer.

    Tony.

    The Black Wibble, Jun 25, 2004
  20. Peter

    ~misfit~ Guest

    The Black Wibble wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> The Black Wibble wrote:

    > [...]
    >>> Aida32 has been upgraded to Everest, and the home edition is still
    >>> free. It provides plenty of details about the RAM, too.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1&subpage=5

    >> Hmm, the free version doesn't look as good as the last version of
    >> Aida though. Do a Google search for aida32ee_393.exe as that's the
    >> install file for the last version of Aida. An excellent and very
    >> powerful tool, someone's bound to still have it mirrored somewhere
    >> (hopefully).

    > By "doesn't look as good" do mean the size of the icons, which can be
    > changed
    > to large size, making them identical to what you see in Aida32? :)

    No, I mean after reading about Everest Free Version it seems less useful
    than Aida32 EE.

    > > It's times like this I don't resent my 3GB+ "Downloads" folder.

    > It's 3.37MB,
    >> if ya need it emailed and your ISP allows it just reply in this
    >> thread with your addy.

    > I had already downloaded Aida32ee_393.exe , but it was nice of you to
    > make the offer.

    You're welcome.
    --
    ~misfit~