    It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
    Other than pulling it out, how do i know?

    Thanks in advance.

    zoids, Jun 1, 2005

  2. zoids

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "zoids" <> wrote in message
    news:429d94ca$...
    > IS there a way to find out what RAM i'm using?
    >
    > It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
    > Other than pulling it out, how do i know?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Memory Explained:

    http://www.ahinc.com/hhmemory.htm

    This little tool will give you the data which you need.

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/belarc.html

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Jun 1, 2005

  3. zoids

    Duane ;-\) Guest

    "zoids" <> wrote in message
    > IS there a way to find out what RAM i'm using?
    >
    > It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
    > Other than pulling it out, how do i know?

    If you have a brand name computer, then you can select the manufacture and
    take it from there.

    http://www.crucial.com/

    Duane :)

    Duane ;-\), Jun 1, 2005
  4. zoids

    cineman Guest

    cineman, Jun 1, 2005
  5. zoids

    elaich Guest

    "zoids" <> wrote in news:429d94ca$:

    > IS there a way to find out what RAM i'm using?
    >
    > It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
    > Other than pulling it out, how do i know?

    Pulling it out is the best way, though. Any RAM you buy MUST exactly match
    what's printed on your existing card(s). You can't mix PC100 with PC133,
    buffered with non buffered, etc.

    --
    "No sports writers were harmed during the making of this post. And what I
    want to know is - why not?"

    elaich, Jun 1, 2005
  6. zoids

    Buffalo Guest

    "elaich" <> wrote in message news:...
    > "zoids" <> wrote in news:429d94ca$:
    >
    > > IS there a way to find out what RAM i'm using?
    > >
    > > It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
    > > Other than pulling it out, how do i know?

    > Pulling it out is the best way, though. Any RAM you buy MUST exactly match
    > what's printed on your existing card(s).You can't mix PC100 with PC133,
    > buffered with non buffered, etc.

    Not really true overall. It doesn't have to be an exact match.
    You cannot mix ECC with non-ECC.
    You cannot mix DDR with SDram.
    You ususally can mix SDram Cl-2 with Cl-3.
    If you are only running a FSB of 100Mhz, you can usually mix PC100 with PC133.

    Your statement that "Any RAM you buy MUST exactly match
    what's printed on your existing card(s)" is not at all true.

    Buffalo, Jun 2, 2005
  7. zoids

    Buffalo Guest

    "elaich" <> wrote in message news:...
    > "zoids" <> wrote in news:429d94ca$:
    >
    > > IS there a way to find out what RAM i'm using?
    > >
    > > It's 512MB, DDR, but not sure what speed?
    > > Other than pulling it out, how do i know?

    > Pulling it out is the best way, though. Any RAM you buy MUST exactly match
    > what's printed on your existing card(s). You can't mix PC100 with PC133,
    > buffered with non buffered, etc.
    >
    > --
    > "No sports writers were harmed during the making of this post. And what I
    > want to know is - why not?"

    Your knowledge about ram almost equals your knowledge about Zone Alarm.
    Please don't advise on what you have no factual understanding of.

    Buffalo, Jun 2, 2005
  8. zoids

    elaich Guest

    "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in

    > Your knowledge about ram almost equals your knowledge about Zone Alarm.
    > Please don't advise on what you have no factual understanding of.

    You had to post twice to make that pointless point?

    elaich, Jun 2, 2005
  9. zoids

    Buffalo Guest

    "elaich" <> wrote in message news:...
    > "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@nada.com.invalid> wrote in
    >
    > > Your knowledge about ram almost equals your knowledge about Zone Alarm.
    > > Please don't advise on what you have no factual understanding of.

    > You had to post twice to make that pointless point?

    I thought it was 'pointed' right at you. :)

    Buffalo, Jun 2, 2005