    MauiJNP Guest

    I don't know what type of files I get when I record to dvd-rws or dvd-rs
    with a standalone recorder. how do I find this out? thanks

    MauiJNP, Jan 1, 2005

  2. MauiJNP

    Steve Guest

    They should be standard VOB, BUP and IFO files inside the VIDEO_TS folder,
    the same as standard DVDs.
    I have seen some that have an extra folder in the root of the disc instead
    of a AUDIO_TS. But the VIDEO_TS has to be there with the VOB, BUP and IFO
    files inside.
    You can see these if you have a computer with a DVD-Rom drive.
    UB

    Steve, Jan 1, 2005

  3. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    ok, that is what they are. now, how do I burn those onto a DVDr so that
    they play in any standard dvd player?
    thanks

    MauiJNP, Jan 2, 2005
  4. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    >> I don't know what type of files I get when I record to dvd-rws or dvd-rs
    >> with a standalone recorder. how do I find this out? thanks
    >>

    > They should be standard VOB, BUP and IFO files inside the VIDEO_TS folder,
    > the same as standard DVDs.
    > I have seen some that have an extra folder in the root of the disc instead
    > of a AUDIO_TS. But the VIDEO_TS has to be there with the VOB, BUP and IFO
    > files inside.
    > You can see these if you have a computer with a DVD-Rom drive.

    ok, here's the deal. the files were not inside a folder with the name
    VIDEO_TS

    the disc was a dvdrw disc that was formatted in VR mode, not VIDEO mode.

    Do I have to format the discs in VIDEO mode in order to copy them to a DVDr
    with dvd decrypter and dvd shrink?

    I already have a bunch of stuff on DVDrw's that were formatted in VR mode.
    Is there anyway to save this stuff?

    What is the purpose of VIDEO mode? My manual says use VR mode to record,
    edit and reuse repeatedly. That is what I want to do. For VIDEO mode, it
    says use it when you want to erase all the data on the disc once played back
    to record new data. It doesn't say whether or not you can edit this way or
    if it is ok to reuse over and over, like with VR mode.

    I hope this all makes sense. thanks for any help. I am pulling my hair out
    with this.

    MauiJNP, Jan 2, 2005
  5. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP, Jan 9, 2005