    your input. :)

    Brandy
    Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

    Brandy, May 4, 2006

  2. Brandy wrote:
    > I need to invest in either a monopod or tripod for full 360
    > panoramics (and 180s) for virtual tours since no matter how still I
    > stand, I'm not still enough and I get distortion. I was looking at
    > equipment on B&H Photo yesterday and don't know if I was looking at
    > the right stuff, but some of their systems (tripod and motorized head
    > - I don't need or even want a motorized head) were in the $3-4,000
    > range. Talk about sticker shock! I don't mind a couple hundred, but
    > that was just crazy! Can anyone recommend a tripod or head that I
    > can attach to my current tripod? Thanks so much for your input. :)
    >

    > Brandy
    > Say goodnight Gracie... Goodnight Gracie

    Any chance of adapting one of the DIY lasers for the job? They seem
    ridiculously cheap!

    Dennis Pogson, May 4, 2006

  3. Brandy

    Scott W Guest

    Brandy wrote:
    > I need to invest in either a monopod or tripod for full 360 panoramics (and
    > 180s) for virtual tours since no matter how still I stand, I'm not still
    > enough and I get distortion. I was looking at equipment on B&H Photo
    > yesterday and don't know if I was looking at the right stuff, but some of
    > their systems (tripod and motorized head - I don't need or even want a
    > motorized head) were in the $3-4,000 range. Talk about sticker shock! I
    > don't mind a couple hundred, but that was just crazy! Can anyone recommend
    > a tripod or head that I can attach to my current tripod? Thanks so much for
    > your input. :)

    I use a Bogen / Manfrotto 303SPH QTVR Spherical Panoramic Head Kit and
    love it.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...646&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

    It is a bit expensive but is very solid and has a neat indexing
    feature.
    It needs a 3/8 thread to attach to, the standard on a Manfortto tripod.
    I use it with another head, a 322RC2, this makes leveling the panoramic
    head a snap, otherwise you need to adjust the length of the tripod
    legs. This way I can also use the tripod as a normal tripod, the pan
    head just pops off.

    This is what the whole thing looks like all put together.
    http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/59671185/original

    Scott

    Scott W, May 4, 2006
  4. Brandy

    Arthur Small Guest

    Arthur Small, May 4, 2006
  5. John A. Stovall, May 4, 2006
  6. Brandy

    Brandy Guest

    Thank you all so much for the input! I'm checking out all the links you
    sent me to compare these heads. They all look wonderful; now I need to do
    some serious comparisons! :)

    Brandy, May 4, 2006
  7. Brandy

    Peter A. Guest

    Peter A., May 4, 2006
  8. Brandy

    cal Guest

    Have a look at www.kingpano.com and www.tawbaware.com.

    There's a lot here to learn from. I just bought the King pano head,
    but there are several choices and considerations.

    cal

    cal, May 5, 2006
  9. Brandy

    Don Wiss Guest

    On Thu, 04 May 2006, Arthur Small <> wrote:

    >Look at Nodal Ninja. Solid under $200.00
    >
    >www.alldigital.fotopic.net

    I went to the link, yet I don't find Nodal Ninja.

    Don Wiss, May 5, 2006
  10. Brandy

    Frank ess Guest

    Don Wiss wrote:
    > On Thu, 04 May 2006, Arthur Small <> wrote:
    >
    >> Look at Nodal Ninja. Solid under $200.00
    >>
    >> www.alldigital.fotopic.net

    > I went to the link, yet I don't find Nodal Ninja.
    >
    > Don <www.donwiss.com> (e-mail link at home page bottom).

    I was tempted to go there, too, but gooooogled instead and found,
    among other things, the Nodal Ninja works OK up to a certain weight,
    not including a Canon 20D plus a substantial lens...

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, May 5, 2006
  11. Brandy